Grymm's ER-somthing... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Grymm's ER-somthing...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #1
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:04 PM
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 13 Times in 10 Posts
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here
Default Grymm's ER-somthing...

So... I joined this place quite some time ago with grand plans of custom parts and carbon fiber but and cool paint but so far I've posted nothing. I have been reading and learning a lot though and while I haven't posted anything I have been doing some work and taking some pics.

This is what I started with. 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r (or ER6 outside the US).

Rode the sit out of it and then smacked it onto the pavement doing wheelies.... I'm dumb sometimes so these things happen from to time. Bent bars, rashed plastics, and a crushed stator cover and coil, total bummer.

Got into looking at ways to customize my wreck back to life and found CUSTOM FIGHTERS. New ideas flowing, odered some parts and stripped the fairings. Got to this, looks better already.
XxGRYMMxX is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived XxGRYMMxX!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2016, 02:21 PM   #2
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp
XxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on hereXxGRYMMxX spends too much time on here
Default Re: Grymm's ER-somthing...

Originally I wanted the catalyst 636 tail, but that seems to be the only tail swap this bike ive seen so I figured I'd try something different. After some thought I decided on ditching the entire subframe and going with a smaller wasp-ish race tail.

Bought myself a new saw.

Chopped some metal

And then waited for my little MIG and some other parts to show up.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2016, 02:27 PM   #3
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

Forgot to mention, but this is all past stuff I've done while I was silent (bits done over a year or so). I'll mark the current stuff when get there.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #4
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

After waiting for a while, I started collecting parts, tools and some materials and I stripped more and more away on the bike.

New stator cover
And stator
Barnett heavy clutch springs
Trailtech Vapor

Un-building...

More un-building...

Just a roller
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #5
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

I got this cool RS-125 tail from Jackstand Johnny before I dropped the motor and thought it looked like a winner, even with a subframe in the way.

Also got new handle bars (renthal street super low), radiall nissin MC, RSC clutch and some bar end mirrors.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2016, 03:28 PM   #6
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

The left hand master is for a second far caliper but that piece of shit went straight in the trash... $50 on eBay for a MC ain't a deal.... Anyone who has a left master for stunt brake set up for cheap hit me up.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #7
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

Then chopped the rest of the subbie off the frame and tried to mount the tail.

Tail is held on with a shitty mock up subbie clamped with vise grips. I like the lines though.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2016, 04:19 PM   #8
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:04 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

They race those at the tt, get decent power out of them
yantosh is online now   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2016, 04:47 PM   #9
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

But then I stalled out. Seems that offset shock, while striking, makes a huge pain in the ass to make a subframe around... So much trouble, I let it sit all simmer summer and played lazy. Then my parents retired to Florida and I was gifted by an entire garage worth of tools, building material, storage and chemicals. This completely filled my garage to capacity. No work area....

Now, nearly a year later if cleaned the garage out, set up new storage, new benches. And I'm back to the bike.

Got myself a nearly complete USD front end (97 750 SRAD) forks, triples, axle, wheel, rotors, calipers. Only missing a fender
Next to the stock 650r front end

It'll need yokes but I have a machinist in the fam so I'll work it out

Quick test fit to the bike

Next to the stockers

If only the stems were closer in size... Interestingly the 650 stem is both longer and wider in diameter than the 750 srad.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #10
XxGRYMMxX
Breaking shit...
CF Pimp

So, now that the front is a plan in action, I'm trying to figure out the subframe.. This offset shock is making it difficult.

I thought of a spine type of subframe in a couple forms...

Thought this one in some type of plate

Well shit, photo bucket is being an asshole so I guess I'll post more later...

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes