Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Is Smoking Permitted?

831K views 3K replies 254 participants last post by  Smoker 
#1 ·
Just found this website and love the bikes and custom mods!

I'm working on a custom streetfighter, but not sure if you guys are into smokers around here.

I would appreciate any advice or tips on modding you guys can provide. I've made a lot of progress, but still have a long way to go.

The bike is a 1985 Yamaha RZ350, but there won't be much left of the original bike left when I'm done.

I'll post some pics of my build to get you guys caught up to where I am now.

See less See more
#1,757 ·
Yeah, it's probably a referance mark to make putting it in the various machines that make it a little faster and easier. You could always give it to a machine shop and have them stick it in a lathe to remove that thickness from the whole front face. It might get rid of the "Speedymoto" logo recessed in the center too since we all know how much you hate logos on your bike. Might look kind of cool with only the sides and pockets anodized red after the machining. :twocents:

#1,758 ·
Here it is:

Those defects in the pressure plate are actually alignment markers to aid in the assembly of the clutch. You should find one of the screw mounting posts on the inner basket have matching notches on it. You need to match the marks while assembling the clutch or it won’t go together for you properly. My Monster taught me that one when I was replacing the clutch plates on it. Since the clutch comes from the Ducati world you might want to get the service documentation for one of their dry clutch bikes just to make sure you get the details on putting it together, especially the torque settings.

#1,765 ·
Having a heck of a time getting a custom hose for the rear shock. Most places that do custom brake lines don't make this larger size.

Here's the shock hose next to a new standard brake line.

Pretty sure HEL is going to make it for me, but they don't have all the cool custom stuff in this size.

#1,774 ·
Yeah, that's the question.

I think the answer is that I won't be able to. Most of the custom parts that still need to be fabricated are necessary for the bike to run. I could definitely skimp on the frame, but really want the latticework.

And, yeah - I want to ride the shit out of all the bikes in the garage!!! Even the illegal ones.

Now's the time. Fuck it!

#1,784 ·
Smoker I'm so impressed with your build that I felt like burning my own project as it didn't seem worthy... but when I came to page 173 and there it was the news of your health and it brought me back to reality fast. I was sorry to hear your news but you have a positive attitude and that's half the battle. I started reading this thread as I had a RD350 that's what they were called over here. A great fun bike sadly my one ended up in the back end of a tractor.

I wish you all the best and I'm looking forward to this build getting finished and seeing the end result.:yeah:

#1,787 ·
Like a boss, you drive on... Inspirational, diligent, detail oriented, and settle for nothing short of the best... All words that come to mind when I see "Smoker" on the monitor...

#1,790 ·
I did these electronics enclosure lids at work and thought of you. some of the edges frayed. the engineer didn't want to change the design at all from the aluminum version when I suggested CF.