Leroy's XT500Retro - Page 3 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Leroy's XT500Retro

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-11-2019, 05:59 AM   #21
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:36 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Leroy's XT500Retro

I've found headers from a TT 600 in beter condition than mine.
Those headers are a litle larger in diameter and it will gain a litle bit power.
Cleaned and chopped cause the curves at the end didn't match to my bike

Then I had to make a box for the CDI and other electrics components of the bike.
I've make a few cardboard boxes to end to desired one

And finaly

2mm metal sheet

And that was the finished box. I think that's overkill, I want to make an other with 1mm metal sheet

Trying to make the mounts to bolt it in place

But I dont like the right mount. I will make 2 cylindrical spacers like the left one later and done

Now I have to make a box and place the battery here

And the rear part of the wirring loom it's almost done
I used self vulcanised tape but I didn't find a larger one, this one is a litle narrow

Still a lot to do...
Leroy is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Leroy!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-17-2019, 07:09 PM   #22
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

A new box from 1mm sheet made for the electrics
Still haven't order the spacer mounts

And here is the box for the battery. This is the closest I can fit it to the engine.
To be honest I'm worrying about the battery with heat of the engine and exhaust.
What do you guys think? Please give me your thoughts

Here is where the regulator rectifier will stay

A repair kit for the rear caliper arrived. Installed and everything is on the bike.
Now I need a brake rotor and a fluid reservoir.

And started to make the front caliper adapter, but it was too late to keep working.
So thats it for this weekend

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-21-2019, 06:43 PM   #23
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

It's almost a month now since I've started to work on the electrics and all this time only one thing was spinning in my mind. Where could I fit the fooking battery.
I didn't want to lose the passenger seat, but there wasn't any place on the bike that I could hide it.
So the decision was taken. The passenger could sit on a seat hump

Measured

And chopped

And then I saw this

I'll be damned. All this time I didn't want to chop the seat and the solution was exactly there.
I will add a thick layer of foam over the battery and that's it. It won't be comfy like before, but the two seater seat will stay

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-23-2019, 09:36 PM   #24
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

I went to the welder to weld the box and the left mount

Then I finished the sample of the caliper bracket, the tabs to mount the starter relay and cdi. I also make the right mount of the box but I don't have picture from it. Next time I will upload it.

And prepered the box to accept two quick release bolts

The speedo drive gear holder is ready

Finally the fork boots arrived. This one is the second pair that was shipped to me. The first one had lost on the way.

It's a Harley Davidbon part

A clamp will fix that.
And at the end of the day I make a chain guard

That's it till the next time
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 06:27 PM   #25
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

I was working on the bike the last days but I didn't had the time to upload the images and update the build.
So I've made a fiberglass box for the battery, added some layers of foam and at the end I've covered the whole seat with an other sheet of foam

And then I nailed the seat cover

I'm not sure if I like it or if I'm going to keep that seat. I will let it for now and work on it later.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #26
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

Two fenders arrived and I'm waiting the 3rd one. There are all the same, I just wave to modify every one to fit the front and rear wheel.

I've bend two 13mm tubes for the bracket of the rear fender

And cut a biger caliper protector to weld the tubes on

Here is the front and one of the rear fenders just sitting on the wheels

For the rear end I will use two fenders. I will cut in half the right fender and fit it there to protect the suspansion and carbs from the dirt. The left one need a mounting bracket. I still work it in my mind but that is what I'm thinking to do more or less

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-05-2019, 06:37 PM   #27
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

A pair of velocity staks arrived too.
It was a little longer that I need

That height is just about right

Moved the mesh filter from the top to the bottom

Added a heat shrink to the clamp

And installed

And that's it for now
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2019, 06:07 PM   #28
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

I've done some work this weekend

All three fenders arrived. Also a pair of levers, a throttle twist grip from yamaha, a clutch wire adjuster, a rear brake reservoir and 10 truck side marker lights.

The truck side marker light is almost perfect fit for the tubes of the subframe

Levers and clutch wire adjuster installed
I had a GSXR 1000 K3 clutch line and installed it. It was at the perfect length.
I didn't want to cut the original line and add barrels to the end of the wire

Brake reservoir installed too

I've make custom length throttle lines from the original lines.
It looks a tight fit but the lines is working very smooth.
I had two pairs from the GSXR and SV lines but it was to short to use them.

Yamaha decals and bar end mirrors installed

Finished the battery wiring

I've make a mount for the first fender. I just have to go to the welder to finish it.

And the second fender , lisens plate and tail light mount is almost finished.
Needs some more twiking and then I will send it to the welder to finish that too.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads