Yamaha XV920R Cafe Fighter - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Yamaha XV920R Cafe Fighter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2016, 05:12 PM   #1
JAGspeed

Fighter In Training
JAGspeed's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:55 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
JAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud of
Fighter of the Month 
Default Yamaha XV920R Cafe Fighter

I finally got around to this build that I have had sitting for the last couple of years. It took a backseat to my other projects for a while. 1981 XV920R. I am planning on building a frame for this bike as well as using modern suspension. I have collected some parts while it was sitting. I am using an 08 CBR600RR front end. A RC51 SP1 Swingarm and shock. RC51 SP2 wheels.
I mounted up the frame and engine in my frame jig and sized up the RC51 swinger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XV920R .jpg
Views:	269
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	80474   Click image for larger version

Name:	XV920R c.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	80482   Click image for larger version

Name:	XV920r 1a.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	80490   Click image for larger version

Name:	XV920r 1b.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	80498  
JAGspeed is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived JAGspeed!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2016, 05:15 PM   #2
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:55 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Yamaha XV920R Cafe Fighter

look forwards to seeing this evolve
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #3
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived F'dup!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-26-2016, 12:16 PM   #4
caferacerdan
GURU
CF Lover
caferacerdan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:55 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

that front end though! subbed!

If brute force and ignorance doesn't work...then it must be broken

2017 BUILDOFF

Bike Build: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=126625

Discussion Thread: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=126633
caferacerdan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-26-2016, 01:30 PM   #5
Androidthug

Fighter In Training
Androidthug's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:55 AM
Androidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of lightAndroidthug is a glorious beacon of light

Subbed

"Don't be in such a hurry to condemn a person because he doesn't do, or think as you think. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today"

Malcolm X
Androidthug is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #6
Danbuc
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
CF Lover
Danbuc's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 10
Flipped Off 15 Times in 13 Posts
Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Danbuc is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Everything about this is correct. DW

Ride'em like ya stole'em
Danbuc is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-21-2016, 10:46 PM   #7
JAGspeed

Fighter In Training
JAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud ofJAGspeed has much to be proud of
Fighter of the Month 

I wanted to find a way to give the new swingarm more support rather than just the original mounting point off the back of the engine since the RC51 swingarm is much beefier and I will be running a 190 tire on it. I devised some mounts out of wood for mock up that utilize the stock peg mounts and support the outside of the swingarm. I used the original frame mount and made a center piece to locate the swingarm closer to the countershaft sprocket and give it a better alignment for the pivot point. I also raised the engine for a better swingarm angle. The new mock up pieces will serve several functions (1) Swingarm support (2) top shock mount (3) sub-frame mount (4) foot peg mount, and (5) Counter shaft outer bearing support. It took some time to get it all sorted but it looks like it should work really well. I will have these pieces made out of aluminum on a CNC.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	XV920r 1c.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	81026   Click image for larger version

Name:	XV920r 1f.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	81034   Click image for larger version

Name:	XV920r 1d.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	81042   Click image for larger version

Name:	XV920r 1e.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	81050  
These people High Fived JAGspeed!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-22-2016, 12:28 AM   #8
mthure
Noobie
mthure's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:55 AM
mthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of lightmthure is a glorious beacon of light

Now you just need to find a way to fit two Raptor 700 top ends on those cases, oh and a water pump.
As far out as that sounds, you would be surprised to see how similar the engineering is on those motors. I'm sure the bolt spacing/pattern is off. But if someone could come up with some custom billet cylinders, then it would be a cakewalk.
mthure is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-22-2016, 02:18 AM   #9
Mongoose
GURU

CF Addict
Mongoose's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Flipped Off 8 Times in 8 Posts
Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Mongoose is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

nice.... got one of these as well... sitting.. waiting.
Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #10
JAGspeed

Fighter In Training
Fighter of the Month 

Finally getting back to this project. I finished making the rear mount that holds the swing arm and rear suspension. I was able to design my support parts in a CAD program and have my CNC guy cut them out for me. They fit great and will add a ton of strength and support to the rear of the bike. I was also able to utilize them as a place to mount my Foot pegs. Now I need to figure out my main frame.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	XV bracket.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	92370   Click image for larger version

Name:	XV L bracket.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	92378   Click image for larger version

Name:	XV L2 bracket.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	92386   Click image for larger version

Name:	XV r bracket.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	92394  

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes