Titans XSR900 project my wife is going to kill me - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Titans XSR900 project my wife is going to kill me

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:14 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 14 Times in 2 Posts
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Titans XSR900 project my wife is going to kill me

Probably not best entering a year old bike in the build off but it on the bench, and my wife is probably going to kill me but there you go.

Plan is to motard but in a way that it can be put back to stock at a moment's notice. it few engine mods here and there nothing major, no engine removal stuff just playing around with tank covers, lights, bars and a few other choice bits.

ride it like you stole it

Customization not Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
2020 build off - build - chat
titan is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #2
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!titan is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Titans XSR900 project my wife is going to kill me

Today I took off the front mudguard, and Yamaha did a really untidy job of this lot. There is even a slot they use on the MT/FZ 09 they could have run the cables through so while I'm doing the head light swap I'll do some rerouting of cables and try and tidy this all up.

Quote:
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
These people High Fived titan!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #3
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Best get sumt done.

So got the headlight test fitted with the stock one removed. Then figured I may aswell remove everything to get to the top of the engine so I can fit the graves plates and remove some clutter, this also gave me an opportunity to reroute the main cables to the light. Overall happy, light bracket needs some fine tuning

Next job is to find a front fender/ mudguard and make some number boards for the rear

I did find that Yamaha decided to not bother putting a washer on one side of the radiator bracket. Not a major deal but dig kick my self for not noticing sooner

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-21-2018, 05:58 PM   #4
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

light change video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuRwxM_X2as&t=7s

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2018, 05:42 PM   #5
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

doing more on the video side so here is the video of fitting the graves plates..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NObM18Ikbgk&t=11s

ordered a sumo front fender and working on some number boards. Pics/ video to follow

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #6
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Feel like I haven't done much!

I did make number boards

Video

https://youtu.be/p7YOVbP9JlMClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181208_105215.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	103252Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181208_123430.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	103254Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181208_124017.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	103260Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181208_124041.jpeg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	103262Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181208_124112.jpeg
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	103264

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #7
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

got the front mudguard sorted, need to order a new metal frame for the light unit ( in a bid to be able to put it back to stock a spare is needed). then i can trim off what isn't needed and make some brackets for the mudguard. once fitted then i think its time for some fibre

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #8
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Mudguard

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #9
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

So that's the tail tidy re done much neater and the light sits nice hidden just under the seat. Like everything it will be sent of for powder coating with the rest.

Quote:
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-03-2019, 05:22 PM   #10
titan
hooligan quads

CF Addict
Fighter of the Month 

Also received this in the post. It's the standard front light frame. As I'm trying to keep the bike in a place where I can make it stock if I need to, that means a zero cutting policy. But if I buy a 2nd part then that's a loophole so I can cut one up as it can still be put back

So let the cutting commence

Quote:

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads