Matty`s China Street Quad - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion

Other Motorcycle Discussion Anything about any other type of motorcycle goes in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Matty`s China Street Quad

View Poll Results: Which road to take?
Fix`n flip 2 28.57%
Full custom rebuild 2 28.57%
No fucks hoontrike 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2019, 04:53 PM   #1
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:14 AM
Flip Offs: 25
Flipped Off 34 Times in 22 Posts
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Matty`s China Street Quad

So yea I bought a quad and now trying to decide what to do with it. My original plan was to do a no-fucks-given burnout reverse trike out of this to hoon around the SMASH fighter festival next summer, BUT as I realized upon pickup, this thing has a valid street registration, albeit the inspection has run cold a long time ago.

The reason I got this quad for peanuts is that it has suffered some fire damage due to a flooding carb conveniently positioned right next to the exhaust. It`s not extensive almost only concentrating on the electrics but should keep me busy for a couple nights to rebuild the main harness (or get a new one) But why oh why did they paint the engine green...

Oh, I managed to find the model shield, this quadbike is as I suspected a "Chongqing Astronautic Bashan Motorcycle Manufacturing Ltd" model BS200s-7 from the year 2002.

The CDi is totally fried but as far as I can tell all other damage is wiring only so shouldn`t get too expensive to fix. There`s of course an arm`s length worth of list of other stuff to swap including but not limited to the chain/sprocket combo, at least one ball joint up front, all fluids etc. I should have one battery still in decent enough condition to use in this.

The rear frame loop is bolted on so not considered a part of the frame = ditchable!

So what I`m thinking is:

OPTION 1: Quick tidy-up, flip and turn a profit

Pros: shouldn`t take TOO long, possible chance to profit, open to do sth else afterwards

Cons: Eats build time/motivation of the sth else, profit margin slim so would have to keep an extremely tight budget

OPTION 2: Full ground-up custom rebuild with possibly custom self made alu sheet fairings

Pros: To own a unique street legal quad, have a proper long-term project

Cons: Might get costly, insurances are sky high, it`s only a 200cc so not a whole lot of umph, no SMASH hoontrike.

OPTION 3: give zero fucks, return plates, trike it.

Pros: To have a project with zero limitations, do whatever the fuck you please, have an absolute blast at SMASH

Cons: Expected lifetime/use of finished product from Friday evening to Sunday morning with very little use after that. No hope of getting it re-plated after that due to extensive frame modifications.

As a side note I could always either have two sections of metal pipe cut that will fit over the rear tires, or have spacers made to temporarily fit car tires and rims at back.

Taking into account the last statement I`m personally heavily leaning towards option number 2. What do you think?

Bashan BS200-S7 '07 Street Quad
Ex: Benelli Tornado 900 '06
Ex:Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA '02
Ex:Honda CBR 600 F2 '91
Mattson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2019, 05:00 AM   #2
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:14 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Matty`s China Street Quad

never seen the point in them on the road, no diff, all the disadvantages of a car and a bike rolled into one, quick flip and pick up a cheap bike to tinker with
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2019, 05:27 AM   #3
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympusMattson sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

The fact alone that the foot brake operates all four corners and the hand lever brakes only at the back does point heavily towards that even though you can ride these things on the street, their natural habitat is more on the gravel roads than black top. Gotta crunch some numbers to see what these go for when inspected and how much would it cost me to get it there, if there's enough of a margin probly gonna flip it, if not then all the same to go trike.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #4
Kimmo57
Lazy bastard

CF Addict
Kimmo57's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 22 Times in 11 Posts
Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kimmo57 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

"Astronautic"

WOMBAT (Waste Of Money, Brain And Time)

The origiSRAD
Honda CRF150R minisupermoto
Savage silliness!! Low budget modern café project
3D printed back covers for Trailtech and other stuff: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/randomtechstuff
Kimmo57 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Kimmo57!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2019, 02:48 AM   #5
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

I don't believe whoever rattlebombed this thing bothered so much as key the surface let alone apply any basecoat as the paint chips off when sanded. Took me about two short youtube videos worth to get completely white. Probly gonna paint it first then apply some vinyl decals to select areas, SFT makes some pretty cool graphics, they just cost quite a bit... Last pic is of a lego-glued crack I wanted to try to fix, the missing chunk however could prove a bit more problematic.. might cut off a similar piece from the other side and slap on some bullet type tail lights or sth as the old tail light has melted so need to renew that too.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2019, 01:24 PM   #6
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:14 AM
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Make your money and buy something cool
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2019, 02:07 PM   #7
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Not a whole lotta love for quads here eh? yea probly gonna go sth like a little more than half-ass fix, you know to make it proper but not mint, ride around for a while and decide whether or not I like to ride it, no one's gonna buy it til spring anyway so I got plenty of time to wait and look for the cheapest options for any particular problem. The most labor-intense vs money draining dilemma right now is try to fix them fairings or just get a fresh set, they can still be bought but they'd set me back 280€ and that's a bit much considering I paid 350€ for the whole thing.

This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2019, 03:49 PM   #8
Smoker
BLACK BELT

Smoker's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:14 PM
Flip Offs: 36
Flipped Off 13 Times in 12 Posts
Smoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on hereSmoker spends too much time on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
Not a whole lotta love for quads here eh?
Street legal quad??? Dude, I'm in 1000%.

While not very practical, it's so unique, I would have to build it.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Smoker!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2019, 06:03 PM   #9
Mattson
Stressed Member
Fighter of the Month 

Yea after one full night of sanding the fairings it`s pretty obvious the cheapest route is to just cough up and get a fresh set as these ones are beyond salvage... That however will have to wait til I get the thing to run and drive first which means not a whole helluva lot happening here for at least a couple weeks since we got a mail strike going on so can`t really order stuff right now and I got a holiday trip with the missus coming so need to save some dosh for that too.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-14-2019, 10:15 PM   #10
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:14 AM
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

dude, duplicolor spray on bedliner, lots of light coats. make sure you sand and spray around the edges. will look awesome, flat black, and super fucking durable.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Other Motorcycle Discussion