project "making it up as I go along" - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > project "making it up as I go along"

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:20 AM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month 
Default project "making it up as I go along"

well.... It's been a while since I posted.....

but, thought it time to get my latest project on here.......

Last year I sorta finished my Gixxer (ahum... read as.. it's usable.. so too busy using it to fiddle) and decided I gotta build me another fighter...

.... I decided I wanted to take the parts of my gixxer I really like and expand on them.. but that (and the fact that Black had no room in this project) was as close as i got to planning.....

my first consideration was what sorta fighter I wanted to build and all I could come up with was bigger and better than the last one (i'm not overly imaginative) and as I not overly mechanical (either) I went for a base/donor bike that I'm familliar with....

so bought me (another) 900RR

To me..... this was the ideal base.....

my only plan was to junk all the plastics and make me a beast, and was mulling over fitting a SSSA that I bought just before.. but no definate plan other than an Image in my mind that hadn't quite been fully formed, but good enoph for me... anyway within minites of getting her home (well next morning)I junked the plastics and a load of bits I knew had no place in my image. then started Wingin IT

then I decided I needed a tailpeice....
and junked the subframe

and with no idea what to fit, i stumbled around Ebay untill falling over a duke 999tail which I thought could work...

and then bought a welder so I could either burn the house down or fabricate a subframe...
luckily (for me) the house still stands

Although at this point I sudenly realised I hadn't bothered to think about fitting a seat and notice it might be a bit tight but it wasnt........

anyway still with thought of the SSSA I puzzled on my next move...... a plan was suddenly looking like it would have been a good idea

then the view from the rear made my next move inevitable
there was no way i could live with that skinny 180

I then spent a week looking at jackshafts and
A)because i couldn't find one i thought would be suitable and work with my image
&
B) I'm to tight to splash out for a custum made one on a whim
I decided to pilfer ideas from them crazy germans at FightMachines....
I figured they'd done it.. so even with my lack of skills I could (sound thinking in my book... altho i missed the chapter reminding me I had a lack of experience in these things)
then I agonized over spending aload of cash on a custom wheel.....

cutting it short... I ordered one and found I then had little to do as it all now hinged on me getting the SSSA and rear wheel to work.....

so to keep me amused I jumped way ahead and got painting

then with thougts of my new rear tire I added some graphics

then things started to slow...... and aint really sped up much since (crappy british weather, work, and my total inabilitie to get my arse in gear some days all conspired against me*)

except for my wheel arriving.........

not much has changed........

The weathers still crap (infact it hammering it down today) but I'm pleased with my progress so far (not necessaraly original but it apeals to me)

now I'm puzzling over exhausts while i hide inside away from the cold wet stuff

* well... thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it

As long as I fall, I don't hit the ground. As long as I fall, I'm safe & sound.

Last edited by Sideshow bob; 11-22-2009 at 09:33 AM. Reason: removing the worst of the speeling misteaks
Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
paul
VP of Daily Operations
paul's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Flip Offs: 18
Flipped Off 63 Times in 48 Posts
paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: project "making it up as I go along"

spec's on the wheel please? and also the offest of the spacer needed for the arm..... did you ue a 25mm one?

R.I.P.
Gavin "Greencheezeata" Butts

October 5, 1983 - September 8, 2009

www.FOHCycleFab.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvgasm View Post
I like man on man asshole gobbling

please don't make that a sig

IIII <Fucking Count It!!!
paul is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp
Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Sideshow bob is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
spec's on the wheel please? and also the offest of the spacer needed for the arm..... did you ue a 25mm one?
wheels a 3 piece billit(incase you couldn't guess buy the ring of bolt)
18x10 (11 if you count the lip)
4x100 PDC
-25 0ffset (this makes the wheel touch the inside of the SSSA... I'm using spacers.. this was done to give me as much error correction as possible... otherwise i would not have been able to adjust to the left)
25 caliper height (this i now know is wrong..... shoulda been 35)

as for spacer??? I havn't measured It......I'm currently using the same collar as the other side and just using the blade adjustment collar against it... have shaved the frame to get it as far over as possible... but any further trimming will mean chain needs to run through the frame

Sideshow bob is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
NeverEnough
Yut-Ughhh

CF Addict
NeverEnough's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:20 PM
Flip Offs: 56
Flipped Off 30 Times in 25 Posts
NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!NeverEnough is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Winter Buildoff Winner 

well fawk me.........THATS A NICE BUILD MAN!!!!
I LOVE the orange! My dad did his Jeep almost the exact same orange, and you just never see orange vehicles, LOOKS AWESOME! And I'm diggin the tire decal....

