Hack to thrash - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Hack to thrash

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2019, 08:50 AM   #51
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:40 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 39 Times in 38 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Hack to thrash

check shock lenghts for starters

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rex_saugerty!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2019, 11:45 AM   #52
Junkie
re-tarded
CF Addict
Junkie's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:40 AM
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Junkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to allJunkie is a name known to all
Fighter of the Month 

SVRider says that 03/04 636 is the best option

A steering damper dampens steering oscillations. If it starts to leak, it may become a steering dampener. There's no such thing as a dampner.

Bikes: naked SV1000 with all the possible bling, FE570, FS570, 450XCF SM trackbike
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Junkie!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #53
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
SVRider says that 03/04 636 is the best option
that'll be the one I used, knew it was a Kawasaki 600, couldn't mind which one
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived yantosh!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2019, 02:24 AM   #54
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:40 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

you guys are salty. I said I didn't read your thread, I just look at pictures while I play video games and order parts. lol.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-18-2019, 02:30 AM   #55
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:40 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I can tell you every shock that works on the SV, and what mods need to be done to which ones to make them work. But you all want to get crabby cause I missed something and asked a legitimate question. Like who the fuck would be looking under your tank. That's not a normal thing for anyone to do, in any country. I was wondering if they had instituted some new draconian set of bullshit in whatever soclialist prison you live in, but it just turns out I totally missed your first statement, and I said so. You guys are no fun.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2019, 05:15 AM   #56
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

'kin 'ell, someone's on rag week...
Dave - given your post on getting more people on to CF, you might want to re-read your last post and think if it might put someone off joining this forum. Especially given that it is such a good place for sharing information...
No fun? Pot, kettle, black...
MDM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived MDM!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2019, 05:17 AM   #57
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover
MDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant futureMDM has a brilliant future

Anyway, back to the real subject...
Valve clearances checked - all tight, every single one. Inlet cams swapped for inlet cams from a fuel-injected SV, shims ordered, and I'm now wondering whether I should swap the exhaust cams too, I recall someone telling me that it's only worthwhile doing the inlets, but I'd be interested in hearing other opinions. Do you happen to know Dave?...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2019, 05:45 AM   #58
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

Remembering that Junkie has suggested using the Gen 1 inlet cams in the exhaust, I checked the class regs and that's not allowed - inlet cams have to be used on the inlet, exhaust cams have to be used on the exhaust...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2019, 05:55 AM   #59
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:40 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

original inlet cam swapped to exhaust, early fi inlet cam fitted to inlet. 2003 onwards, and the info for timing is easily found online, gives 7 - 10bhp , dyno tested not billy bullshit down the pub
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-19-2019, 09:38 AM   #60
MDM
Procrastinator

CF Lover

That'll do me! FI inlets fitted, and I'll leave the rest of the cams on the shelf

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes