Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Dudads 92 katana fighter

21K views 47 replies 6 participants last post by  Dudad 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN Dudads 92 katana fighter discussion

And here we go.....I parted out the bike then used that money to buy the new parts so I will list what I bought with the money and what I spent extra. All parts with ** infront of them are parts bought with the money I made off selling my stock parts. I dont think that should count towards the final build cost but let me know. Ill post a price with the parts and without.

What I started with:

What it is now:

List of what has been done:
Frame cut and welded
Spacers made to fit the ninja swingarm
New lower shock mount fabricated
New subframe braces fabricated for Ducati subframe
Holes welded closed from cutting off the stock subframe brace
Custom plates welded on for the new GSXR rearsets
GSX110 Engine swap
GSXR/R1 Hybrid front suspension setup

Total spent not subtracting parts bought with money made from selling stock parts: $2,462

Total not including parts bought with money made from selling stock parts: $1,722

See less See more
#27 ·
ok so im thinking of chopping the tail a bit....only problem is i might have to make a different undertail so it doesnt stick down past the sides of where i want to cut this one...This is the original biposto tail I had but Im going to stay with the solo, just using the picture for a reference since I already photoshopped this one....opinions please

Stock:

Cut down:

#33 ·
Because im a picture WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE :photo2::photo2::photo2:

And this is how i solved my headlight bracket problem......damn I got REALLY lucky....the holes in the L plate were EXACTLY the same distance apart as the holes in my triple tree where the ignition goes.....then the bending for the bracket attached to the headlight was done by hand with a marker and tape measure.....got it perfect on the 1st try....

You wont see any of that since I am going to try to make a little windscreen to cover it. I also made sure I used locknuts so they couldnt vibrate themselves loose lol

#34 ·
And you know I gotta rep CF.com

I have 1 on each side of the forks......just havent figured out what to do with the skullssssssssssssss

#35 ·
Check it out, friend swung by with his stock katana....so side by sides of how mine started and how it is now

Im trying to talk my friend into doing his bike too but he has a daughter and other responsibilities first so maybe over this winter...

#36 ·
I RODE IT I RODE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party-smiley: :party-smiley: :moped_mazeguy: :moped_mazeguy: :evilred: :smiliebiker: :party: :drinks: :yeah: :rasta: :winko: :truestory: :jig: :dancingmonkey: :yeeha: :guitar:

#39 ·
I did ALOT of work, the front end is off of a yamaha r1 and the swingarm and rear wheel are from a kawasaki ninja 636

I deleted alot of pictures and my ex has the computer with all the images on it so Im screwed

#41 ·
it took a long time to do. You have to use the triple trees from a gsxr that has the USD forks then you use the 98-01 yamaha r1 forks, wheel, spacers, brakes.

the swingarm requires spacers and cuttin off the stock lower shock mount and making a new one.

This post has been deleted
#46 ·
are you referring to the ones on my gsxR? If so its cuz i cut them and didnt sand the edges down, I decided to do a different shape so ill fix it before i do everything on final assembly

#48 ·
i lost em all, well i deleted them from my photobucket and the ex has the computer that has all the pictures stored on it. What do you want/need to see?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.