Fazer Fighter - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Fazer Fighter

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-28-2017, 10:56 PM   #1
Tactilenek
Another damn Mike
Fighter In Training
Tactilenek's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:25 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to behold
Default Fazer Fighter

Alrighty, this is the last two years of pics and tinkering, so bear with me please. Iíll try and get all the stuff Iíve done already up before my new parts arrive, and I do more.

December 2015 I purchased this FZ1 that had been tastefully modded, although after digging into it (and because of my own ignorance) I found it had been dropped and repaired at some point. The dealer said it was a full exhaust (bullshit) but again because of my ignorance I didnít catch it. Live ní learn I guess...

Not that itís had a lick of trouble since I picked her up, just irritated with myself I didnít catch the issues, and save myself some money, although I did talk them down a few hundred.

Stuff she already had done:
Yoshi slip-on
ASV shorty levers
PC3 with he who shall not be named map :P
Fuel cut eliminator
Michelin PP2CT
Aftermarket Windscreen (didnít care what, since I knew I was going to strip it)
Sergeant Seat
Airbox mod

Then I started tearing it apart every few weeks.
Tactilenek is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Tactilenek!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-28-2017, 11:21 PM   #2
Tactilenek
Another damn Mike
Fighter In Training
Tactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to beholdTactilenek is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fazer Fighter

First up:
Les get this bitch nekkid!

Guess I should probably be able to see at night

Headlight bracket fabrication

I ordered clamps and triangle brackets originally, but the clamps where the wrong diameter, so I fabricated these.

These worked for over a year, then one of them broke because I overtightened the hardware.
These people High Fived Tactilenek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-28-2017, 11:44 PM   #3
Tactilenek
Another damn Mike
Fighter In Training

I mounted the gauges directly to the risers.

I liked it, but was a goose neck looking mufucker

But, I was broke, so I did a free (possibly sacrilegious) thing next.

In hindsight I would have left another inch or two on it, but it sounds mean as hell.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tCotRC4-jaM

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2017, 12:15 AM   #4
Tactilenek
Another damn Mike
Fighter In Training

Part dos:

Old hand control setup

New setup eliminates right hand switches

Slider 3 position switch is setup as follows.
Off is Kill switch (First position)
P is Power
H is headlights
ďKillĒ is the start switch (Itís dumb but I like that ďKillĒ on my ďFazerĒ starts it. ďSet Fazers to killĒ. Iím a bit of a Trekkie). Helps that someone trying to mess with it would possibly be confused by the setup, but works as it should.

Right hand is go ní stop only!

Gauge mount

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2017, 12:19 AM   #5
Tactilenek
Another damn Mike
Fighter In Training

Iíll put the rest up tomorrow. Let me know if you have any questions, I forgot to take pics of some of it.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2017, 12:24 AM   #6
mcantar
Fuck it, let's do it live

CF Pimp
mcantar's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:25 AM
Flip Offs: 45
Flipped Off 21 Times in 20 Posts
mcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympusmcantar sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month 

You took a hacksaw to a carbon Yosh can?

Yeah, you'll fit in here

Sweet FZ dude, I have a soft spot for those. Looking forward to seeing where you take it next.

Hypermotard 1100S the weight-shavening.
Bandit 1200 cafe/fighter that will never get finished at this rate.
Turbo Busa v2 2017 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa V1.2 2016 Buildoff.
Turbo Busa v1.1
919 Hornet build'n'flip, lotsa electrical diagnostic info in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
Everything should be turbo'd, and what the fuck is a budget?
mcantar is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived mcantar!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2017, 12:26 AM   #7
shinyribs
Is my bike ok?
shinyribs's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 58
Flipped Off 117 Times in 104 Posts
shinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too muchshinyribs plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month 

"Set Fazers to Kill" Nice one! Good call losing those blue grips.
shinyribs is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived shinyribs!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2017, 11:22 AM   #8
Tactilenek
Another damn Mike
Fighter In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantar View Post
You took a hacksaw to a carbon Yosh can?

Yeah, you'll fit in here

Sweet FZ dude, I have a soft spot for those. Looking forward to seeing where you take it next.
I got so much shit on a couple img hosting sites, for that, lol, donít regret it one bit though. Bitches will bitch I guess... Thatís why my shit is always private now.

I have done a lot since then, and itís nowhere near ďdoneĒ, if it ever will be.
This user High Fived Tactilenek!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2017, 11:23 AM   #9
Tactilenek
Another damn Mike
Fighter In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyribs View Post
"Set Fazers to Kill" Nice one! Good call losing those blue grips.
Thanks! Yeah, they were grippy, but an eyesore and a half with no other color on the bike.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-29-2017, 11:43 AM   #10
Tactilenek
Another damn Mike
Fighter In Training

I felt that the headlight was a bit small, and the light output was pathetic. Then I was adjusting something or other, had the headlight lens off, dropped and shattered it, so...

I have to remove the back of the enclosure for 2 reasons on this bike.
#1 The ignition switch/lock is in the way, and I donít want to hang the light out over the front tire with a big gap up top.
#2 Not enough of a hole for wire run.

I removed most of the connectors, as even though this was a larger enclosure, the LED lens took up more room with heat sinks and CANBUS. Barely has enough room for the relays now.

This was in the middle of soldering/heatshrinking.

I can unplug the headlight harness, but everything else is hardwired

I like a phat ass on a woman, but tail section on a bike is back fat to me, the ass is the tire. More on that later, but this had to go.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes