Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Boneheads V-Tec deconstructive criticism

9K views 103 replies 17 participants last post by  bonehead 
#1 ·
Constructive, destructive, what ever, ..advice more than welcome

#52 ·
Thanks for the tips. I like the double led look.

I have a vtec here, an 05. I bought it new it's my faired commuter and touring bike, love my VFRs.

Wires are wires, you can make em longer or shorter as needed, you'll want the correct crimps and crimping tool though in addition to a soldering iron.

Finishing/not finishing depends on the project, big projects take more time

#63 ·
#67 ·
This website used to have a search by dimensions function, where you could search by bolt spacing, diameter and stand-out: https://www.metalgear.com.au/search_by_disc_measurements.php

It says page not found for me though, I'm hoping that it's not been taken off their site, it was really handy for exactly what you are trying to work out.

#71 ·
Any members with ANY milling experience, please look away, as it will only bring shame and embarrassment to your profession, I apologize for what's about to unfold......
:D:D:D I gotta good laugh out of that.

I tried to rep ya for the brackets, but I'm empty. Awesome job on those, bud. I love seeing parts built like this. :rock:

#72 ·
Hi Shiney,

I am not one to piss in any ones pocket, but you have contributed a lot to my build,
the way you shot out of the gate with your build, I was in awe, I thought what the fuck,
this guys pulling out all these fancy tricks and building skills and is going to be finished
by Xmas, better pull my finger out and have go and do some things that I've never tried before, hence making those brackets amongst other bits and pieces.

Regardless of if or when or how you finish, I finish or Leroy or Titan or Robbo and everyone else in the build off or all the other people out there doing there thing, it doesn't matter, it's the participation and camaraderie that I appreciate and enjoy.

.....even though I would really like to see Smoker finish his bike/s and be around to enjoy them.

Ride on and hope your hand heals quickly. .:rock:

#73 ·
I appreciate that, Bonehead. Too bad I couldn't keep the pace up, but being on this site has given me all the motivation to be a better builder. From the start of your build to now, you can see a difference in how you are building now. You're doing great work my friend. It's gonna quite a while before I'll be able to get back to piddling. My little mishap is gonna end up costing me about $6-7k by the time it all washes out. I can pretty much feel all my fingers and think its all gonna be ok, so I wont complain too much :D I'm enjoying watching you guys build in the meantime.

#74 ·
Looked through your thread and must say I'm impressed. You did a fine job without having the "proper" equipment. Like they say "If there's a will, there's a way.

Later, Doug

Reactions: shinyribs
#79 ·
Thanks Sebspeed,

Honoured for the mention, would not of even contemplated making anything like them 6 months ago, appreciate the encouragement and support that this site is, do you think they'll work? like in a safe non breaking manner?

only one to find out.......

#87 ·
I'm really surprised that the end of the lever just snapped off like that. Typical with cast parts, not what I've seen before with billet parts.

#94 ·
I find that by angling my plate the other direction (text pointing somewhat down), and a mild tuck, it's plenty visible from the rear but the cameras for bridge toll almost never catch it. Don't know if that's a thing where you are.

Sucks that those indicators aren't far enough apart. What are the consequences if you make it legal to get past inspection and then get caught with them close together?

Reactions: bonehead
#95 ·
Like the idea of toll cameras failing to do there job, I play the annual exhaust pipe merry go round, the stalks will be temporary, bugger the consequences.

Headlights wired on all the time is standard here in Oz, I have another imported bike, been stopped by the police on that bike,
"notice your headlight and tail lights defective ",
"correct",
"that carry's a fine of $xxx",
"yes sir, but this bike is an import and has a switch"..........
.......mmmmm" I suggest for your own safety to always ride this bike with your lights switched ON, I'll let you go with a caution today"
"yeah sure" :fu:

I can see myself having a similar conversation with this bike, alas no import! :oops:

#96 ·
Ive got an integrated tailight in mine. Indicators are retina burning bright, but too close together to be legal. So, i also have a secondary set of strip LEDs that arent very bright, but are wide enough apart to be legal. Just self adhesive ones stuck to the bottom of my undertray. Legal enough that the HWP cop bikes dont pull me over for it. I have been followed in traffic before.

#97 ·
Right, I'm just saying I'd want the *brake* light to work even if you have lights generally turned off... unless you have a reason to go fully dark.

I agree being able to turn off headlight/tail light can be nice.

Reactions: bonehead
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.