how to make a free website forum? - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > how to make a free website forum?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
kevin401
fa-shizzle
CF Addict
kevin401's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:37 PM
Flip Offs: 49
Flipped Off 29 Times in 14 Posts
kevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to behold
Default how to make a free website forum?

well, i am on a paintball team and the coach asked if anyone knew how to make a free fourm website so it is easier to contact each other and talk about stuff just between the team members.

anyone know of any sites?
kevin401 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
ab420
Abministrator
ab420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 182 Times in 79 Posts
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: how to make a free website forum?

Honestly... they all suck... big time...

I have helped several people move away from various free forum hosts, because the service was horrible, they had downtime regularly, slow loading times, major spam problems... the list goes on and on...

You can get decent web hosting for $50 / year and install free forum software like phpBB on it, and you will have a lot more control over your site, and a lot less problems. Get a web host with "Fantastico" installed, which is a program that can automatically install a bunch of popular web scripts. You just punch in a few basic details (like site name and your email address, etc.) and it will do the rest to install the forum software for you. All in all... it should take around 2 minutes to install.

When you're on a free host and you have a problem... do you think they are really going to pay tech support $50 / hour to fix your free site? Not likely...
ab420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ab420!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
DRAGGIN
Canadian Fighter

Senior Fighterer
DRAGGIN's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:37 PM
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 22 Times in 4 Posts
DRAGGIN is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGIN is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGIN is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGIN is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGIN is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGIN is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGIN is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGIN is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGIN is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGIN is a splendid one to beholdDRAGGIN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab420 View Post
Honestly... they all suck... big time...

I have helped several people move away from various free forum hosts, because the service was horrible, they had downtime regularly, slow loading times, major spam problems... the list goes on and on...

You can get decent web hosting for $50 / year and install free forum software like phpBB on it, and you will have a lot more control over your site, and a lot less problems. Get a web host with "Fantastico" installed, which is a program that can automatically install a bunch of popular web scripts. You just punch in a few basic details (like site name and your email address, etc.) and it will do the rest to install the forum software for you. All in all... it should take around 2 minutes to install.

When you're on a free host and you have a problem... do you think they are really going to pay tech support $50 / hour to fix your free site? Not likely...

^^^ This guy i smarter than he appears.. Do what he says. You ont regret it.
DRAGGIN is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived DRAGGIN!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 12:57 AM   #4
kevin401
fa-shizzle
CF Addict
kevin401's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 49
Flipped Off 29 Times in 14 Posts
kevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to beholdkevin401 is a splendid one to behold

ahh good point.. thanks guys haha.
kevin401 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
mikey
Redneck Dumbass

mikey's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:37 PM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 32 Posts
mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!mikey is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Simplemachines has some decengt software

Project: Moneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedd View Post
i would rather have "fear my ass" primer than "fuk my ass" purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by super View Post
you two fags need to give up the charade and go camping already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gaulke
When a shark appears in the area sea lions will leave the water immediately. Luckily there are no tigers on the shore waiting for him, or he wouldn't know what the fuck to do.
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #6
Drew401
Corner retard
Noobie
Drew401's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Drew401 is a NOOB

Learn how to play before you worry about the website

I'm waiting for a Boston indoor day, def anxious to see you guys play

02 EX500D9 - Sold - Was a blast in the corners
02 ZX6R - Ridden like a slut
Drew401 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
kwakanut
The Polish Prince

CF Lover
kwakanut's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:37 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 37 Times in 15 Posts
kwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to allkwakanut is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnsteve1677 View Post
kevin kevin, first visist mybb forum website download a latest version file download. and follow given redme file instructions. will upload your ftp root directoy all file. its working properlly.
Good job. 2 posts and they are both promoting your business. Adam, why is he still here?

Credo quia absurdum est, baby.

Jokers to the left of me, clowns to the right....

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money.

If I wanted to lick a hippie I'd return Joan Baez's phone calls. - Jack Doneghy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokermachine View Post
I don't remember why I forgot about it.
kwakanut is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived kwakanut!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Kevin, if noone wants to pony up for hosting and whatnot, I can offer a slot on my host. Either a full domain name (10 bucks a year) or I could setup forums as an extension to one of the websites I already have up (example protourings10.com/kevinsnewforum)

Lemme know if interested
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

just ge AB to make one for you lol

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
TommyRocker
Senior Fighterer
TommyRocker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:37 PM
Flip Offs: 60
Flipped Off 9 Times in 8 Posts
TommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to allTommyRocker is a name known to all

There's a new website, totally free, called "Facebook". Yeah, lame name, but it works pretty well for communicating. You can set up events and invite people to them so they are notified and they can't say they didn't know. You can send private messages and post public messages. Add pictures and videos of your team/games. All kinds of stuff.

And it's free! For real!!!

Look it up some time.
TommyRocker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived TommyRocker!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters