Piester's 08 fireblade build Project Switchblade - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Piester's 08 fireblade build Project Switchblade

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:00 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Piester's 08 fireblade build Project Switchblade

might as well start this. ended up with a mint 08 cbr 1000rr after selling my hayabusa. got a bit inebriated and put a stupid low max bid in on the blade. next morning after i realized i won i decided to check the bike out. looked pretty nice and i liked the colors so whatever. owner delivered it to me a few hours later and here we are.

first thing i did was cut the stock exhaust open and removed the cat and a crossover tube. gives it a nice sound and doesnt need to be remapped which is nice. seems this gen and newer needs some fancy S midpipe to keep back pressure. good enough for now

and out

and welded, shittily, this stuff liked to burn through

bottom of the new top triple

and top

and then all its clothes fell off

risers and fat bars

inside of the airbox. secondary injectors are inside pointing into the v stacks

pair delete. other shit getting deleted.

stock throttle and clutch cables fit. r1 throttle tube installed too. now i can hit full throttle with my shitty wrist!!!!

that brings us mostly up to date. did a bit of wiring on the front. still have a bit more to go.

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: Piester's 08 fireblade build

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.............................

YESSSSSSSSSSSS
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2016, 03:55 PM   #3
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

claw hammer getting in on the action
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2016, 03:58 PM   #4
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
claw hammer getting in on the action
Proper tools
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2016, 04:18 PM   #5
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

picture mess up. inside of airbox and the stock cables rerouted

if at least one motorcycle wasnt irreparably harmed in the creation of the bike, its not a streetfighter!

build threads
1998 GSXR 7/10 SRAD clicky
08 fireblade
clicky
who wants to be my friend? facebook
These people High Fived piester!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-15-2016, 07:09 PM   #6
caferacerdan
GURU
CF Lover
caferacerdan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!caferacerdan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

modern sportsbikes look sooo much better naked! come to think about it so does just about every bike!

If brute force and ignorance doesn't work...then it must be broken

2017 BUILDOFF

Bike Build: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=126625

Discussion Thread: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=126633
caferacerdan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived caferacerdan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2016, 01:21 PM   #7
piester
Bitches love Fighters

Fighter of the Month 

Got some more done. Mounted the gauge cluster. Replaced the brake resi. Put some braided lines on. Some levers. And had to take the the tail and subframe apart just to remove the pssenger pegs. So I made some brackets to quickly remove them without having to do that shit again. Oh put a mini air horn on too
Oh. I found a switchblade inside the bike while I was taking it apart. That has to be a good sign. That pics down there somewhere.

And then my phone died. I'll get more pics later probably.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2016, 05:50 PM   #8
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:00 AM
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #9
piester
Bitches love Fighters

Fighter of the Month 

Those pics I said I'd take. Right after I took them I pulled the old license plate light off. Probably should have rounded the edges off on them ha

This user High Fived piester!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-19-2016, 06:57 PM   #10
piester
Bitches love Fighters

Fighter of the Month 

Ok. I went out and rounded them

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes