Mini tard - Page 4 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis

Dirty Tards & Minis Everything about dirtbikes, motards and minis goes in here!

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Mini tard

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #31
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:44 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Mini tard

There's talk of 18 months

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2020, 06:22 AM   #32
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

I don't think it'll be that long Titan and, at the moment, track days are still running, sooo.....
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2020, 06:55 AM   #33
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

I mentioned earlier that I needed to check the wheel spacers with the spare wheels... well, the wets that I have are on identical wheels, so all is cool there.
However, the slicks are on a set of different 3 spokers (look a bit like Dymag hollowspokes, which is cool), and these have different hub sizes (of course!). With a bit of jiggery pokery I got some spacers sorted for the front okay, but the back was a little more involved, as the disc is offset from the centre of the hub by a different amount. So I'm still farting about with that and have a couple of spacers to cut down to suit. Really wish that I have a lathe right now...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2020, 01:02 PM   #34
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:44 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

you have my number boss
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-16-2020, 07:01 AM   #35
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

As Yan knows, I cut down some spacers with hacksaw and file nicely enough, and got the wheel mounted fine, but something wasn't quite right...
Chain on, and it was worrying close to the tyre, and standing back the whee wasn't central. Seat off and a bit of string along the frame showed that the wheel was too far left, so while the spacers got the wheel in okay, they needed some late night sums doing and tonight's job is recutting spacers to move the wheel over, and then recheck the chain to see if spacers are needed behind the sprocket...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-16-2020, 01:02 PM   #36
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:44 PM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

at least only one new one, one just needs trimmed
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-20-2020, 07:19 AM   #37
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

Yep, a quick shuffle of spacers from right to left, re-assembled and, with a bit of hairy string as an aid, it's all straight and aligned!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	straight.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	108050  
These people High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-02-2020, 05:29 AM   #38
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

Booked in on a track day at the end of the month, so need to dig this back out from under its cover and check it over, get it fired up and make sure that the carburation is okay...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-27-2020, 04:04 AM   #39
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

Fired up on the second kick with the new Mickey Rooney, with was both surprising and pleasing. Not had chance to have a blast up the lane yet as it's been pissing down, but also fitted a baffle to hopefully take the edge off the bark...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	baffled.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	699.5 KB
ID:	108816  
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-03-2020, 06:48 AM   #40
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Addict

Hmm, not everything went according to plan...

At the track, bike fired up, ticking over nicely, a couple of steady laps to get some heat into the slicks (not ridden on slicks before, so steady away) but a slight misfire at higher revs became more insistent when raising the pace. So pulled in to whip off the airfilter with the hope that I might get a clue as to the misfire...
Back out, and barely covered 20 yards before stumbling to a halt, with fuel pissing out of the carb. The drain plug on the bottom of the float bowl had spun itself out, dropped off and disappeared, never to be seen again.
A push back to the pits and I fitted the original carb that I had fortunately brought with me. It fired up after a couple of kicks, and a steady tickover again meant I could go back out.
Again, less than 20 yards and it spluttered to a halt... Another push back in, and investigation showed zero spark, and a coil bracket that was just about to shear off.. game over.
Although a couple of very generous offers meant that I did get some proper track time on a bike that was running properly, which also gave some insight into the fact that mine was A) slow, and B) vibrated even more than it should...
I'm guessing that it was misfiring from the very start due to dodgy ignition components and that shady coil bracket, but I'm going to test all the electrical components and replace the crap stuff with good stuff.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Dirty Tards & Minis