900RR Super Commute Fighter - Page 11 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 900RR Super Commute Fighter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #101
motoliam
Forever:LifeLove
Fighter In Training
motoliam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:40 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
motoliam is making some friendsmotoliam is making some friendsmotoliam is making some friendsmotoliam is making some friendsmotoliam is making some friends
Default Re: 900RR Super Commute Fighter

Thanks Everyone. Ride on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
Any reason you didn't try to hide the subframe a little more?
What for? There's a purity of purpose shown. The subframe is to support the seat, mount the taillight/plate and that's it. This is a mechanic's bike and everything is set up to be easily removeable/accessible - no wires buried through the handlebars, no extraneous bodywork and the creature comforts are sparse. I did spend some time and effort wrapping the tank, but that's because I wanted a matching finish across the bike of my own making.
motoliam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived motoliam!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #102
Tbird232ci
GURU

Fighterer
Tbird232ci's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:40 PM
Flip Offs: 42
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tbird232ci is a splendid one to beholdTbird232ci is a splendid one to beholdTbird232ci is a splendid one to beholdTbird232ci is a splendid one to beholdTbird232ci is a splendid one to beholdTbird232ci is a splendid one to beholdTbird232ci is a splendid one to beholdTbird232ci is a splendid one to beholdTbird232ci is a splendid one to beholdTbird232ci is a splendid one to beholdTbird232ci is a splendid one to behold

Very inspiring build. Gives me some motivation.

1983 KZ550 LTD

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #103
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoliam View Post
Thanks Everyone. Ride on!

What for? There's a purity of purpose shown. The subframe is to support the seat, mount the taillight/plate and that's it. This is a mechanic's bike and everything is set up to be easily removeable/accessible - no wires buried through the handlebars, no extraneous bodywork and the creature comforts are sparse. I did spend some time and effort wrapping the tank, but that's because I wanted a matching finish across the bike of my own making.
I more mean the locations of the rails - on most bikes, the upper subframe rails aren't very visible.

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, WR450SM street legal, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-22-2011, 11:13 PM   #104
TeckniX
Fight it till it's right
Senior Fighterer
TeckniX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 4 Times in 2 Posts
TeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of lightTeckniX is a glorious beacon of light

The picture details are great and overall a really nice build - I did git a little lost during the sssa spindle swap, but I'll bookmark it to re-read it with a clearer mind.

You do excellent work for picking up bits n pieces from recycled stuff

'01 SV650 build -> http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?p=720653

k7 7Fiddy build -> http://www.customfighters.com/forums....php?p=1268646

"Just learning my way through..."
TeckniX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #105
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

i really love how this came out. do you have any pictures of wrapping the tanks?

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #106
AA-CafeFighter
CafeFighter
Fighter In Training
AA-CafeFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:40 PM
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
AA-CafeFighter is a good noobieAA-CafeFighter is a good noobie

Superb bike... love it

Bike is not a whisky, You don't need a liter
AA-CafeFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2012, 04:45 AM   #107
motoliam
Forever:LifeLove
Fighter In Training
motoliam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
motoliam is making some friendsmotoliam is making some friendsmotoliam is making some friendsmotoliam is making some friendsmotoliam is making some friends

Finally got my decent camera out last night. Bike is filthy from riding the mtns in the rain last weekend

motoliam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived motoliam!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #108
nemo
Do a skid!

CF Pimp
nemo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:40 AM
Flip Offs: 2,793
Flipped Off 435 Times in 208 Posts
nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!nemo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Wow man what sort of camera are you using? Lense, shutterspeed...

Bikes lookin sweet too but i love this pic with the lights flashing past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohorho View Post
Looks just like turbo, only smaller ...
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #109
BurtonF166
Macaque
CF Lover
BurtonF166's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 16
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
BurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to allBurtonF166 is a name known to all

That's an awesome picture!
BurtonF166 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #110
ants
Legit goon

CF Addict
ants's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:40 PM
Flip Offs: 97
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ants is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I agree. Great freaking bike, but the picture quality makes it look like a freaking superb fighter!

~Andrew
r.i.p.[||]
Normality is a waste of potential.
My slow-ass project: '89 Yamaha XJ600 the GOON

@Cookie2000ad:-------------------------------------------------------
| This is CF. If you file down a bolt we expect 10 photos and a video. |
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ants is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes