Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Exhaust support

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Larry02ACR 
#1 ·
I removed the welded on passenger peg supports which also supported the factory muffler.

I contacted danmoto and they are telling me that a support on the muffler is necessary. That what I have now (a strap from the link pipe to the peg/rear set) is not enough.

They are saying the exhaust can will likely break or fall off.

Is it possible to pop rivet the muffler can to the interpipe/link pipe and expect it to hold up reasonably well?

See less See more
#2 ·
Pop rivets are soft, they'll shear off in no time. Perhaps some sort of an arm going behind the can if you don't wanna hang it off the subframe? Maybe bolt it to the back of that rearset adjuster plate?

Reactions: Ride and a_morti
#4 ·
Do they still not deburr those straps? The one that came with my JISU can was quite literally razor sharp, cut myself on it without noticing it til my hand was all red and wet.

#6 ·
I guess so plus scratch prevention too, they just stamp the straps off a sheet and don't do anything to them, they're delivered straight and you gotta both bend it and put on the rubber strip which I guess is when I managed to cut myself on the endge that was sharp enough for me to not even feel it til I noticed my hand is wet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.