The Build With No Name (yet) - Page 6 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The Build With No Name (yet)

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-18-2016, 07:09 PM   #51
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:18 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Default Re: The Build With No Name (yet)

The guy with the white bike actually knows how to ride pretty well. Doesn't make up for the higher weight/lower power compared to mine, but still.

It really puts into perspective just how much bigger that rear tire is when compared to a standard example.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2016, 03:06 AM   #52
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

So first off, the build with no real name now has a name. The "Rat Rocket." Apparently this is what people around town have been calling it. Was at the bike gear store and overheard someone say to their friend, "Dude, the rat rocket I was telling you about is outside, you gotta check it out!"
Thought that was kinda neat.

Also, had an opportunity to get some nice pics taken. Jessica Lynn at Boosted Photography does good work. We're doing another shoot in the morning, hopefully with a background more suited to the bike than that graffiti wall. I won't have the full res shots for another couple weeks, but for now...

ALSO, remember this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
The next and likely last mod until November. I'm excited for this one

The circuitry was bad on the larger chip, and it didn't function whatsoever on the bench. So here's mystery chip V2:
(it's a prototype, so not much time was spent on making it look good... hence the wire... that won't be there in the final model.

Still waiting on Matti to guess what it is

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-06-2016, 04:40 AM   #53
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

New photo looks awesome. REP!
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-07-2016, 10:48 PM   #54
Mattson
Stressed Member
Mattson's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:18 AM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 33 Times in 21 Posts
Mattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on hereMattson spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Still waiting on Matti to guess what it is
Not a clue man. If it's not a boost or a lambda gauge then it has to be a buzzy dice

Seriously, both units seem to have an antenna so they can... detect each other? Keyless ignition? But if so why the leds?

Cool pix!

Benelli Tornado TRE Novecento 2006
EX: Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA 2002 Fighter
My homebrew blog thread thingy: Oddball Brewery
Mattson is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Mattson!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 09-18-2016, 11:38 PM   #55
mcantar

CF Pimp

Motorcycle day at the local strip. First time drag racing anything... it's actually pretty fun.
Ran mid 10's @ 140mph pretty consistently... the bike can do much better, but I suck. Lots of work to be done on my reaction time and my 60' time, i.e. I need to go harder out of the hole. I also need to just go to full throttle when I'm going down the track, rather than roll on at the rate I think I should be.

I realized this at one point and tried just simply going harder. Pulled the front end up to like 10 o'clock right off the line, set it down and promptly stalled out. Running again within a fraction of a second (seriously, my friends didn't even realized I stalled), took off, wheelied again, set it down, rolled on, and proceeded to wheelie 3 MORE FUCKING TIMES before I calmed down and took off. Then pulled the front end up a good bit going down the track, but that wasn't such a big deal.
As embarrassing as that was, the other guy was even more embarrassed when I passed him just before the end even after all that bullshit.
After that I decided to go back to the other side of the spectrum and just get a bit more aggressive on it with each pass.

^^^And that will never be spoken of again.

Orange Busa is my buddy (and tattoo artist) Van. His wife is the one that used to ride mine when it was a normal bike and dropped it, enabling this build in the first place.

The green ZX14R is my buddy Scott. I talk shit to him about how slow his bike is at every possible opportunity. He's dumped like $20k into that thing, it makes a hair over 200hp naturally aspirated and a bit under 250 on the bottle. He goes out to the strip regularly and is actually pretty fast... he is anyway, his bike's not ( Scotty).
This was our first time actually racing, i.e. my first opportunity to eat my words.

Here's a FB vid of me running against Scott. He had me on the launch, unsurprisingly, but I caught him on the top end. Not bad for going against a pro on my second run EVER.
https://www.facebook.com/spazwaz.66/...7349370161192/

And a YouTube vid of one of my later runs. I'm in the right lane this time.
I know I've been told like 10 times by now but I still can't remember how to embed.
http://youtu.be/50kUuNOoz0E

And some more pics that the strip's photographers were kind enough to take but I'm too cheap to pay for (seriously, $25 per download? It only cost me $35 to run the entire fucking day).
You can click on them for bigger versions, this is the only size it lets me embed.

Fastest pass of the day was a 7.8something by a turbo Busa prostreet bike.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2016, 10:50 PM   #56
mcantar

CF Pimp

Buildoff time again, stay tuned here:

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=126569

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2016, 07:26 PM   #57
Vikrant Singh
GURU
Fighterer
Vikrant Singh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Vikrant Singh is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

That is some quick stuff Mason!

Happiness is not around the corner
Happiness is the corner

Story -
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...18589448153665

Build -
http://www.customfighters.com/forums...=78354&page=39
Vikrant Singh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Vikrant Singh!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes