gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 121 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-26-2020, 09:29 AM   #1201
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Flip Offs: 33
Flipped Off 35 Times in 8 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

been out for a couple of hours on the big old GS bus, after fitting new plugs, finishing off stick coil harness and final fiddle with carbs, now runs sweet, got home just before the rain started which was a bonus.
looking forward to getting the EFE sorted and swing arm fitted, onward

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2020, 03:15 AM   #1202
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

As i was going to get an Ignitech quick shifter for my EFE build, i thought it rude not to get one at the same time for the big bus, especially as she is already fitted with an Ignitech TCIP4 ignition pack.

had a look see last night on what i needed to do fitting wise, looks to be very simple, almost "plug and play"

might just have a go at fitting tonight

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #1203
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

almost sorted, need to work out a route for the wire and where to position the waterproof connector.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
These people High Fived 370steve!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-06-2020, 12:27 PM   #1204
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

been doing a bit of testing, started off with the recommended 40ms off time, worked but seemed a bit clunky, so after a little bit more distance to see if i got used to it, i came home and set it to 45ms.

now much better, not perfect, but much smoother.

going to have to get used to being firm on the change, as i found i missed gears if i wasnt!!

will be riding to work tomorrow if weather is good to add some more miles, but liking it from the off.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-10-2020, 03:32 AM   #1205
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Couple of things to report from the weekend,

1) changed the Q/shifter kill timing to 50ms, now spot on and very happy with its performance.

2) whilst i had the laptop out to program the Q/s i tried some different setting on the Dash to sort the gear position indicator, no luck, still crap!

3) to top it all off, out on Sun, bike wouldnt start after re fuel!! just clicking from start relay, AA confirmed 12.2v in battery, jump start and ride back home, battery on order, will check charging system once new battery on bike.

Onwards

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-03-2020, 03:06 PM   #1206
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

just won this NOS GS tank

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-15-2020, 06:12 PM   #1207
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

well she turned up today all the way from Sweden, all safe and sound and looking brand spanking new

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes