My Homemade Powder Coating Oven (Pic Heavy) - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools

Streetfighter Tools Discussion about the tools you use to build and modify your streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > My Homemade Powder Coating Oven (Pic Heavy)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
JaCkHoLe
The Handy Man
Fighter
JaCkHoLe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:20 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 3 Times in 1 Post
JaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of light
Default My Homemade Powder Coating Oven (Pic Heavy)

I have had this done for awhile now, just been lazy about posting pictures lol. Basically I made this oven out of a few industrial server towers and an old electric oven that I acquired. Just took some sheet metal work, lots of insulation, and even more beers. Inside dimensions are 24" X 24" X 48". It works pretty damned well, and never gets too hot to touch on the outside. The pics dont show it too well, but I stuffed ALOT of insulation in there beneath every surface. The only problem I run into is when doing large parts that reach towards the bottom. It gets hotter in the top of the oven, but it equals out if I leave it on for about 20-30 min before I bake. Small parts I have no issues with, heats up to temp in about 5 min thanks to the foil/aluminum tape. I wanted to install a high temp blower motor but they are too damned expensive. Oven runs off of 220v. The draw latches I made out of bolts that I welded wing-nut type tops too and nuts welded inside the edge. Door is sealed with high temp silicone caulking. I used regular fiberglass insulation from Homedepot, no paper backing of course. No window, not really necessary with proper timing. Digital turkey thermo in the door and also have an infrared thermo for checking actual part temps. AND it doubles as a pretty nice garage heater lol I'll stop rambling and let the pics talk. If you have any questions just ask!

JaCkHoLe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus
Default Re: My Homemade Powder Coating Oven (Pic Heavy)

fuckin sweet

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:20 PM
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 143 Times in 38 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

That's Badass man
fukn + rept

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 

Nice work!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
Poopie
GOOROO of da POO POO

CF Pimp
Poopie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 132
Flipped Off 91 Times in 61 Posts
Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Wowzers!!!

I NEED one!!!

“When the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box”

EL RoY Build

EL RoY Discussion

Chickamauga Warhorse Build

Chickamauga Warhorse (discussion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDogg007
If I fuck this up bear with me. I am on some serious pain meds for kidney stones and flying like a mofo here.
Poopie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
Poopie
GOOROO of da POO POO

CF Pimp
Poopie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 132
Flipped Off 91 Times in 61 Posts
Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Poopie is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

A cheap hair dryer, some 2" tube or some kind of heat tolerant duct, mounted at the top will circulate that hot air...

“When the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box”

EL RoY Build

EL RoY Discussion

Chickamauga Warhorse Build

Chickamauga Warhorse (discussion)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDogg007
If I fuck this up bear with me. I am on some serious pain meds for kidney stones and flying like a mofo here.
Poopie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #7
Twisted Noodle
I am my own Think Tank

Fighter
Twisted Noodle's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Twisted Noodle is a glorious beacon of lightTwisted Noodle is a glorious beacon of lightTwisted Noodle is a glorious beacon of lightTwisted Noodle is a glorious beacon of lightTwisted Noodle is a glorious beacon of lightTwisted Noodle is a glorious beacon of lightTwisted Noodle is a glorious beacon of lightTwisted Noodle is a glorious beacon of lightTwisted Noodle is a glorious beacon of light

Fucking Brilliant, Bootlip! The thing I like the most is it appears to save valuable space. You da man!
Twisted Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
purpony
Fighterer
purpony's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
purpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of lightpurpony is a glorious beacon of light
Fighter of the Month 

looking good-

here is my oven a built a couple years ago... works fantastic!

My Buell Build on CustomFighters.com - --> Click Here <--
My second and newer build - --> Click Here <--

-1999 Buell X1
-1996 Buell S1
-1989 Mustang Twin Turbo
-1998 EB V8 Explorer AWD
-2006 EB V6 Explorer 4x4
-2002 Focus SE
-2014 Flex Twin Turbo
purpony is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived purpony!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2012, 02:30 AM   #9
dogmeatk
QUESTIONABLE ENGINEERING
CF Addict
dogmeatk's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Flip Offs: 19
Flipped Off 8 Times in 7 Posts
dogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond reputedogmeatk has a reputation beyond repute

sweet rig, d00d! I am putting that on my to-do list!!!
dogmeatk is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-20-2012, 01:46 AM   #10
JaCkHoLe
The Handy Man
Fighter
JaCkHoLe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 3 Times in 1 Post
JaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of lightJaCkHoLe is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
A cheap hair dryer, some 2" tube or some kind of heat tolerant duct, mounted at the top will circulate that hot air...
Thats actually a pretty good idea. And thanks for the complements guys.
JaCkHoLe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Streetfighter Tools