Need To Find An Inexsenive 12 Cell Battery For Toshiba Laptop - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters

Byte Fighters All computer related discussion goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Need To Find An Inexsenive 12 Cell Battery For Toshiba Laptop

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
Jackstand Johnny
watches you sleep.

Jackstand Johnny's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:44 PM
Flip Offs: 321
Flipped Off 209 Times in 127 Posts
Jackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loserJackstand Johnny is a loser
Default Need To Find An Inexsenive 12 Cell Battery For Toshiba Laptop

The battery on my Toshiba Satellite L855D-S5220 laptop isn't holding a charge long at all and I've been looking for a hi cap battery to no avail. I'm looking for one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good online store to find one? Does anyone have one I could buy? Thanks.
Jackstand Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:44 PM
Flip Offs: 699
Flipped Off 518 Times in 242 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Need To Find An Inexsenive 12 Cell Battery For Toshiba Laptop

My suggestion is to buy a cheap stock battery, and keep it on the charger as much as possible. Lithium batteries have a working life that is drastically decreased the more and deeper you drain it (letting it die). just remove and replace. I would look on DHgate for higher capacity setups, but your wallet and computer are just fine with a cheap one.

http://pcparts.store.rakuten.com/p/n...ngId=251757750
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived thaOrleanyte!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
Nailhead
GURU
Nailhead's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:44 PM
Flip Offs: 131
Flipped Off 466 Times in 290 Posts
Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
My suggestion is to buy a cheap stock battery, and keep it on the charger as much as possible. Lithium batteries have a working life that is drastically decreased the more and deeper you drain it (letting it die). just remove and replace. I would look on DHgate for higher capacity setups, but your wallet and computer are just fine with a cheap one.

http://pcparts.store.rakuten.com/p/n...ngId=251757750

From the time a battery is made it is already degrading. How you handle the battery during the time you have it determines how quickly it degrades. When you keep it plugged in it generally does two things to the battery that damage it.

1. It keeps it fully charged. This might seem a bit odd, but the cells in the battery will last the longest when stored with 40% charge.
2. It causes it to become significantly hotter. Any time you turn electricity through pretty much anything you generate heat, and once a battery is full charged it is provided a 'trickle' charge which is suppose to supply any charge that the computer pulls or leaks, but this charge isn't very precise so much of it automatically becomes heat. The optimum temperature for the batteries is surprising cold, that’s why storing it in a fridge or freezer is often recommended, while a hot car can severely damage it.

Even if you don't store your battery in the laptop while on AC, you will probably still have your battery at >95% charge. This means that only the temperature is changed, which can still be significant. If your laptop is next to a strong flow of AC it’s not going to be as affected as if its stuffed in a corner with all the heat forced to stay on the laptop. It’s really a personal choice and unless you follow it religiously you probably won’t get a huge amount of gain.

the main killer of a laptop battery is heat. Not leaving it plugged in. Heat kills electronics.

its a simple concept really,
build bike from what you have and can afford
ride bike with your friends as much as you can
and love every minute of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiden View Post
I go home and make myself a sandwich.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXQkBZ1NOM8
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
Nailhead
GURU
Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Nailhead is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

battery life is a bit over 6 hours on those things. you could buy 2 for less than a high cap

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
thaOrleanyte
Jarhead Supreme

thaOrleanyte's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:44 PM
Flip Offs: 699
Flipped Off 518 Times in 242 Posts
thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!thaOrleanyte is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I'd agree on the heat. That and humidity/moisture/ESD are electronic killers. Laptop's are especially bad at cooling. In a perfect world, with a cool computer, I'd just always leave it plugged in. I don't know what exact level of charge a battery should have, but Li likes being charged more than it doesn't. JMO
thaOrleanyte is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
Nailhead
GURU

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
I'd agree on the heat. That and humidity/moisture/ESD are electronic killers. Laptop's are especially bad at cooling. In a perfect world, with a cool computer, I'd just always leave it plugged in. I don't know what exact level of charge a battery should have, but Li likes being charged more than it doesn't. JMO
i use my laptop as my main machine and i let it drain to 50%ish, took the battery out and i just leave it plugged in and the battery on the shelf.

the older your laptop gets the cheaper the battery is, even at 30 bucks its whatever.

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Off Topic > Open Discussion > Byte Fighters