Luci The Demon Bike - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Chopper Discussion

Chopper Discussion All discussions about choppers go in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Luci The Demon Bike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-07-2016, 11:20 PM   #1
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:55 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 9 Posts
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Luci The Demon Bike

Whelp got me another bike, I got a bright idea one night, "hey, I have this rifle just sitting in the closet that I dont want but am too lazy to go sell, how bout I see if someone will trade me a bike for it". I hopped on craigslist and found a few bikes that looked like a decent enough trade and sent them an email or a text and most shot me down or the bike was gone. I ended up getting down to 3 that said they might do it and then one said "come over tonight and lets make a trade" so I grabbed the rifle, threw it in the truck and came home with this.

Pic from the add^^ and the next day vvvv

Guy was asking 500 for it, and I got the rifle for like 100 bucks about 10 years ago so it was a steal for me. I ended up offloading that fat bastard off my truck by myself, mostly because I dont talk to anyone outside of work and partly cause I tend to do things myself like an idiot sometimes. It bottomed out on the ramp I was using so I had to give it a little bump up to get it over the lip and it ended up laying on its side after rolling down and I somehow ended up with a gigantic bruise on my arm. I didnt get pics of either because I just wanted to get it in the back yard. and after much huffing and puffing it now sits here vvvv

Come to find out the reason it was such a pain to move is because it was still in gear. I woulda known if I was the one that did it but the guy I got it from put it in gear after we loaded it

A quick inspection has shows that there are a few motor mount bolts missing, the shocks dont have nuts on them to hold them on, the front brake is locked up and probably needs to be rebuilt, and that ugly saints gold HAS to go (thats what I get for living in the heart of who dat nation).

Just a few more pics for referenceVVV

As of right now I just want to get it on the road so I can use it to commute and take small trips with the wife, but in the process I need to get another passenger peg, maybe even swap them to something else, I want a new tank (something more square and not tear drop shaped like an old kz550 or even a cb tank but idk how it would look on there and if they are the same length, i'll chop down the fenders to a more sleek look and the rear will be more bobberesk but not full on bobber since I will still have the back seat, swap out the bar for lower ones and maybe swap the risers out too so they dont have the taper.. and just for giggles I even thought about a fork swap to the 97 zx9r forks I have but that might be a little much work, a quick search showed I couldnt swap the bearings and use the same stem (if they were the same length) so we will see, I mostly thought about it since I have them and they are just sitting there.

oh and what the heck is this for? vvvv

Fallen angel build- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=78474

96 vulcan 1500- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...d.php?t=123177

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it
HickLife is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived HickLife!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-08-2016, 12:00 AM   #2
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 96 Vulcan 1500 de-fuglify

Looks like a gutted steering stem lock.

Nice score, dude. I really dig the colors on that bike.

Sub'd...
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-08-2016, 12:35 AM   #3
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict
HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!HickLife is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Who knows i might end up keeping the same colors just a different paint scheme, my high school colors were black and gold after all lol. It looks like someone did a bunch of bad painting over chrome and its now peeling off so i'll have to strip that off and start over on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fallen Angel Build Off Thread- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...73#post2755273

Fallen Angel Build Off Discussion- http://www.customfighters.com/forums...89#post2755289

Quote:
Only weak people test the engine. Real brave guys assemble the bike and then tries to start it

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-08-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Looks like a score to me
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-08-2016, 11:36 PM   #5
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:55 AM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Reckon that has buckets of potential
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-09-2016, 12:19 AM   #6
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict

Haha well he litterally gave me a bucket of bits lol so theres that lol. But like i said i want a more square tank on it, i'll get some measurement off of the current tank soon and see if anyone can help figuring out which ones would fit relatively easy. And i'll try to figure out what to do about a headlight, and gauges also if i swap the tank

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-09-2016, 10:21 PM   #7
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict

Whelp i went to checkin things out this afternoon, the bucket he gave me basically just has the headlight (which is bent and warped to crap), guages, a couple of new blinkers that i probably wont use, and a bunch of other things that dont even go to the bike.

The exaust was loose and just dangling there so i pulled it off and turns out that one of the bolts came out of the motor and that its also cross threaded, so any advice on how to fix that would be helpful. There were also no bolts for the rear fender, seat or even the tank so its all just sitting on there or i moved it to the shed. So not alot done but it gave me an idea of what i need to start with. I'm also charging the battery too so i can try and start it soon, the guy i got it from showed me a video of it running, and i turned it over myself so i know it will run

Quote:
This user High Fived HickLife!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2016, 12:07 PM   #8
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

That's a bummer about the exhaust thread. When I was heavy in to drag racing ( lots of taking things apart on a regular basis) we used to heli-coil every bolt hole in our aluminum heads. Intakes manifold and headers were constantly coming on and off. Heli-coils worked fine on the cold side of the head, but not so good on the exhaust side. I guess their springy nature didn't do well with the heat cycles. Occasionally I'd have one that's want to cling to a bolt and not turn loose, and end up galling the head when it's come out with the bolt. Loctite'ing them in to the head wasn't a good ideas as it tends to just ooze through the insert itself and would make a mess. It's not really any more work to install an actual insert. Time-sert, or whatever brand they sell around you. They're pricey for what they are, but that'll probably be your best bet. At least they install with a common tap vs heli-coils that use their own specific/random taps.

Sounds like your po was a really doozy. You might want to give that engine a good once-over before you try to start it. A little more time and effort now might save it's life later.

I really like the swoopy fenders and drilled heat shield. You mentioned a different tank...what are your welding abilities/options?
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2016, 03:29 PM   #9
HickLife
GURU

CF Addict

I've never heard of Time-sert, and they just look like a better quality from what i have seen from a quick google. I'm going to look into those. So should i lock tight it in place when i put it in or no? That and the stud actually. And if so which clolor red or blue? I always forget which one is the more permanent one.

I think the problems are a combination of the most recent owner and the one before him, the most recent guy got it so he could turn it into a project and might have seen what i am now and got stumped. I could tell he wasnt too into working on bikes though because he had another cruiser in there and said "i like the riding position of the vulcan better" and really the only difference was the handlebars being lower. And he had a 636 in there that had stickers everywhere and the expensive off the shelf stuff on it.

I'm ok at welding, but definitely not a pro. I also dont have a welder right now either so i may need to wait on a tank swap. But there are also quite a few welders around here, but how reliable they are idk because i havent used them or know anyone who has

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #10
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
Fighter of the Month 

Blue is the weaker and red is the stronger. Red releases when heated to 500*F, so it won't stay on your exhaust anyway. Blue releases without needing to be heated.

The time serts are solid metal inserts that you stake in to place after it's installed, so there's no need for thread locker IMO. Heli-coils rely on the spring tension of the insert itself to keep itself in place. Since they're just wound wire, that's why I mentioned the loctite oozing through.

Whatever you end up with I would definitely use anti-sieze when you go to mount the exhaust. Exhaust systems are so famous for producing seized fasteners that I don't think I'd encourage it any further

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Non-Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Chopper Discussion