Like I needed another project - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Like I needed another project

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
DimestaK
GURU

CF Lover
DimestaK's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:56 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 2 Times in 2 Posts
DimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud of
Default Like I needed another project

Not sure if there is any interest in these ole bikes around here or not. But I figured I'd start a thread and see. I have no real plan or any direction really so who knows where this will head. Im in no rush as other projects come first so this could take a while.

Couple months ago my sister told me my little brother was selling his bike. I'd been following his build on IG and kinda liked the direction he was headed. He just lost interest and was onto something else I was told. Well after talking with him some over the next few months, we agreed on a price, and a road trip was in order. Got up there and the bike was a good bit different than I had expected, but still we made a deal. So I strapped her to the back of the Crown Vic and headed home. Yeah, its a Harley and yes its bloody heavy. Always liked them but never had a hard desire to buy one, until now.

Now I got the bike home and started piecing the pieces back together. Original plan was to finish putting her back together and ride it like my brother built it. But that has changed. I did manage to get it almost together

Eventually the OCD won and now I'm staring at bits and pieces. Luckily these bikes lend to all sorts of modifications so something cool may come outa this one day

DimestaK is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DimestaK!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2017, 01:18 PM   #2
SEBSPEED
V4's FTW
SEBSPEED's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 57 Times in 47 Posts
SEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on hereSEBSPEED spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Like I needed another project

Man, sounds like you put a beginning and an end all in one post... say it ain't so...

Find me on Facebook at Sebspeed Customs

Float like a Goldwing, sting like a gixxer

2015 FOTY VFR750

2016 threads
Turbo 7/11

750 Slingshot
Discussion thread

2017 thread
VFR800 Build
SEBSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #3
DimestaK
GURU

CF Lover
DimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud ofDimestaK has much to be proud of

Haha, nope. Just getting started actually. I've been spending the day removing paint and powder. Figured I'd start from the beginings

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2017, 10:28 PM   #4
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

Pushrods!

Sub'd.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-29-2017, 10:31 PM   #5
jmartin1110
The Hell You Say!!

CF Pimp
jmartin1110's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:56 AM
Flip Offs: 53
Flipped Off 12 Times in 9 Posts
jmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on herejmartin1110 spends too much time on here

You dont want it. You should just give it to me to get it out of your way.

1981 Honda SS Build
KZ1000 Discussion Thread
KZ1000 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJellyFingers View Post
u gonna look so sexy naked.... I would say no homo, but totally homo since that that sentence can't not be homo
jmartin1110 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived jmartin1110!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-30-2017, 07:11 AM   #6
F'dup
Hack in a barn

CF Pimp
F'dup's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 35
Flipped Off 9 Times in 9 Posts
F'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on hereF'dup spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Month 

That ain't no harley, that's a sportster....

Did you buy that so your old lady got something to ride....

Do you know what year that motor is? Know of anything done to it? The collapsible push rod tubes would indicate adjustable push rods, not sure if any year evo sporty had those...

2017 build off sv650 build thread <---Click here

SV650 b.s.'n and post build off progress on the bike thread thread <---Click here

DR650 supermoto build <--click

2000 R6 build <--click

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Raz View Post
A bit of vaseline should lube your bush up real nice though. Just make sure that your shaft is a good fit.
F'dup is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived F'dup!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-30-2017, 08:49 AM   #7
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

2003 and earlier you can put the heads on first and then drop the rods in place. 04' and later you can't do this with. Usually the easiest visual indicator for sporty id is if it has split tappets which would be 1990 or earlier
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-30-2017, 11:00 AM   #8
DimestaK
GURU

CF Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by F'dup View Post
That ain't no harley, that's a sportster....

Did you buy that so your old lady got something to ride....

Nope, she's all mine

What I'm told is-
88 883 originally
1200 jugs
Wiseco pistons
86 cyl heads ( supposed higher compression )
Barnett clutch
And something about a jap stator I think ( memory not what it used to be)

That's about all I know.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #9
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimestaK View Post
Nope, she's all mine

What I'm told is-
88 883 originally
1200 jugs
Wiseco pistons
86 cyl heads ( supposed higher compression )
Barnett clutch
And something about a jap stator I think ( memory not what it used to be)

That's about all I know.

Sounds like a good setup. Just missing some big nasty Andrews cams and you'll be all set. Maybe a 1250 kit?
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-31-2017, 08:42 AM   #10
venturesomerite
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)

CF Addict
venturesomerite's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

points for hardtail, bonus points if you don't add seat springs. That is my next build (true hard tail) ya know after my other 19 are done.

~~~Brian

*** Sorry, had all my pics hosted on photobucket and they turned out to be a greedy cunt. Working on getting them all hosted elsewhere, and slowly fixing 5 billion pictures.

Uglier Better - 1996 Suzuki Katana 600 that wants to be a Gixxer

Coffee Pot - 1983 Yamaha Virago 920 - A cafe build on the super duper cheap.
venturesomerite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived venturesomerite!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes