919 Hornet - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 919 Hornet

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2017, 03:10 PM   #1
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:52 PM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Default 919 Hornet

We all know I don't need another project, but my buddy woke me up with a text today...

So. I guess I have another project

I mean c'mon, how could you turn that down?

I don't remember what year it is or if it has a title or not.
If I recall correctly, the story goes something like this: He used to ride it regularly, then it got stolen and he ended up getting it back sans ignition and some other odds and ends. Between theft and recovery he picked up another ride, and when he got the 919 back he put it on the workbench to do... something... with it that never ended up happening. He has almost all the parts to make it go, but hasn't done anything with it in X years and is tired of staring at it.

If there's no title I'll turn it into a track bike or something. If there is it'll go the route of stubby exhaust, Monster-ish tail, drag bars, forks/trips, etc. But not until the Busa is done... and the B12 is finished... and the 929 is up and going... and the R1 is at least mostly there.

I'll get pics up when I get it in hand.

I just need to make sure I'm not present when the wife discovers it in the garage.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:52 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: 919 Hornet

hornets are cool bikes , i'd have another

yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #3
mcantar

CF Pimp
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus

Never played with one Yan. Come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever actually seen one in the wild.

Bike and a bin o' bits.

Bit more of a uh... blank canvas... than I remembered, but that's fine.
Forgot to ask about the title.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #4
yantosh

yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:52 PM
Flip Offs: 13
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

could be thrown together as a ratty runaround till it's time comes
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2017, 06:33 PM   #5
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 08:52 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Looks in good shape as far as corrosion goes. Get it running and go from there? Best drop your buddy a text about the title first before putting any money in it though. No title and it's a breaker.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #6
mcantar

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
could be thrown together as a ratty runaround till it's time comes
Eh... as much as I'd like to just for the sake of having something to hoon around on, the time is probably better spent on the others.
Both the B12 and the Busa are so close to completion, it makes more sense to put the DW into them first. Especially the Bandit.

I'm in Colorado, Morti... corrosion isn't a thing here
Texted buddy, he has the title and will dig it up when he gets around to it. Not really in a huge rush there.
I wouldn't consider it a dealbreaker if it didn't have a title though... $200 and some patience with the DMV would get me a new one, which I would consider perfectly reasonable to put into a bike that was virtually free. Moot point though.

Now... need to look into what forks will be easy to swap in.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2017, 12:57 AM   #7
mcantar

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
But not until the Busa is done... and the B12 is finished... and the 929 is up and going... and the R1 is at least mostly there.
^^^So that's not quite going according to plan.
Have bids out on a CB1000R SSSA, comparing bearing sizes with some GSXR front ends, looking at wheel widths, etc.
Debating whether to rat-rod it or not. The frame lends itself rather well to the dual-oxygen-tanks-as-fuel-tank idea I've had in the back of my head for a bit, but then again I'm not sure I'm in the mood for that kind of style on this one. The engine seems too clean for such a thing. On the other hand, the Busa no longer falls into that category and I oughta do something to fill that void.

Turbo Busa v1.1
Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2017, 03:22 AM   #8
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:52 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I have seen a couple of bike with that idea and i was going to do it on my raptor build a few years back. I vote do it!!!

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2019 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2017, 04:26 AM   #9
a_morti
GURU

CF Addict
Local Time: 08:52 PM
Flip Offs: 24
Flipped Off 24 Times in 14 Posts
a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!a_morti is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
Eh... as much as I'd like to just for the sake of having something to hoon around on, the time is probably better spent on the others.
Both the B12 and the Busa are so close to completion, it makes more sense to put the DW into them first. Especially the Bandit.

I'm in Colorado, Morti... corrosion isn't a thing here
Texted buddy, he has the title and will dig it up when he gets around to it. Not really in a huge rush there.
I wouldn't consider it a dealbreaker if it didn't have a title though... $200 and some patience with the DMV would get me a new one, which I would consider perfectly reasonable to put into a bike that was virtually free. Moot point though.

Now... need to look into what forks will be easy to swap in.
I just looked on the map... I don't think you could be any further from the ocean than you are?!

Lucky you in that sense. I live a ten minute walk from the beach. I like the sea air, the dog loves chasing sticks on the beach... my bikes and car all hate the sea air.

I once took on an XJ600S in boxes... it was free. I spent lots of time and a little money getting it back together only to find it a) wouldn't run and b) the title as lost. I stood back and looked at it, still a shabby XJ600S that I had no use for, and ended up giving it away again as I just CBA. Since then I swore never to take on another bike I couldn't hear running and hold the title, not even for free. I guess guys like me mean guys like you get a free bike now and then.

Aaron, living in Gibraltar and riding a 2014 MSX125 (Grom) with a bunch of shiny shite on it. Slow n loud!
a_morti is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived a_morti!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-13-2017, 08:07 AM   #10
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:52 PM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 56 Times in 46 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

I think you're too busy, you should just send it to me. It's already in boxes, couldn't be easier...

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SEBSPEED!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes