Leroy's XT500Retro - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads

2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads Only post here if you are the builder! Comments in the Discussion threads please.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Leroy's XT500Retro

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-26-2018, 07:02 PM   #1
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:50 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Leroy's XT500Retro

Moving the build here since, it's well... A real built

Here is the begining https://www.customfighters.com/forum...d.php?t=136436

And that's were I'm right now

Mods done so far and price of each one:

XT 500............................................... ...............565
SV650 first gen forks (used).................................130
SV650 first gen Front wheel axle (used)...................30
Front wheel spacer............................................ ......6
Cafe racer seat (new)............................................3 5
Fittings for the subframe........................................56
Tubes and metal sheet for the subframe...................25
Subframe welder cost 1..........................................90
Subframe welder cost 2..........................................10
Chopping the stok subframe.....................................0
Speedo & taho (new)............................................. 24
Headlight (new)............................................. ........47
Clip-ons (new)............................................. ..........21
Honda GC125 fuell tank (new)................................105
Fuel tank rubber mounts (new)..................................6
Bar end turn lights indicators (new)............................9
Mufler (new)............................................. .............51
Yamaha YBR125 speedo drive (used).........................24
Yamaha tank decals (new).......................................12
Harley fork boots (new)............................................5
Bar end mirrors (new)............................................. 15
Front brake rotor (new)...........................................80
Front brake pads.............................................. ........0
Botom oil line (used)............................................ ...12
Top clamp (used)............................................ ........40
Chain adjusters (used)............................................ .10
GSXR 1k K3 clutch line (used)...................................12
Paint............................................. .........................45
Front wheel hub with spokes (used)..........................120
Gaskets, o-rings etc for the engine (new)..................195
Wheels spokes and bearings (new)...........................230
Rear foot pegs (used)............................................ ...15
Custom oil line.............................................. ...........22
Central lock switch (new)..........................................40
SV650 left caliper (used)...........................................4 5
TT 600 headers (used)............................................ ..70
Rear caliper repair kit (new)..................................... 25
Fenders (new)............................................. ............40
Velocity staks (new)............................................. ....45
Truck side marker light (new)....................................10
Flywheel cover (used)............................................ ...45
Timing chain (new)............................................. ......60
Anchor points welding........................................... ....20
Exhaust valves (new)............................................. ...40
CDI box and rear fenders mount welding.....................20
Seat cover............................................. ..................50
Ergal bolts............................................. ..................10
Aluminium cylinders, indicator inserts, filter adapter......60

Total 2627

Sold stock parts:

Fuel tank.............................................. ................80
Tail plastics .................................................. ........45
Seat.............................................. ......................30
Forks............................................. ......................50
Front caliper........................................... ..............30
Front brake rotor............................................. ......30

Total 2362

And a screenshot with date from my phone

Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-03-2018, 01:00 AM   #2
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Leroy is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default Re: Leroy's XT500Retro

Subframe is done by me

Disassembled the bike, cleaned the frame from the unwanted tabs - remaining tubes of the subframe and degrease all the parts

The oil line leak but someone fixed it by his own way. How needs the manuals after all

And you should remove the swing arm to fit the chain slider since you can fit it like this?

Stored the parts and I will try to catch up the welder today to finish the subframe

These people High Fived Leroy!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-06-2018, 05:11 PM   #3
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

I didn't have the time to take some good pitures. I will try to take some at the weekend.
Any way the subframe still need some work to accept the mufler which arrived today. I will try to fit it under the seat

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #4
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

A mockup. It's a little bigger than I thought. I want to shave the seat a litle and make the mufler stick out of it.

Welds look strong enough

Still a lot of work to do
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2018, 04:00 PM   #5
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

Made brackets for the seat and mufler today. I had the catalyst mounts from a K8. Chopped the one and weld it to the subframe

Also made a pair of brackets for the seat but I didn't take pictures from the procedure.
I took some pictures after I weld the brackets but it's 23:00 here now. I will try to take some better at the sunlight.

Copped the brackets of the seat

And cut the plate to make room for the mufler. A curved piece will take it's place. Needs to weld it and the subframe it's done.

Here is the seat and the mufler bolted to it's final position

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #6
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

I've bought some used parts from a local store. An oil line, found chain adjusters in beter condition than mine and a top clamp with the central lock in the midle, so I can place the tacho and speedo left and right. But, it isn't compatible with the triple tree I've got. I have to buy it's pair now and the paint it. Also bought a new cluch line and ordered a pair of mirrors.

I didn't like the front tabs of the subframe so i cut it a litle

This week I will send it to the welder for the last time and next is paint
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-30-2018, 07:06 PM   #7
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

It was about time to return to my build. I was with gastroenteritis and painkillers for my waist. After that I wasn't in the mood to do any work, so the last week I was trying to recover myself.

So I went to the welder for the last time to weld the last bit of the subframe

Bought some primer and paint. It was late the afternoon when I was done with it. The frame came up really nice I can't say the same for the subframe. It have some imperfections at the finish. The good thing is that the imperfections are to the upper place and the seat will hide it. I will try to smooth it down with a polishing brush. By the way its my first paint job.

I still have to paint the fork boots, footpegs, swingarm, dog bones - link and some other bits.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-02-2019, 06:52 AM   #8
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

Happy new year to all!!!

I tryied to fit the 320mm brake rotor I had bought but the wheel hud didn't want to collaborate. After a lot of research google point me to this site http://www.oem-cycle.com/YAMAHAYZ250BIKEID.shtml and it looks like that the whell hub is from a WR400F which have ID 118.5MM brake rotor.

I was thinking to sell the XT brake rotor and buy a new one for my whell hub or buy a new whell hub. So I've found a XT hub with spokes for 60$. I was planing to chainge rear and front spokes anyway cause mine are rusty and a set of new spokes for one wheel cost 60$ here, so that was a bargain

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-13-2019, 05:39 PM   #9
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

After a lot of rainy days, today it was the first cold but shinny day.
Took frame and subframe out to get some pics.
The frame came out really good and the under section of the subframe too

But the upper is a mess
TBH I don't realy care. I won't redo it, the seat will cover it so all good

The previous owner of the bike told me that he had rebuild the engine 10.000 km earlier, but it was leaking oil at the botom of the crankcase because his engineer didn't seal it properly.
With all this bondo to the oil lines and to the crankcase plug I wasn't so sure about that.
So I decided to see the condition of the engine. I bought seal gaskets, some o-rings, crankcase plug, a torque wrench 4-30N and the tools to clean the valves.

The engine was in good condition like he said and I didn't do the valve job. It cost me 10$ any way so no big deal. The gaskets wasn't new so he probably assembled the engine with the old gaskets
Cleaned the crancase and assembled the engine back

Stored the engine for now and I will clean the sealing compound later. The crancase covers will be painted black gloss like the frame and I'm thinking fresh up the crankcase with a litle gray paint.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-27-2019, 05:02 AM   #10
Leroy
GURU
CF Lover
Fighter of the Month 

Ok, after a lot of rainy days, finaly, I maked to finish the painting from some othes parts.
Removed the old and rasty spokes from the weels and cleaned to paint those later.
All the parts came out realy good and glossy so I'm happy with it.

Assembled the frame with the engine, swingarm and suspension but it was late at night and had to get some rest

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > 2019 Winter Build-off > 2019 Winter Build-off Build Threads