VFR800, my accidental first build... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > VFR800, my accidental first build...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2017, 03:00 AM   #1
Ioseb
Figuring it out as I go
Fighter
Ioseb's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:00 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Ioseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to all
Default VFR800, my accidental first build...

Hey all, I've been working on this bike since January, finally felt like sharing it. I never planned on turning her into a streetfighter but one interstate move and a severe lack of space here I am

Here she is at the start

A fresh coat of paint and some R1 forks later

But I decided I wasn't done, needed to do something about that fat ass

Enter an 05 CBR1000rr tail

Had the frame and swingarm hydroblasted for that bare aluminium look, absolutely stoked with the results

Also had the new lower mounts welded on, same guy and again beautiful work

New tail end back on the bike, around this time also switched to some CBR1000rr forks.

Tank, tail fairing and seats back on

Then it was time to move

Once up found one of these at the local wreckers

Then I got a little bit distracted by this beauty

But got a few other bits and pieces today and here is the bike as she currently sits:

Still need to make radiator mounts and relocate the oil cooler but I'm pretty happy with how she's coming along so far.
Ioseb is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2017, 04:51 AM   #2
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:00 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: VFR800, my accidental first build...

got a few V4 fans on here,
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2017, 05:08 AM   #3
Ioseb
Figuring it out as I go
Fighter
Ioseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
Sure do, I'm sure my build will be overshadowed by Seb's magnificent creation but hey, I'm still proud
These people High Fived Ioseb!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2017, 05:43 AM   #4
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:00 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
and what's not to like about v4's?

got some more pics of bike? like side shots?

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2017, 05:49 AM   #5
Ioseb
Figuring it out as I go
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_saugerty View Post
got some more pics of bike? like side shots?
Not yet, haven't bothered taking nice pics yet since she isn't painted. Also the lighting in my carpark is fuckin terrible :P
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2017, 07:12 AM   #6
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:00 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioseb View Post
Sure do, I'm sure my build will be overshadowed by Seb's magnificent creation
he has a habit of doing that
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2017, 07:58 AM   #7
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:00 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Looking damn good!!! Big fan
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2017, 07:22 PM   #8
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:00 AM
Flip Offs: 46
Flipped Off 22 Times in 21 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

A newbie who does some fuckin work, appreciates other people's builds, and comes back to respond to people's comments!?

This is a nice change.

Ioseb, that hydroblasting turned out fuckin beautiful!

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-04-2017, 09:43 PM   #9
Ioseb
Figuring it out as I go
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
A newbie who does some fuckin work, appreciates other people's builds, and comes back to respond to people's comments!?

This is a nice change.

Ioseb, that hydroblasting turned out fuckin beautiful!
Thanks man! I was blown away by the results and the guy who did it was absolutely fantastic, seriously passionate and professional guy.

Hopefully I'll get the wiring loom back in over the next few days then onto sorting out the oil cooler, rad mounts and new dash.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-05-2017, 02:15 AM   #10
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:00 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

I just deleted it. Made a shorter oil line that i connected to oil cooler radiators. I think i posted it somewhere

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived rex_saugerty!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes