Carbs rebuild kit - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power

Making Power Anything to do with fabricating and modifying engines, carbs, ignition, etc. goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Carbs rebuild kit

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2020, 04:22 PM   #1
93gsxr
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 10:10 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all
Default Carbs rebuild kit

Need to rebuild my 93 gsxr carbs

1- recommendations on where*and what to get? Links?

2- are Ebay kits any good?

Thanks!
93gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2020, 06:18 PM   #2
Streetfighterkz
Capt Oblivious
CF Pimp
Streetfighterkz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 11 Times in 7 Posts
Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Streetfighterkz is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Carbs rebuild kit

I’ve never had to “rebuild” any carbs. A good cleaning and maybe some o-rings and gaskets are all you need. Needle jet orifices occasionally wear out along with the needle but there’a no reason to replace jets or emulsion tubes just for the sake of it.

Just my $0.02.

Later, Doug

‘74 Kawasaki H1-500 Project
‘76 Kawasaki Kz900 'Strip-fighter Project
‘77 Kawasaki Kz1000
‘78 Kawasaki Kz1000 Project
'80 Cx500 Cafe/Brat Project
‘83 Kawasaki Gpz750 (Turbo Converted) Project
Streetfighterkz is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Streetfighterkz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2020, 06:58 PM   #3
93gsxr
Fighter In Training
93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all93gsxr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetfighterkz View Post
I’ve never had to “rebuild” any carbs. A good cleaning and maybe some o-rings and gaskets are all you need. Needle jet orifices occasionally wear out along with the needle but there’a no reason to replace jets or emulsion tubes just for the sake of it.

Just my $0.02.

Later, Doug
You are right and that’s what I meant. Any recommendations?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2020, 07:42 PM   #4
Larry02ACR
Fighterer
Larry02ACR's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Larry02ACR is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

I've "rebuilt" a few sets.

If I can't get Mikuni or Keihin parts, I look for either ProX or K & L jets/kits.

I like partzilla.com or rockymountainatvmc.com for factory parts, and eBay for the rest...

This shit here is also the bomb:

Larry02ACR is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Larry02ACR!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2020, 10:48 PM   #5
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:10 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

I like mineral spirits for carb cleaning. Pretty low odor, very cheap ( about $8/gallon?), evaporates quickly but still leaves just enough of an oily film to prevent corrosion if you end up walking away for a while.

I've had perfect success using K&L brand when I need rubber parts for carbs.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-24-2020, 11:15 PM   #6
93gsxr
Fighter In Training

Thank you all!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Technical Section > Making Power