Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

2011 Ninja 650r Custom seat/gas tank

965 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Captain_Frostbyte 
#1 ·
Hello guys, I ride a 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650r that I got from a guy for a really cheap deal. The previous owner says he only laid the bike down “once”(A couple of times lol). But I was didn’t really matter to me... but anyways I’m looking at turning it into a street fighter design since the fairing on the bike are practically destroyed and there is an eye sore on my gas tank. The first things I’m trying to accomplish in this build is trying to figure out how:
1.) To Shorten the seat(as in chopping off the passenger
2.) Gas tank has a STRONG dent. I’m wondering if there is anything I can do to hide it or cover it without having to repaint.

I’ve posted pictures below of what I’m working with as well as what I’m trying to accomplish. All ideas are welcome and I’m open to any suggestions. Thank you.

***i will update as I progress.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have almost the same bike with a similar affliction - minus the tank dent.
For the tank, I doubt you'll get the dent out easily, use filler get it smooth and then wrap the tank. Or just hit the local classifieds looking for a tank.

Cutting the seat will take some creativity, the last pick is sweet looking but a lot of work.
cutting the sea down your run into the fact that the seat pan runs the length of the seat and under it is open space. So no only do you end up cutting the seat down you end up needing to fill the space it left behind. Might be easier to cut the foam out of the back seat re-fit it (pull up the material and re-attach so it fills in the space) and make a cover from plastic or fiberglass.

Take all this with a grain of salt, I'm REALLY new to this and just giving my two cents, but I've been turning wrenches on cars as a hobby since my teens (and that was a while ago) and have done custom work on that front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.