SV1000Reptilia - Page 8 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > SV1000Reptilia

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-28-2019, 06:48 PM   #71
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:16 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: SV1000Reptilia

I believe that it shouldn’t be too much of a problem to run an external pump. I 'm not sure about the fuel regulator though.
Should I buy an external fuel regulator since the oem pump have, or just an external pump with the same specs could do the work with out problem?
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-30-2019, 01:30 AM   #72
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auser6guy View Post
. Say what you want about Germans they make some stout electrics 🙂
Sorry but this made me giggle. I think only thing thats not rebranded or made to order by them are the fridges, and i dont believe either that.

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2019, 04:13 AM   #73
bonehead
Fucking Retard
Fighter
Local Time: 03:16 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 3 Posts
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Fighter of the Month 
Thumbs up Re: SV1000Reptilia

Hey Leroy,

Good to see you back in action.

I am liking EVERYTHING about this build.

Keep up the good work.
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2019, 04:20 AM   #74
Auser6guy
Fighter In Training
Flip Offs: 0
Auser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of lightAuser6guy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auser6guy View Post
. Say what you want about Germans they make some stout electrics 🙂
Sorry but this made me giggle. I think only thing thats not rebranded or made to order by them are the fridges, and i dont believe either that.
I thought the 044s were made in Germany but i checked and it turns out they’re from Czech Republic. Good beer there too 😃
Auser6guy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #75
tldave
CF Addict
tldave's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 5
Flipped Off 71 Times in 42 Posts
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

The reality is external pumps don't last as long. It's an electric motor, and when its run in a cooler environment, it lasts longer. You might be able to find some that are built to such a high spec its a non issue, and it may be a non issue anyhow, but I am just saying, don't expect it to last as long as an in tank pump, especially if you jam it in some tight crevice in your bike, and then go cook your bike in summer traffic.
tldave is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2019, 07:00 PM   #76
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
Hey Leroy,

Good to see you back in action.

I am liking EVERYTHING about this build.

Keep up the good work.
Thank you bonehead!
I'm trying so hard to find some time and work on this build.
I hope that the next weekend should have an update with the tank
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-02-2019, 07:32 PM   #77
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldave View Post
The reality is external pumps don't last as long. It's an electric motor, and when its run in a cooler environment, it lasts longer. You might be able to find some that are built to such a high spec its a non issue, and it may be a non issue anyhow, but I am just saying, don't expect it to last as long as an in tank pump, especially if you jam it in some tight crevice in your bike, and then go cook your bike in summer traffic.
I remeber that the Bross 650 and Varadero with the external pump suffered.
There are some bikes with problems at the external pumps and I can understant why.
The weather here is not so cold and most of the year the temperature is above 20C degrees.
I was thinking to run an external pump to save some room for the fuel. The internal pump is almost 500ml of fuel.
But if I run an external I should shave the box at the back section

But again I could have at least 300ml more fuel with the external.
Of course 300ml it's not a big deal but if I can save 300-500 ml here and there, It will help me to reach my goal wich is at least 10 liters of fuel.
Everything is depend from the capacity of the tank. Internal or external pump. Aluminiun tank or OEM.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #78
tldave
CF Addict
tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!tldave is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

20c is not very hot. Why are you building this tank?
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-03-2019, 07:04 PM   #79
Leroy
GURU
CF Addict

It's 20C at least and lasts 6 months. To shave some weight is the primary reason.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2019, 10:48 AM   #80
tldave
CF Addict

Are you getting rid of the stock tank?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes