enrico vespa's 2005 Suzuki SV 650 : "BACARDI 151" - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2007 Fighter Buildoff Entries

2007 Fighter Buildoff Entries Final build pictures as well as the full build threads are in here.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > enrico vespa's 2005 Suzuki SV 650 : "BACARDI 151"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict
Local Time: 04:52 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 10 Times in 10 Posts
enrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well liked
Default enrico vespa's 2005 Suzuki SV 650 : "BACARDI 151"

ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN:
enrico vespa's 2005 Suzuki SV 650 : "BACARDI 151" Discussion

That's the name of my project unless I figure something else better.

Found something better than REZA-WREKT-ED 101

2005 SV650, I think it's the only vtwin so far.

So welcome to my build off.

Originally it looked like this.

Then on a sunny July day, someone blew a stop sign. I went through the guy's window. The glass cut the left side of my neck open, cut the nerves that go down to my shoulder and arm. The cartilage in my throat was fractured, they needed to cut a hole in my neck and connected a tube so I can breath. While at the hospital I had no intention of getting back on the bike. When I was released, the Doc told me my left arm would be paralyzed for life.

Eventually I got the bike back from the towing place. Bent forks some scrapes and bent shifter. I realised sitting home wasn't doing anything for me so I started repairing the bike to resell(the other guy's insurance was giving me a hard time).

Here's a pic of the M4 exhaust on the bike. If you notice, it doesn't fit flush with the undertail. Personally I like it at that angle and how it's above the seat. The pipe was for the wrong year.

"BACARDI 151" begins....

Why 151? Well the story of Bacardi started in Cuba, they were pretty successful for the time being. Then Fidel came into the picture and took everything, their factories, their land, and bank accts. The Bacardi family was left with near to nothing but the will to succeed. That's when they left Cuba and went to Puerto Rico. There, they planned and rebuilt. New factories, new plants and a new strategy to make Bacardi what it is today, the most succesful rum on Earth.

My Fidel was a toyota camry that decided to blow a stop sign which took everything from me. My arm, my happiness, but not my will. Just like anything else, we must rebuild. Here is my build.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my hands on an SRAD front end. I always had the Buell headlights, bought them the same day I got the bike. I don't like round lights. After 3 days, the SRAD was on and I zip tied the Buell headlights and fly screen. This is when I started to think if I should ride again. Workin on the thing was more like therapy.

Admit it, you gotta love the clear tape holding the signals.

Anyway, later that day, I took it out for a ride to test everything out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUj3Fe2t6uE

Eventually I got a Tag X5 handlebars and some riser extensions. All the wiring wouldn't reach the new position so after some advice I re-routed the lines.

I took apart the bike, I'll take pics this weekend with a newspaper. I tried fixing the dent in the tank with "Dent King". It's definately a pain in the ass and doesn't work.

Plans:
-change the exhaust cam
-belly pan
-636 rear shock(stock sucks)
-shorter dog bones- to raise the rear
-SS brake lines
-paint the calipers gold
-properly install the headlights
-replace the 4.5" rear rim(160) with a 5.5" rim to fit a 180 tire.
-get proper signals
-maybe get a paint job
-maybe anodize the forks gold
-get an Acewell speedo if there's enough ppl for the group buy

If I happen to get my hands on anything interesting, then I'll put it on also.

PS to the mods- If there's too many pictures, just let me know my options on how I can still have the photos available without straining the server.

Last edited by ab420; 01-04-2007 at 01:46 PM.
enrico vespa is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-30-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict
enrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well likedenrico vespa is well liked
Default Re: "BACARDI 151" by enrico vespa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Lantern
was it hard to mount up the buell front end?
Yes and no. When I attached them to the headlight brackets, the flyscreen stuck straight up with no angle at all. Then I took a hacksaw to the flyscreen bracket and bent the crap out of it. Finally with that and some zip ties, I got the angle you see. A friend Pat gave me the fly screen bracket from his(he went from Buell to Acerbis) and I'll try it again with some spacers.

Also to take into consideration is there's one side for lo and the other for hi beam. It's supposed to turn on one at a time and not both at the same. I just attached both hi and lo wires to the bikes hi wire so they both are on. But when I flick the switch to lo, they're both off. I'm not going to start looking for the ign line, so I'll keep that configuration and hope I won't have a problem with inspection.

After January 1st, you'll see how I'll do things and see my f' ups as I go along. Hopefully I'll get a lot of tips since thsi is the second time I ever pieced averything back together.

Disclaimer: If this goes anything like the fist time. there will be alot of f'ups.

took some pics today with a paper to prove the work wasn't done years ago and these aren't stored pics....

The bike up on stands with the tubes off.

The 2 dents on the tank were worse, they're still bad. The ding king does feces. The black spots are the burnt rubber from the ding king. Anyone knoe how bondo would work?

The belly pan primed up.

Cheepo SV shock

soon to be installed 2005 636 shock

The state of the art tools I'll be using.

enrico vespa is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-30-2006, 09:26 PM   #3
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict

Old dogbones
[

New shorter dogbones that will lift the seat an inch. Hopefully I can get them anodized in gold along with the rear sprocket(45t) to match the chain and rear shock.

Brake calipers from a 98 GSXR

The caliper paint

Confusion

If all goes wrong(God forbid), I'm prepared.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #4
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict

OK today, I decided to do some cutting. Suzuki decided to put a tool box under the battery area. I never put my tools there so it's unneccesary for that space to be in existance. It also covers the view of the rear shock. Since I'm putting in a different rear shock, it would be nice for ppl to actually see it.

Taken awhile ago when I was selling the hugger. Ok it doesn't cover it totally, but it does hinder it from the rear.

The cuts...

All done.

Next I'll be making an attempt at painting my calipers.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-20-2007, 11:22 PM   #5
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict
Default Re: enrico vespa's 2005 Suzuki SV 650 : "BACARDI 151"

Last week I tried painting the calipers. They looked like shit, horrible looking. I wound up hitting up pep boys and got a spray for calipers. Some burgundyish color. Over the reminence of gold, they look pretty good.

Not sure if I should keep the color and then paint the bike red to match or just keep the bike blue and look for blue caliper paint.

I'll post pics tomorrow night, I have to look for a van to move out. Got kicked out of the girly's apt.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-05-2007, 07:00 PM   #6
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict

Just finished my diamond plate undertail and painted my calipers(I went with the blue). Hopefully I can find the USB wire so I can upload the pics. Nothin is installed yet since I don't want to take things apart again to do other stuff.

I also sanded my rims. When it gets a few degrees warmer, I'll clean them and then prime.

Then get my forks done with new oil and springs.

change shock

put brakes on.

change cams

sorry, this is just a check list so I know what do do next.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict

Ok , I just found the UBS cable. Here are the pics of the calipers and the diamond plate undertail. I musta forgot to take the pic of the buell flyscreen, so that'll come at another time.

I taped what I needed to tape. I'm not planning to take off the bolts, so I painted them as well. You really have to shop around for caliper paints that come in aerosol cans. Alot easier to wok with than the brush kind that is sold on ebay.

They have a burgundyish tone to the primer since I first had painted them a deep dark red. It really looked good, except my bike is blue. I was thinking of getting the bike painted red(thats why I painted the calips burgundy) but I didn't wasnt to spend more money on a paint job just to be scared to get it scratched. Mind you the bike WILL be ridden and not become a photo op or a bike night biatch.

Yup, that flower print is gangsta, I know.

Now the diamond plate. It was pretty simple, the glare is a lot better in person. I may put it on the bike just to see what it would look like. It would still be a waste of time snce I still have to paint my wheels, reassemble and forget what else I have to do.
The reason the undertail is scratched up is because instead of getting an undertail I was just going to sand prime and paint the undertray to match the red I was going to originally paint it.

I marked some outlinings with a red marker.

I propped it up against a chair to see what it kinda would look like.

It looks better than the picture below because I added some screws on the edges.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #8
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict

I also painted the Portuguese Pseudo euro JMV belly pan from ebay that everyone hates. I'm gangsta, why go $300 when I can go bootleg for 80?

Primed waiting for the color rite can to come in.

The can with an attachment I got from a national hardware store(no free ads here) so I won't get paint on my hands. I suggest one of these attachments cause painting seemed better since it gave a continuous pressure as opposed to the regular cap.

Painted and placed next to an oem fender. The belly pan still hasn't been clearcoated and buffed.

My trustee in crime gets an award by keeping the gremlins out of the garage.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #9
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict

It looks alot better in person.

The buell flyscreen originally belonged to a friend Patrick. It was pretty rashed up. I was thinking of sanding it smooth and then painting it. I don't have the before pics but no matter how much sanding I did, those gashes were too deep. So I bolted the diamond plate right on so the flyscreen can still be used.

And my dog again...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #10
enrico vespa
GURU
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo
haha, your dog rocks. I do like the undertail and you did a wicked job painting. That's a nice blue colour.
Thanks, The undertail def looks better than the flyscreen. After I put the bike together, I'll see if I keep the flyscreen or not.

I figured let me get goin on the first attempt on swapping the rear shock. I grabbed a ladder and placed it over the rear, attached a few ratchet ties and up it went.

I raised it a bit over the rear stand and left the stand there just incase anything snapps or gives way, I'll be somewhat safe if I'm underneath.

As per the SV shop manual print out, I unbolted the upper shock nut.

Then just slipped out the bolt

Yay, smooth sailing right?

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > CF Streetfighter Forum Contests > Streetfighter Buildoff > Past Streetfighter Buildoffs > 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff > 2007 Fighter Buildoff Entries