YUT-UGHHHh
NeverEnough is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
Gixerman
?????????????

Gixerman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:20 PM
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 55 Times in 45 Posts
Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Nice one. looking good that is.
Gixerman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
paul
VP of Daily Operations
paul's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Flip Offs: 18
Flipped Off 63 Times in 48 Posts
paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!paul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow bob View Post
wheels a 3 piece billit(incase you couldn't guess buy the ring of bolt)
18x10 (11 if you count the lip)
4x100 PDC
-25 0ffset (this makes the wheel touch the inside of the SSSA... I'm using spacers.. this was done to give me as much error correction as possible... otherwise i would not have been able to adjust to the left)
25 caliper height (this i now know is wrong..... shoulda been 35)

as for spacer??? I havn't measured It......I'm currently using the same collar as the other side and just using the blade adjustment collar against it... have shaved the frame to get it as far over as possible... but any further trimming will mean chain needs to run through the frame
ah.... so far you havent compensated for then MASSIF wheel..... for some reason i was thinking with proper measurements it was close to a bolt on afair with the wheel. well please do post up as the build progress' i have a spare 900 frame (thanks stunt) that'd make a GREAT show bike.

R.I.P.
Gavin "Greencheezeata" Butts

October 5, 1983 - September 8, 2009

www.FOHCycleFab.com

Quote:
I like man on man asshole gobbling

please don't make that a sig

IIII <Fucking Count It!!!
paul is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #7
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
well fawk me.........THATS A NICE BUILD MAN!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixerman View Post
Nice one. looking good that is.
thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
I LOVE the orange! My dad did his Jeep almost the exact same orange, and you just never see orange vehicles, LOOKS AWESOME! And I'm diggin the tire decal....
the day I decided to do it......I kept seeing orange cars(everywhere) and couldn't help thinking it was a cool Colour so tried it as an experiment and loved it... & the tyre track just seemed like a good idea once I saw the new rear

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #8
Sideshow bob

CF Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
ah.... so far you havent compensated for then MASSIF wheel..... for some reason i was thinking with proper measurements it was close to a bolt on afair with the wheel. well please do post up as the build progress' i have a spare 900 frame (thanks stunt) that'd make a GREAT show bike.
na not bolt on... I've remove the frame swingarm spacer/mount on the left ... and trimmed the stock spacer to get swinger as much over as I can... this puts the wheel nearer centre but not central (believe It currently 15mm off)

as luck would have it I got a spare LH spacer collar when I got the SSSA and this is used on the RHside with the blade adjuster collar to act as spacer (have also got the VFR adjusterCollar which is longer if needed)

got a bit more adjusting to do but will always be off centre if I continue whith this set up...

plan to offset front to line the wheels up once the rear mountings finalised

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #9
Fathead_03
Flashburnt
CF Pimp
Fathead_03's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 08:20 PM
Flip Offs: 145
Flipped Off 35 Times in 30 Posts
Fathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud ofFathead_03 has much to be proud of

Ah hah, good to see you posting up here man!

Build Threads
2009 Winter Buildoff CBR Build Thread
After-Buildoff CBR Build Thread
CB750 Hardtail Bobber Build "Old's Cool"
Quote:
someone died ban everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbwstripes View Post
I like carbon peaking through the paint. It's like side boob.
Fathead_03 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 11-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #10
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:20 PM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Looking great so far. Big fan of the tail on there.
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CK 187!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes