The Lone Sabre - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > The Lone Sabre

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp
SabreV45's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 01:33 PM
Flip Offs: 243
Flipped Off 85 Times in 32 Posts
SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default The Lone Sabre

Well, I've had a lot of fun watching your guys' project bikes unfold, so I thought I'd post mine up. It's going to be a fairly slow build as I'm going to be taking all winter to finish it. It started as a 1984 Honda Sabre VF700S that I picked up about a year and a half ago for $1300 in great running condition. This is my first and only cycle and the thing is great.

Here's how it looked when I bought it.

I did a little bit to it over last winter, but not much. I have a big list of plans for it this winter. By the way, the flash on the camera makes everything look in much worse condition than they actually are.

Here's how it sits right now.

You can kind of see the first rough mock up for my new gauge mount in the pictures, I'm using the same idea that BuellCafe used and mounted twin round gauges on the side of the tank. I'm planning on using my stock gauges for this.

Here's a view from the top of how the rough mock up looks right now.

One of the things that I did over last winter was to repaint the wheels. I'm planning on keeping them the same for this winter. It is the stock style that the wheels were painted in, but I painted the machines edges gold to go with the color theme of the bike.

Next comes the engine. The transmission died from my stock 700cc engine that was in it, 5th and 6th gears were worn down a lot and the shift fork for 1st and 2nd was worn and warped. So, instead of buying a new transmission for it, a buddy of mine happened to have a spare engine with a excellent condition transmission in it that I bought off him for less than I could buy a transmissoin for. It is the engine out of a 83, which is when they still had the 750cc engines in them, so I'm going to be putting the larger engine in there.

Here's the engine waiting a good degreasing with S100 and possibly a paint job if needed.

I already have the heads off of them which are waiting a port and polish job.

If you didn't notice my post in the Photoshop forum, here's the quick chop I made of what I am planning on doing to it this winter.

That's all I have for now. I'm planning on getting some small parts painted tomorrow.
SabreV45 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived SabreV45!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: The Lone Sabre

straight pipes, right?

real NASCAR sound
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp
SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!SabreV45 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
straight pipes, right?

real NASCAR sound
What I'm planning on doing is just putting like a 8-10" 1.75" diameter pipe right off the collector and put in a couple of those slid in baffles wrapped in stainless muffler filler. I ran it with nothing off the collector before, sounded great, pretty much like a NASCAR car at idle, but was supprisingly quiet when moving. You can actually hear the engine more than the exhaust when riding, probably not to people you ride by, but to the rider.

Now I just need to get myself down to Bargain Barn Cycle to try to pick up a pair of those baffles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter
By the riders and for the riders, streetfighters we are and united we will stand.
"The Lone Sabre" Build - 84 Sabre (Sold)
"Bastard Child Hybrid" Build - XS / FZR
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
These people High Fived SabreV45!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #4
LRC131
Chris
CF Addict
LRC131's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 51
Flipped Off 32 Times in 31 Posts
LRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of light

$10 says you finish before me
LRC131 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived LRC131!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrc131 View Post
I'll put $20 on that action, and i'll help him win
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK 187 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrc131
I'll put $20 on that action, and i'll help him win
Hell, I probably will. And I bet you mine will cost less too.

Quote:
By the riders and for the riders, streetfighters we are and united we will stand.
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
This user High Fived SabreV45!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
LRC131
Chris
CF Addict
LRC131's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 51
Flipped Off 32 Times in 31 Posts
LRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of lightLRC131 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreV45 View Post
Hell, I probably will. And I bet you mine will cost less too.
well i KNOW yours will cost less and im probably not going to finish till aprilish so...
LRC131 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived LRC131!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
1st bel air fighter
CF Pimp
1st bel air fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 39
Flipped Off 73 Times in 23 Posts
1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light1st bel air fighter is a glorious beacon of light
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

ill be the bookie send PM and ill tell yea where to send all monies...(dont be surprised if you dont get it back)

now excepting bike donations

my 1st build:97 zuki 750: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=22608 ... impounded R.I.P

Brenden
1st bel air fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived 1st bel air fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2009, 01:48 AM   #9
lynchingacers
V-4 for 4 life

CF Addict
lynchingacers's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:33 AM
Flip Offs: 9
Flipped Off 12 Times in 6 Posts
lynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of lightlynchingacers is a glorious beacon of light

your not the only one by the way mines just not a fighter more like beater partial Rat

oh and for another idea bbq somtins CBX looked killer with the duc tail look into it as we seem to have close to the same gas tank shape and it looked good in that combo( i owuld if i could .. Tail swap)

lynchingacers is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived lynchingacers!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
SabreV45
Mad Sconnie

CF Pimp

I know I'm not the only one, I've seen yours before when you posted the gas tank for sale. I just named it that because I haven't seen another one being built on this site. And I'm one of the very few with one around where I live.

Quote:
"The Maggot" - 82 CX500
This user High Fived SabreV45!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes