gs1175, "time slip" retro build - Page 118 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > gs1175, "time slip" retro build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-16-2019, 07:40 AM   #1171
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:23 AM
Flip Offs: 23
Flipped Off 34 Times in 7 Posts
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: gs1175, "time slip" retro build

whilst playing around with the Yoshi TMR-MJN's jetting it struck*me that i had not seen any replacement or fitment kits for different MJN's?? and as my needles were marked as "C" fitment, there must at least be an A and B fitment too?*

i did a web search but came up empty handed, TMR handbook had no listing or spares for the Yoshi parts, even Webike had nothing on their site.

looked like the only way to get the MJN's is to get a set of carbs built for specific bike by Yoshi Japan to order!!*

So i gave the Yoshi UK importers Performance Spares a phone call, they checked out their catalogs and listings but could throw no light on the availability of replacement MJN's

they said that they would send off an E-mail to Yoshi Japan to see what they had to say on the subject. but agreed with me that if there is a C there must be other sizes.

Got a phone call from them this morning, Yoshi Japan had sent a reply and listed MJN fitments from A to F with part No's and recommended bike fitments.

So the info is out there! its not what you ask, but who you ask that counts*​​​​​​​

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
370steve is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 370steve!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2019, 07:38 AM   #1172
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp
370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!370steve is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

back on the Dyno this afternoon, ding ding......Round two

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
This user High Fived 370steve!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2019, 02:36 PM   #1173
JamesHambleton
Wanna be racer

CF Addict
JamesHambleton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 12
Flipped Off 15 Times in 12 Posts
JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!JamesHambleton is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

You'd best be free next Saturday 🙂
JamesHambleton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived JamesHambleton!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2019, 03:17 PM   #1174
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHambleton View Post
You'd best be free next Saturday 🙂

I am at the moment

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-17-2019, 03:49 PM   #1175
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

well what a difference a properly sorted coil connection make, not perfect, but will do me for now.

131bhp and 80 torques, she also runs nice on the road, should be good for some more with the cams timed (again) and some head work

before

and after

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2019, 04:13 AM   #1176
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

she is now so much fun to ride again, I am going to leave her as is for the summer, as i want to do some actual riding this year
but come the bad weather she will be getting head off, new valve guides (still leaking FFS) bit of Stu head magic, re time the cams ( i re fitted the bandit cam sprockets so had less to worry about with the engine trouble/set up)

and then back on the Dyno to get rid of the mid range dip, should be just a case of moving the MJN's up or down a clip.

onwards

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-25-2019, 04:51 AM   #1177
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

I have now done a few more hundred miles since the dyno session, have had to make some very small adjustments
to the pilot air screws to iron out a glitch at 2100k rpms, we had noticed it at the end of the runs, and knew i was going to need to play around to sort it.
i think she is now sorted for the summer,
as for the valve stem seals, since i said i was going to get new valve guides fitted she has stopped smoking at start up!!!! must have heard me talking.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2019, 04:22 PM   #1178
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

have now ordered and received a set of APE valve guides ready for changing out the stock ones,

also just ordered some Brembo T drive discs to go with the P4 32 - 36 brembos that i am going to fit.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2019, 02:05 PM   #1179
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:23 AM
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

rims look good. 12+ cbr1k right?
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived tldave!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-03-2019, 06:09 AM   #1180
370steve
old fart

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
rims look good. 12+ cbr1k right?
yep, thats the ones

Just took the easy way out of getting pads to fit (and the most expensive!!!!!!!) the P4 32-36 calipers, didnt want to go down the road of having to get a set of cheap thick pads

machined down to fit, i took the road that leads to fuckin outrageous*Brembo 8mm thick Z04 compound race pads see how they go, if not up to road riding then
i might just have to bite the bullet and get some street pads machined to fit.

SHIT HAPPENS!!!!!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes