I0seb's VFR800 Mark 2 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > I0seb's VFR800 Mark 2

View Poll Results: Which seat?
Ducati Monster 12 63.16%
Buell XB12s 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-17-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
Ioseb
Figuring it out as I go
Fighter
Ioseb's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:49 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Ioseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to all
Default I0seb's VFR800 Mark 2

Here we go again

SO what's going to be different this time around? First off I want to use consistent bolts across the whole bike as I'm completely sick of switching between hex and allen head.

Secondly, I'm gonna go with keyless ignition purely because the lock mount on my top triple is buggered and I don't want to buy a new one.

Finally I'm gonna try to keep track of $$$ spent, mostly out of interest and to try to keep costs down.

So here's the bike as she sits

To get the ball rolling I whipped up some quick and dirty headlight mounts using some spare aluminium and what was left of the headlight bucket for sizing.

And after some angle grinding and hand filing

Finally got round to cutting off the fairing stay tabs which let me mount the headlight nice and tight to the frame.

Just need to clean up the finish of the brackets with some sand paper but can't get over to the hardware store till my new helmet arrives #BikeOnlyLife

Gonna be making a running gif of the build so at the end I'll have a nice time lapse of all the parts going on.

Finally thanks for all the support fellas, it's a seriously great community here
Ioseb is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-17-2018, 10:24 PM   #2
MikeGyver
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
MikeGyver's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:49 PM
Flip Offs: 312
Flipped Off 173 Times in 149 Posts
MikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too muchMikeGyver plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: I0seb's VFR800 Mark 2

Activate awesome-er mode!

'98 Ducati 916
'00 Ducati 996
'03 SV650(sold)

Skully Stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbuc View Post
yell, "Built not bought mother fucker!" in there face and then spit on their bike and walk off.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-17-2018, 10:37 PM   #3
TURNIP
GURU
CF Lover
TURNIP's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:49 AM
TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!TURNIP is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I was gonna rig an overhead camera to do something like this with my Honda but I failed to remember not to forget. Glad to see you bouncing back on this so quick!

This space intentionally left blank.
TURNIP is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived TURNIP!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-17-2018, 10:53 PM   #4
Ioseb
Figuring it out as I go
Fighter
Ioseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to allIoseb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNIP View Post
I was gonna rig an overhead camera to do something like this with my Honda but I failed to remember not to forget. Glad to see you bouncing back on this so quick!
Being stuck at home for a few days with nothing to do has defs boosted my productivity. Gonna be butchering the triple clamp next then getting the powdercoat blasted off for a nice bare alu finish.

I've also been having a think about new seats, I really like the look of the one off the Buell XB12, although the duc monster is also nice. What do you guys think? What's you're fav seat/tail?
This user High Fived Ioseb!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2018, 02:34 AM   #5
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:49 AM
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

monster seat is a great choice for just about every situation,
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived yantosh!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2018, 05:37 AM   #6
Cookie2000ad
Persuasion Engineered
Cookie2000ad's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 166
Flipped Off 59 Times in 27 Posts
Cookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CKCookie2000ad must be ROBBO or CK
Default Medal Burnout Contest Winner Fighter of the Month 

Subbed for the do-over!
Cookie2000ad is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Cookie2000ad!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2018, 06:49 AM   #7
Ioseb
Figuring it out as I go
Fighter

Chopped the ignition bracket and went to whack the triple back on the bike at which point I noticed it was massively skewed, one side was easily 5-10mm out of alignment with the other.

But about half an hour with a hammer and mallet later:

Went on alright

My current plan is to mount the dash right between the upper triple and the headlight and mount an anti-vandal switch in one of the bar riser holes to control the keyless ignition circuit.

Also my clutch MC is completely rooted so I'll need to source one of those. Anyone got a spare?

This user High Fived Ioseb!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-18-2018, 07:21 AM   #8
rex_saugerty
V four honda whore
rex_saugerty's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:49 AM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 40 Times in 39 Posts
rex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympusrex_saugerty sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

if it's broken, you built it up to be stronger and cooler.

1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0-1-0-1-1-0-1-0-0
rex_saugerty is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2018, 05:09 AM   #9
Ioseb
Figuring it out as I go
Fighter

Tank has arrived

Cost me $50 + $40 for shipping and $30 for a locksmith to cut a key for the new cap. It's got a couple minor dings but is in great condition overall and came with a fuel pump which is a nice bonus. Most tanks in Aus are listed for ~ $350 without a pump.

I've ordered a new headlight and all the parts for the keyless ignition, hopefully they will arrive in the next week or so.

Here's the new progress gif:

And the running cost total:
  1. Tank - $120
Total: $120
These people High Fived Ioseb!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 05-25-2018, 07:28 AM   #10
yantosh
yantosh's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 14
Flipped Off 18 Times in 16 Posts
yantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on hereyantosh spends too much time on here
Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Winter Buildoff Winner Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Year Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 

what have you done to those middle two pics? really cool shots
yantosh is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes