Cookie's Duc ReDux - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Cookie's Duc ReDux

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2015, 12:35 PM   #1
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:24 AM
Flip Offs: 165
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 
Default Cookie's Duc ReDux

So i'm mostly there with the VTR fighter so my attention has turned back to my much abused daily ride a Ducati 750ss ie. It looks a bit like this:

Or like this depending on whether i have crashed / got engine problems / wiring problems recently:

It's got some upgrades already like 996 forks, alu swingarm, carbon bits, power commander, if you want to read some of that in my old old thread, it's here: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=48421

So, it's time for it to get a re-fresh..... and a big part of that turned up just a minute ago:

As you can see a little scruffy but apparenty running 900cc engine, with dry clutch and an extra gear over my 750 unit. Cleaning that up and getting stuck headers off will take a little work but i think i can make it pretty again. Needs new clutch plates too obvs.

I'm calling this "down the rabbit hole" because i really don't know where this is going to go. With the VTR i had a plan fully formed from day 1. Here i'm just going to work with what i've got and feel it out. Parts bought on the cheap may be added as they come in. Don't know if i will be keeping the fairing or going cafe. The problem is high bars and naked = basically a Monster and far from special, and SS cafes are getting pretty ubiquitous these days....

Edit Jan 2016. Screw that noise. Will hopefully be following the route of "Because racebike"

/EndEdit

Some things that might / will be going on are tucked away in my garage / under the desk at work:

Tasty 5 spokers:

Panigale forks:

Brembo Radials:

I have a 900 ecu and a stash of other parts in the corner of the garage (actually bigger now)

No, i don't think those SSSAs will be going on, i like the Alu swinger too much, sorry!

So, hopefully should make a trick little bike by the end, let's see where it ends up!
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
Danbuc
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
CF Lover
Danbuc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:24 AM
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 15 Times in 13 Posts
Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Cookie's Duc ReDux - Down the Rabbit Hole

Flat tracker..... Just sayin'

Ride'em like ya stole'em
Danbuc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Danbuc!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
Wilson
GURU
Fighterer
Wilson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud ofWilson has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Cookie's Duc ReDux - Down the Rabbit Hole

Good work ...... stalking this build.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2015, 07:40 PM   #4
h0lger
Fighter In Training
Local Time: 10:24 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
h0lger is well likedh0lger is well likedh0lger is well likedh0lger is well likedh0lger is well likedh0lger is well liked

The 900 engine is in such a poor state and looks like you would need to put too many hours into it.. Is it worth it? Maybe you should just send it to me? I could trash it for you...

(I-need-a-900-so-bad!)
h0lger is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #5
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:24 AM
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 116 Times in 103 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Subbered. I have no insight, imagination or useful input when it comes to modern bikes or what would look good on them. Just along for the ride....
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2015, 08:32 PM   #6
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2015, 08:38 PM   #7
Underachiever
Isn't as dumb as he seems
Senior Fighterer
Underachiever's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Underachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant futureUnderachiever has a brilliant future

Those Panigale forks are sexxxxxxxxy.
And that's an impressive parts pile, too.
I'll be watching this one.

TOTAL noob... To riding and here.
-Curvy Ratty Fighter: Beat to hell 2001 SV650 Naked
-Crusty: 1986 Yamaha Radian "cafeish" project
-1966 Ford Galaxie coupe
-1995 Jeep Cherokee

Sold:
-1976 Formula 255 cabin cruiser with twin 351 Windsors
Underachiever is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Underachiever!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #8
DrJellyFingers
i cant fart
DrJellyFingers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 67 Times in 49 Posts
DrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympusDrJellyFingers sits atop olympus

hells yea. i knew it was gonna happen sooner or later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Well, I'm not gonna live forever.

At least I can still build and ride bikes.

And my dick is still as hard as ever!!

...Just saying.

Clicky

2015 Build-off "Fart Muffin"

"Fart Muffin" Confabulate
DrJellyFingers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-09-2015, 11:06 PM   #9
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:24 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

In like Flynn!

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-10-2015, 04:58 AM   #10
Cookie2000ad
Back from Oz!
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 165
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0lger View Post
The 900 engine is in such a poor state and looks like you would need to put too many hours into it.. Is it worth it? Maybe you should just send it to me? I could trash it for you...

(I-need-a-900-so-bad!)
At first i was like:

Then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
Subbered. I have no insight, imagination or useful input when it comes to modern bikes or what would look good on them. Just along for the ride....
It's a late 80s design tbh, and the SS has it's roots in the early 70's. It just changed it's clothes a few other bits in the last 30 years, it's still got an air cooled 2 valve noisy inefficient heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underachiever View Post
Those Panigale forks are sexxxxxxxxy.
And that's an impressive parts pile, too.
I'll be watching this one.
Thanks man, picked up for just 79 I'm still as skint as i've ever been but i've been sniping Duc parts for a couple of years now so i have lots of random bits. Engine was 250, which is about less than half price (of a fairly tidy one, which this ain't) over here. I'll be making do with what i have / can get / can make rather than big ticket items, same as usual.
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes