Newby mistakes! - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Anything non-motorcycle related goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Newby mistakes!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2006, 09:32 PM   #1
g-style street-fighter
Bush pilot
Senior Fighterer
g-style street-fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:39 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 19 Times in 19 Posts
g-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friends
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - People's Choice Awar 
Default Newby mistakes!

Out of curiosity, Waht is the stupidest newby screw-ups you ever made. Or for those of you who don't make mistakes, the dummest thing you've seen done.

For me, I remember being 16 years old trying to show off on my 1977 RD400, and riding up the escarpment (only about a 300 foot climb!!! fuck I wouldn't do that on my RM 250!!). After hitting a large rock, and cascading probably 60 feet down on my "hill climber", I promply picked up my silencer and burned the living shit out of my hand. The horn was stuck on, the kick starter bent, bars bent, headlight tail light and signals broke or gone all together. One expansion chamber crushed shut, and as I said the other side missing the silencer. Whata long ride home with mirrors silencers and signals in my coat, especially with by buddies all laughing.

I'd do it all again tomarow.

Millions of funny stories out there lets hear-em!!

REMEMBER VOTE FOR G-STYLE
g-style street-fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 11:39 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 10 Posts
enrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well liked
Default Re: Newby mistakes!

When I was a teen I used to have a scooter(hence the name vespa). Anyway I always used to keep my helmet on the platform between my feet.

A cop pulls over and this was the conversation:

Cop still in his car: Hey hot wheels, where's your helmet?
Me: Between my legs.
Cop with stunned look on his face: WTF you say?
Me: Between my legs, you wanna see it?

Cop proceeds to open the car when I realize what I said was misunderstood. I quickly reached down and grabbed my helmet to show him.

Lesson learned? Always wear your helmet.

enrico vespa is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #3
g-style street-fighter
Bush pilot
Senior Fighterer
g-style street-fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 19 Times in 19 Posts
g-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friendsg-style street-fighter is making some friends
2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - People's Choice Awar 

About 1988, grade 11 maybe, My buddy greg was the first of us to buy a Gixxer, a sweet 86 (surprisingly flat black with no fairings and fog lights......was he a trend setter???). Well Greg used to do these awesome burnouts standing beside the bike in the school parking lot. Really cool, he used to get up to 240 + Km/hr. Yeah you guessed it, one day he lost it. Fuck we thought that thing was never gonna stop!!! Until it hit a tree!!. Coincidentally that was the second set of forks we put on that bike...

G...

REMEMBER VOTE FOR G-STYLE
g-style street-fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2006, 10:53 PM   #4
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:39 PM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

My first ever "out on the highway" ride, a friend took me to a meet in Calgary. It was the unveiling day of my new to me 97 SRAD 750. After some eats, we were all leaving the lot, and a car was coming. I stopped to let him go. Seeing we were a big group, he stopped and waved us/me out. I started to go, something spooked him and he gunned it. Just about smoked me but in my noobie panic I grabbed the brakes and not the clutch...stall, drop...oh well. Had to drive in the city for the first time, all the way across Calgary with no front brake lever...bastid...

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2006, 11:24 PM   #5
skr00zloose
the mad doctor

CF Pimp
skr00zloose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 25 Times in 25 Posts
skr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

not a noob mistake on my part, but definately the scariest moment i ever had on a bike....

out playing around on some back roads, on one of our favorites we call "the coaster" with about 15 other bikes. i'm on a borrowed gsxr600, with the owner (a female) on the back. we all stop to take our turn on the coaster, and she tells me to "go have fun" (awesome girl!!). so we proceed to leave our stopping point, one at a time, at about 20 second intervals to keep riders of different skill levels from getting tangled. i'm up, and off. coming around one turn at about 80-90mph, blind left hander, i see my friend TURNING AROUND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. by this i mean he stopped dead in the middle of the lane, and was backing up while turning so he could go back the other way. well i see him and emediatly crank VERY hard into the corner, JUST missing his front wheel by a few inches. unfortunatly the next turn was a right, which put me straight in the dirt, still doing about 70mph. somehow, and i still don't know how, i didn't go down, and the road was coming back around to the left again, and i ended up back on the road, though now in the wrong lane, at about 40mph. scared the living shit outa me.

turns out a guy on a cbr954 in front of him had come in too hot, and in an effort to make the turn, ended up with his knee down in just a pair of jeans, and was stopped way off the road (which is why i never even saw him). he didn't go down either, just left a nice long trail of denim/skin/blood thru the corner. the guy i almost took out had seen it happen, and was turning around to go pick up what was left of his kneecap.

i don't really ride with those guys any more

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
skr00zloose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #6
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:39 PM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

k..you win...

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2006, 11:28 PM   #7
skr00zloose
the mad doctor

CF Pimp
skr00zloose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 25 Times in 25 Posts
skr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of lightskr00zloose is a glorious beacon of light

lol, i wasn't going for a win, just sharing

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
skr00zloose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-11-2006, 11:40 PM   #8
The Green Lantern
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
The Green Lantern's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 116 Times in 99 Posts
The Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant futureThe Green Lantern has a brilliant future

i was pullin endos on the r1 and i accidently rolled into a car that suddenly stopped in fornt of me

turns out it was a cop in a ghost car -DAM IT
got my liscense yanked for a month
The Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2006, 12:44 AM   #9
spyder
Buy all my shit!

spyder's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 22 Times in 21 Posts
spyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant futurespyder has a brilliant future

I rode switchback recliner thread a main intersection on my green light.. Which at the red light from the intersecting road there was a sheriff.

The did a double take on me twice and just watched me go by. He couldnt believe what he was seeing, I never got puled over. Ive done alot of stupid shit but that's just one of the case's lol
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived spyder!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-12-2006, 07:43 AM   #10
ab420
Abministrator
ab420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 182 Times in 79 Posts
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrico vespa
When I was a teen I used to have a scooter(hence the name vespa). Anyway I always used to keep my helmet on the platform between my feet.

A cop pulls over and this was the conversation:

Cop still in his car: Hey hot wheels, where's your helmet?
Me: Between my legs.
Cop with stunned look on his face: WTF you say?
Me: Between my legs, you wanna see it?

Cop proceeds to open the car when I realize what I said was misunderstood. I quickly reached down and grabbed my helmet to show him.

Lesson learned? Always wear your helmet.
That's hilarious!
ab420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion