ITS ALIVE.... - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > ITS ALIVE....

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2008, 02:56 AM   #1
GDogg007
VS ASS KISS

GDogg007's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Flip Offs: 72
Flipped Off 58 Times in 33 Posts
GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Talking ITS ALIVE....

I spent a good part of this evening getting my wiring figured out and getting everything in order.

First try I put the tank on (not attached) and give her gas and choke her turns over but don't wanna stay running. Take tank off and find out a line is clogged. Take everything apart clean everything and try again.

Second try she RUNS. It was so beautiful. 2 years of waiting and working and waiting and working. It don't idle without the choke but thats the next chore. I am gonna take her in to the shop and let them go over the full thing. They have the tools I don't.

2 years of hoping and the Katfighter is so close to the road I can smell it. (That may the gas fumes.) I just want to say this is prolly the greatest feeling anyone could feel.
GDogg007 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived GDogg007!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2008, 03:31 AM   #2
Wolfman

CF Pimp
Wolfman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:10 AM
Flip Offs: 15
Flipped Off 23 Times in 17 Posts
Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Wolfman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: ITS ALIVE....

Its a great feeling isn't it
I was lucky enough that when I got done it cranked over
Not quite the same but I know the feeling

I does what I likes and I likes what I do

My build : http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ead.php?t=8919
Wolfman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-20-2008, 04:27 AM   #3
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

It's always cool when those long projects fire up for the first time. Right on dude.

You may want to give your carbs one more thorough clean. Might save yourself a few bucks.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
GDogg007
VS ASS KISS

GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!GDogg007 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

So I put a gallon of 93 octane and a full 10 gallon worth of cleaner in with it. I ran her then let her sit for a few hours. When I went back she burned off the last of the crud. Now its runnin like a beast.

The best news still...... I put the chain on today and rode it down the street. I had neighbors on bikes comin outta every nook and cranny. It sounds very different cause I have the full Yoshi system and took the wadding outta the can. That and I don't have my headlight attached yet so its open forks with the gauges sitting on the tank. (They will be staying there.) After fiddling with the clutch and stalling a few times. I ripped her open and took off. Didn't leave the neighborhood but just let her go. I was shaking so bad at first cause of the excitement and the fear it was gonna fall apart. LOL

Tomorrow when I have light again I am gonna see how my adjustments worked out. We did some tweaks on the clutch and a lil more on the throttle. This thing may hit the road before my birthday which would so rock.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
mustangkiller
E=MC Vagina
mustangkiller's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:10 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 48 Times in 33 Posts
mustangkiller has a brilliant futuremustangkiller has a brilliant futuremustangkiller has a brilliant futuremustangkiller has a brilliant futuremustangkiller has a brilliant futuremustangkiller has a brilliant futuremustangkiller has a brilliant futuremustangkiller has a brilliant futuremustangkiller has a brilliant futuremustangkiller has a brilliant futuremustangkiller has a brilliant future

im happy for ya man.keep up with the D-ing W and you may reach your goal.

Admitt nothing.
Deny everything.
Demand proof.

mustangkiller is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
MadMadame
Konichiwa Bitches
MadMadame's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 122
Flipped Off 105 Times in 40 Posts
MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Awesome, bud. Nice to hear it's workin for ya.

RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09

MadMadame is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
ZXtasy

Fighter
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
ZXtasy is a name known to allZXtasy is a name known to allZXtasy is a name known to allZXtasy is a name known to allZXtasy is a name known to allZXtasy is a name known to allZXtasy is a name known to allZXtasy is a name known to allZXtasy is a name known to allZXtasy is a name known to allZXtasy is a name known to all

That's cool man. I know how thrilling/scary that first push of the button can be on a bike that has been questionable for so long...then the first ride, WHOO BOY> This is great sharing the success vicariously through you. Congrats
ZXtasy is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #8
GDogg007
VS ASS KISS

I did some tweaking and some tuning. I ripped her half throttle in 3rd and she was doin 90. (Or at least thats what the VTX riding beside me was doin.) Gotta love havin the roomie to pace me. I am about to go to the garage and snap some shots of my "Redneck" temp light work. But she's nearly "street" legal.

I hadn't ridden anything but dirt in the past almost 15 years. But I felt right at home by the time I had gotten down the road and cruising. We have an unfinished subdivision that I can go play in so I got quarter mile straights to throw it down on with no worries of people/cars.

Another update to this thread in about 15 when I get the pics snapped.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #9
GDogg007
VS ASS KISS

Okay here are the pictures as promised.

Zip Tied 93 Ninja Headlight (Temporary)

My horn stashed.

The tail light mounting. (I got creative.)

The tail light from the side. Oh and the signals.

The gauges taped down to the tank.

The Dummy lights.

Full frontal nudity. LOL
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #10
Colledge123
Bikeless
CF Addict
Colledge123's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:10 AM
Flip Offs: 11
Flipped Off 4 Times in 4 Posts
Colledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to allColledge123 is a name known to all

gota love the zip ties and electrical tape
Colledge123 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes