endo's 1989 Suzuki GSX-R7/11 - Currently Un-named - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > endo's 1989 Suzuki GSX-R7/11 - Currently Un-named

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-02-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:32 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 
Default endo's 1989 Suzuki GSX-R7/11 - Currently Un-named

Alright, I caved in...
I was not going to enter this build because I didn't want to be under a time constraint with this build. I have a lot going on personally and professionally and knowing how stressful the next 6 months are going to be with the race team, work, a wedding to plan (and attend I suppose), I really didn't want to do this to myself...

But, common sense (!) prevailed---so here's what I have. I suck at photoshop so I can't even give you a visual idea of what I have planned, but here we go--

All I currently have ownership of for this build is pictured. I have -
1989 Suzuki GSX-R750 Frame
1989 Suzuki GSX-R750 Engine
03-04 Kawasaki Z1000 headlight fairing (from j.gaught)
2000 Suzuki GSX-R750 Forks and Triple Clamps
LSL Superbike Lowbars (from Smokey74)
Billet Risers (taken from my old crashed pitbike)
1990 Honda VFR750 Single Sided Swingarm (and peripherals)
- en route is a Buell XB front rim with perimeter disc setup (thx to Scrapyard)

Input would be appreciated as far as bellypans go. I have already selected a tail section but I have no idea where to get a nice bellypan and/or what style/look. Input appreciated!

Here's pics (thanks to my lovely fiancee for taking the pics, and for convincing me to do this...yes, she's the one who got me to enter)

AND to prove that it is currently a 748cc mill ----

Consider me entered--->now let's hope I finish!

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-03-2008, 01:35 AM   #2
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 
Default Re: endo's 1989 Suzuki GSX-R7/11 - Currently Un-named

Jan. 2

Alright, so head out to the garage tonight to see what I can accomplish with no running gear, engine, etc....

Well, let's see how bad this swingarm is going to be. Offer it up, as is, with all the stock spacers/bushings, etc. No go, too wide. Remove the spacer/bushing bits and...well, well, well---I'll be damned if it didn't just slot right in there. Sweet, first issue down, verified that the swingarm is narrow enough to fit between the frame rails in the first place! Now, how far out is the chain alignment--grab an old chain from the shelf...you tell me...

So, while it's not a bolt in setup, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Very little milling will need to be done, and this will be for proper spacing with bushings and the like. And FYI, a 1990 VFR750 and 1989 GSXR750 have the same swingarm pivot size . Found that out by accident. The hard part of this setup (as has been stated before) will be an upper shock mount as the VFR shock is off centered. This still shouldn't be too too bad, I think I've figured out a way to make a removable mount (like the stock one) that's simply offset. We'll see how it works out.

Oh, and Scraps, you aren't alone...I too found a snapped off bolt in the shock mount

A few more pics of the mock(ery) up.

Okay, enough of that, the measurements hurt my head---time to wreck something...

Hey, what's this box?

Oh, it's my Christmas present from my little brother and his lovely lady!

CIAO!

tada, I'm done for the night.

Project Redefyned 7/11

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2008, 02:02 AM   #3
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma

Shock mount was already off when I bought it. I just noticed that the bastard was snapped off the other day. I have an engine to put together tomorrow for something else (to get it outta my way), and then I may have a go at it....we'll see...

Project Redefyned 7/11

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #4
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma

Didn't accomplish anything in the last few days what with working the motorcycle show and all...except for some PIMP ideas...

I don't know if I should share this, but I did a really bad photoshop for some i-dee-ers...and no, there's no turbo in the plan It's just a good profile shot.

Project Redefyned 7/11

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma

Got some motivation tonight...I don't know how much I wanna spill, but I just picked up my donor bike, avec engine. It was once a 1052cc. I'll leave it at that for now.

Project Redefyned 7/11

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-12-2008, 11:56 PM   #6
ab420
Abministrator
ab420's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:32 AM
Flip Offs: 38
Flipped Off 182 Times in 79 Posts
ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!ab420 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default endo's 1989 Suzuki GSX-R7/11 - Currently Un-named Discussion Thread

Buildoff Entry Thread:
endo's 1989 Suzuki GSX-R7/11 - Currently Un-named

All discussion about endo's 1989 Suzuki GSX-R7/11 - Currently Un-named entry should go in here.
ab420 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2008, 01:10 PM   #7
Hybrid1300R
Hooligan Streetfighter

CF Addict
Hybrid1300R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 46 Times in 41 Posts
Hybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to allHybrid1300R is a name known to all
Default Re: endo's 1989 Suzuki GSX-R7/11 - Currently Un-named Discussion Thread

what kind of rear wheel is that you have photochopped in there?

1978 Triumph Tiger 750 Cafe/Fighter Build

1965 Triumph Bonneville 650 (Stock)

1978 Truimph Tiger 750 (Currently under Construction)

1979 Triumph Bonneville 750 Special "Ole Blue"

Oh, and just to let you know FUCK OFF is in that direction--------->
Hybrid1300R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #8
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma

Either an Enkei EVO-6 or TSW Catalunya...I'm getting an EVO-6 I think (it's a toss up), but couldn't find a good pic for pshop

Project Redefyned 7/11

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-21-2008, 12:46 AM   #9
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma

Alright, since I have no actual structural updates, I'll share info---OHLINS!

Still waiting on some parts so that I can get my front end together, stupid postal service!

Did some measuring on this VFR arm and it appears that no machining will need to be done to the arm, only bushing/spacers made up. There's about 3mm on either side of the swingarm to fill and everything should line up.

My original plans to use the VFR suspension were changed, because I have a 94-97 arm, and the shock/linkages I have are from a 90-94---completely different. And because of that I figured, if I have to do a shitload of work to make a stock VFR shock fit, why not find something cool? Well, I have 2 ZX11's in my garage that belong to a friend, and he's parting them out. One has an Ohlins shock with remote reservoir and adjuster and we made a deal that has me parting the bikes for him and me keeping a few items, the shock being the key. So basically, through some fluky coincidence, I'm getting an Ohlins shock for free

I was going to visit the bike wreckers yesterday but it snowed 4 inches and it was -20C so I didn't...wussed out

Lastly, I've decided 100% which tail I'm using. I love the tail I photoshopped (from Tyga Bodywork), but it's more than I'd like to spend. I'm now going with a Ducati 749/999 monoposto tail section.

Can't think of anything else productive to add at the moment, this is killing me!

Project Redefyned 7/11

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-21-2008, 12:55 AM   #10
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:32 AM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Ya lucky fuck. Free Ohlins. :hum:

Nice bud. I'm with ya though. It's becoming a slow start on my end too. So have you started striping the donor bike yet? curious to see what you fot up your sleeve next, lol.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes