Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

SV1000Reptilia

23K views 200 replies 22 participants last post by  stuarty 
#1 ·
Hello to all!

It's time to make a build thread for my sv and start working on her.
I have this bike almost two years and I love her. It's my commuter, my daily ride and I had some good time twisting at the curvy roads on the mountains.

A quick intro before the build begins.
I've bought her like that for 1000 euros. Everything was stok on the bike but not in good condition

The magnets of the flywheel was unstuck. Something usual for a sv and the forks was leaking.
She had some cracks at the front fairings and tail and a dent on the tank
Bonded the magnets and did a frond end swap to gsxr K9 750 forks, triple tree and K3 1000 calipers. Bought two Sebring short cans and that's where
I stoped.

After that I was triyng to find some time to fix the cracked fairings and paind her but I didnt make it until now.

Bought an almost complete panigale tail and tail lights with integrated indicators since last year for this build

A fork cap and a pair fork tubes to replace mine. The forks are straight but with a big dent. It's fuctional and it was very cheap to pass

So I removed the front fairings and tail

And did a mockup so I can see how is that tail on her. Finaly after one year since I've bought it.
The XT retro it's looking. I think she is jealous :D

I need a headlight and start to make a subframe.
I've already ordered a Z1000 2014 cowl but I can't find any headlight at a decent price anywere.
If someone have or find one for selling please let me know.
So here is the cowl

And because I don't want to try to make a subframe that is going to be durable and heavy,
I will buy a stok subframe and modify the front section to bolt it on my frame.

That's all for now. If you make it to read all this, well thank you!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.