Sebspeed's 750 Slingshot - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Sebspeed's 750 Slingshot

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2015, 11:27 PM   #1
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:48 AM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Sebspeed's 750 Slingshot

I've always wanted to build a slingshot... now I get to build 2!!

This one is a 1990 750. When I got it, it had already had 07 gixxer front and rear ends grafted on. The front looks legit and the rear is not bad, but incomplete.

Once I get the chain line straight and the rear wheel centered, I'll move on to fitting an R6 tail and an MT03 headlight.

The motor is going to be mostly stock, I'm adding k&n pods and a sidewinder header. Can tbd.

Also adding some modern controls, lots of braided hoses with fancy fittings, Koso speedo, and a paint job.

While I'm taking breaks from all of that, I'll be scrubbing the frame and swingarm with Scotch Brite to give them a nice satin brushed finish.

This is how I got it:

Paper proof of start date:

Sprockets a bit off

More tomorrow...

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #2
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Sebspeed's 750 Slingshot discussion

Yakkitty yak

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2015, 12:01 AM   #3
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:48 AM
Flip Offs: 309
Flipped Off 170 Times in 147 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Sebspeed's 750 Slingshot discussion

Oooooo! This should be good

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2015, 06:02 AM   #4
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:48 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

is it done yet?
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2015, 07:43 AM   #5
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
is it done yet?
HAH!

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
This user High Fived SEBSPEED!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #6
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
Default Re: Sebspeed's 750 Slingshot

In order to straighten out the rear end, I started by getting the sprockets in line. To do that, I had to flush up the inside right frame rail.

Nicey nice

Chain is now straight

Time to find out where the wheel is

Nothing a 3/8" offset sprocket can't fix

Probably going to use this one

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #7
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

It will take some grinding of the inner left frame rail to clear the chain, but I'm not scared.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-02-2015, 06:35 PM   #8
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

PBI 3/8" offset 15t front sprocket ordered today, as well as a 45t steel Vortex rear.

Turned up an AL spacer to fit where the link for the 07 swingarm used to. Tuned the length of the adjustable links.

Next step is to cut the right side swingarm spacer, but need the rear sprocket first.

Then jack the ride height up to where it should be, then it can come off the lift and start fitting the subframe.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2015, 07:57 AM   #9
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

LOL probly pretty close fer sure

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived ROBBO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2015, 10:41 PM   #10
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW

Only got a little in on this today, was in the paint booth working on CB900 case covers.

Got back and turned up the right side swingarm spacer.

While I was hunched over the lathe I cleaned up a spare 22mm socket to prep for milling teeth later, will be the tool to tighten the swingarm nut.

Sprockets arrived, fitted front

Need to trim the inside of the left frame rail to fit the arm, then mark out the frame for trim to fit chain run top and bottom.

Rear sprocket will be flipped so the relieved side fits against the wheel, this brings the chain .140" closer to the wheel/tire.

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes