Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple" - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #41
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:33 PM
Flip Offs: 28
Flipped Off 24 Times in 22 Posts
Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Ahks' "Not a Speed Triple"

Went and bought some epoxy... YAaayyyy... Shoot me
Ahks is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2012, 02:09 AM   #42
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 02:33 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Aah, you did the old measure once, cut twice.

Sadly, it's not the last time either of us will do that. Unless you have cabbie-like levels of OCD most projects will have wires with extra loops or corners that had to be rounded unevenly to make a clearance etc etc etc

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #43
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Ahks is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I measured a whole bunch. I just failed to mock it up before drilling. Else I would have seen the risers were way to fkn close

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #44
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

The tail cowl thing has the base on...

Working on the fender between other shit

I'll clean greasy finger prints off before paint :p

Can I just fill these cracks with that plastic/epoxy stuff?

And since I can't stay on a single task for a whole evening got my risers about 90% ready to be mounted so I tossed em on to check out how it looks...

Off to see if I can find me a broad flat file at the 24hour store
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2012, 02:55 AM   #45
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 02:33 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Use a solder iron to weld the cracks up. Practise first and destructively test the join to see what you need todo. Zip tie is good filler rod.

Looking good thus far!

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2012, 03:04 AM   #46
Mista M
Fighter
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud of

Nice project. You didnt happen to buy it off c-list around the east side did you. Looks like my friends old bike he sold earlier this year.
Mista M is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #47
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_morti View Post
Use a solder iron to weld the cracks up. Practise first and destructively test the join to see what you need todo. Zip tie is good filler rod.

Looking good thus far!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista M View Post
Nice project. You didnt happen to buy it off c-list around the east side did you. Looks like my friends old bike he sold earlier this year.
The guy I got it from got it from a guy in Farmington Hills named Mike, I think, who was the second owner from what I've found. I found this http://www.triumphrat.net/daytona-de...on-wunoff.html and this http://motownmuscle.com/forums/showt...-955i-2700-obo while researching the bike and exhaust, and the PO said he bought his in March.

The interwebs are creepy with stalking people.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #48
Mista M
Fighter
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud ofMista M has much to be proud of

Yeah. Mike is my friend. Took good care of it. Fixed some wiring issues and put new tires on it. I asked because,guy you bought it from put a lot of bs in the sale ad. Guy didnt put anything new on it and never had the dealer do all the work he claimed in the ad. Sorry to be a downer, its a great bike but check the valves and anything else the previous owner claimed to have done. look forward to what you do
Mista M is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #49
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Yeah I figured that out when I found that it was missing a header nut and most were loose... but I tend to treat every bike I get as if it were abused before it got to me so I've already got the valve cover off to check valves and and am planning on refreshing a couple gaskets that look leaky :-P
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #50
Ahks
Feckin Eejit!

Took fucking ages to get the damn angle right with just sandpaper, angle grinder and files. Worth it I think.
Still going to rough up the surface of the triple under the risers and put a thin layer of JB in there to fill the gaps. Then I have to cut off the ignition loop, remove casting marks, fill the 3rd hole...

At this point it still doesn't look 100% but I'm done fussing as they look perfect when the bars are in them.

And underneath

Talked to my buddy today about paint instead of my idea of using PlastiDip... Turns out he's got PILES of pearl laying around and nowhere to use it that he's willing to donate if I do a "real paint job" and I can use all his equipment. Looks like I'm gonna start saving for paint

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes