81 XJ750 Avenger - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 81 XJ750 Avenger

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-19-2014, 05:38 AM   #1
Pariah
Stupid motherfucker
Pariah's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:57 PM
Flip Offs: 504
Flipped Off 402 Times in 164 Posts
Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default 81 XJ750 Avenger

Picked up an 81 XJ750 shaft driven beast earlier on tonight for way too bloody cheap. It's in pieces, needs some work, and isn't registered, but it cost me $240NZ so I figured I could always part it out and make money. Pics in the morning, if they showed up on my phone. Anyone got any good ideas about where I can take this thing for quite cheap?

It's not so bad as long as you can keep the fear from your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Looks good, but I would prefer titanium nipples.
Street Triple
Supercharged Street Triple
Pale Horse XJ750
Pariah is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Pariah!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 81 XJ750 Avenger

Lol. Yup, I've got two if those, both the Seca version. They are way cheaper than cb750s. My project isn't cheap fast or easy, but it hardly breaks the bank. See sig. On a less extreme end, just replacing the front end, upgrading the shocks, and pulling 30 lbs of extra plastic off the back end might get nice results. Word is not to mess with the air box or exhaust if running stock carbs. Carbs need to be very clean and in still air to work as they should.
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
Pariah
Stupid motherfucker
Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Pariah is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Haha I thought of you Seb when I picked the bike up. And you're on the first page when you search "XJ750 custom" on Google image search. Running gear will remain the same, but thanks for the advice on the airbox/exhaust. I'm all about that reliability. On that note though, what carbs are seen as the ideal for getting a few extra ponies out of that lump?

Quote:
Street Triple
Pale Horse XJ750

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-19-2014, 09:20 PM   #4
sebwiers
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdxǝ

CF Pimp
sebwiers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:57 AM
Flip Offs: 21
Flipped Off 36 Times in 19 Posts
sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sebwiers is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

I haven't heard of anybody replacing the carbs. My guess would be mikuni fs34's, but I haven't checked if the spacing matches- might require custom rails and links. If i could find a set for reasonable cost, I'd give it a shot for sure. Also tempted to remove the butterfly and custom machine my own round slide setup using the stock carbs as a base. Haven't looked into it, but I bet somebody has done it for some bike somewhere...
sebwiers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:57 AM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

In before the custom billet triples from "Yantosh"....

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2014, 01:21 AM   #6
Pariah
Stupid motherfucker

Don't bloody tempt me! Nah, it's gonna be a fairly cheap, steel and rattle can kind of bike. Just enough to have fun with. Although I am looking at doing a car wheel swap on the rear...

Quote:
Street Triple
Pale Horse XJ750
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-24-2014, 03:02 AM   #7
Pariah
Stupid motherfucker

I'm picking something like this will be my goal. Single seat, I'll keep it suspended in the rear, and probably a quick bolt in rear seat for the missus.

Don't worry, I'm not going full chopper! It'll be a street dragster with that sort of aesthetic. Definitely streetfighter, just more Brit straightliner than German arse end in the air.

Quote:
Street Triple
Pale Horse XJ750
This user High Fived Pariah!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-27-2014, 07:29 AM   #8
Pariah
Stupid motherfucker

Got the bike firing yesterday! Shitty old fuel, no priming or anything, just span the motor a few times with the leads off to make sure it had oil everywhere it needed it and then plugged the leads back in. Motor sounds solid, no leaks or rattles. I've painted up the primered sections of the frame with some cheap black, next step is to paint the tank, and wire in a speedo unit, then lights etc and it's off to get reVINned!

Quote:
Street Triple
Pale Horse XJ750
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-27-2014, 08:55 AM   #9
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:57 AM
Flip Offs: 165
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Where's the Pics!?
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #10
Pariah
Stupid motherfucker

Bloody ingrates! Nah, I've been meaning to upload a few, just been too lazy. Got to take a good look at the beast in the light, it's actually got a good stance

And there's some good in there, like the discs being practically brand new

But there's a little bit of bad, like the awesome Mitas Czech Republic tyres

And a whole lot of ugly. Bad wiring repairs, bad paintjobs, etc etc. My favourite part? Painting over the steering stem reflectors, rather than unbolting them. Nice.

So can anyone point me towards a workshop manual for this beast? I'd at least like a wiring diagram so I can wire in my new speedo.

Quote:
Street Triple
Pale Horse XJ750

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes