Grettings from the greater ATL! - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New Member Introductions (For Noobs!)

New Member Introductions (For Noobs!) Are you new here? Just want to say hi? This is a great place to introduce yourself or ask beginner questions.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Grettings from the greater ATL!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2020, 12:12 PM   #1
racerfranz
NoObie
Noobie
racerfranz's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:10 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
racerfranz is a NOOB
Default Grettings from the greater ATL!

Hey Y'all! Happy St. Patricks Day!

I have to take a couple of deep breaths as I just accidentally closed the window with my very detailed and long first post/thread about my new streetfighter. All gone...ughhh.

So... I've started a new project, about a year ago I bought a pristine `91 gsxr 750 frame along with a `93 750 swingarm on Ebay. Clear title and everything! and cheap! I club raced for many years, and began that career on an `89 gsxr1100 ( not recommended) in 1990 at Willow Springs with ARRA. In fact, a 17 year old Kenny Jr. sat behind me in new riders school. I digress...

A couple of weeks ago I found an `05 bandit 1200 motor (yes, it fits this frame, this motor is "essentially" a `89-`92 gsxr1100) I've since picked up a clean 91-92 tank, and an `06 gsxr1000 rear wheel, along with a wiring harness, axles, and other little bits. I bought an 05-06 gsxr1000 shock as well, because the spring rates and length seem like it may work, although I'm going to have to probably make a new top shock mount as there is a spacing issue...

I'm going to most likely put a complete frontend from a `06-`07 gsxr600/750 on it as the length is just about right.
Why not the `91-`92 inverted front end? Because it's a freakin' boat anchor, and the new frontend has radial mounted brakes and accepts a lighter standard front wheel.

I'm still collecting parts and have started cleaning up the frame and engine for mating...
I'll try to be diligent , and post progress along with photos as I go, but honestly I suck at that.

I road raced for nearly 18 years, and fabricated, repaired and built my fair share of bikes. I consider myself a decent chassis man, I farm out the motor work.
This is the first time I've built one where there is no specific donor bike, so there may be some challenges headed my way. I'll be asking a lot of questions.

I rebuilt a salvage road king a couple of years ago, turned it into a cool East LA style lowrider, but now want to get back to my street and track roots, and build a tire smoking, loud, obnoxious hooligan beast. I uploaded a photo of my first race bike back in the day, and of my workbench in it's present state.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bandit soon to be mated!.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	597.5 KB
ID:	107802  
Attached Images

racerfranz is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived racerfranz!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2020, 12:28 PM   #2
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:10 PM
Flip Offs: 310
Flipped Off 172 Times in 148 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Grettings from the greater ATL!

Get outta here with your clean garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol

Welcome aboard! Keep us updated on the progress.

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MikeGyver!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2020, 12:31 PM   #3
racerfranz
NoObie
Noobie
racerfranz is a NOOB

I wanted to post a photo of the street fighter that inspired me.
Attached Images

These people High Fived racerfranz!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2020, 11:07 PM   #4
929_adam
Eff Tee Pee
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:10 PM
Flip Offs: 501
Flipped Off 166 Times in 132 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Welcome to the madness! Glad you signed up. Can’t wait to see how your inspiration translates into your own creation. DFW!

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
AFF.COM
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 929_adam!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2020, 05:31 AM   #5
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Flip Offs: 29
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Hi and welcome in, looking forward to this build

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2020, 06:15 PM   #6
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerfranz View Post
I wanted to post a photo of the street fighter that inspired me.
one of my fav builds pics also.. welcome in

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
H Designs

2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-20-2020, 11:39 AM   #7
racerfranz
NoObie
Noobie
racerfranz is a NOOB

Thanks guys! me too. I gotta get on it.
This user High Fived racerfranz!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-21-2020, 07:28 AM   #8
Mick
Noobie
Mick is a NOOB

Welcome from down under!
Iíve got a screenshot of the same gsxr, awesome!
Looking forward to seeing the build.
Currently building a bandit 1200 with the same forks youíre looking at, k6 750 shock and swing arm.

I cut it twice and itís still too short
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mick!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-21-2020, 04:22 PM   #9
racerfranz
NoObie
Noobie
racerfranz is a NOOB

Oh yes, I was just reading your thread. looks cool! Should be a fun build. Jury is still out on a seat for my bike. I'. thinking about using an Airtech Streamlining anti-draft teardrop tz250 seat. Roland Sands ran one on his 1999 (I think ) championship winning bike. I had one on my TZ framed SRX686. I can't seem to find the photo I was looking for.
This user High Fived racerfranz!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > New Member Introductions (For Noobs!)