Stunt's Buell S1 Build Thread - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Stunt's Buell S1 Build Thread

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

stuntninja's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:34 PM
Flip Offs: 89
Flipped Off 93 Times in 69 Posts
stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Stunt's Buell S1 Build Thread

Ok, after a quick little chat with Adam this morning, I have decided I will post a build thread for this bike but... No posting is allowed in this thread. I will setup this thread just like the build threads for the build off bikes, with a sepperated discussion thread. I think this makes it easier to track the progress of the builds, and makes even the rattiest of bikes seem more professional. The idea is not to have 2 pages of bike, and 12 pages of "I could totally splooge on your headlight!".

No posting is allowed in this thread
Discuss here: http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=27231

Anyways, Rant Over.

This is the new bike. Not quite what I was looking for, but I've got to make due, due to my recent legal issues. The bike in question is a 1996 Buell S1 Lightning. Mildly built already, was trackdayed often, has a freshly rebuilt motor, and a bunch of goodies. Anyways here's pics.

Ok, and here's all I've done so far. Just the ram air and put the tail back on.

Plans for this bike include, but are not limited too:

Custom Carbon tail section, headlight, tank, fender
Custom motor, built by me with at least 150hp, 1550cc's
Custom swingarm
Custom Triples
Dual 6 piston, 340mm disc conversion, using Braking components, rear braking rotor
Brembo Hand Controls including hydraulic clutch conversion
Custom oil tank/ integrated catch can
yada yada yada

stuntninja is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!stuntninja is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Stunt's Buell S1 Build Thread

Ok guys, just a little update. Hadn't really D'd much W, since I've managed to put almost 800 miles on the bike in the last few days, but I did accomplish some yesterday. I got tired of that big ass headlight and windscreen. And Gauges. And turn signals. So needless to say, 3 hours removing, rewiring, rerouting, and mounting later...

These people High Fived stuntninja!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

Just ordered the headlight from our polish negative repped friend. Nice little hookup so we'll be doin the tail soon...

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

Here's the basic plan for the body work on the bike. And yes it's ms paint.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 12-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

Another update. The motor might be put on hold for a little while due to the cost of repairs on the 250. I shipped the spare gearset and shafts for that bike to have the new ones cut. So... with that 1700ish dollars spent, gotta cut costs on this build temporarily. I've budgeted only roughly 2000 for this build over the next couple months. But with all the billet parts, the tail, and brakes that's spent. I got an idea on the paint job I don't think i'll mention it until I chat with the guy that might be doin it...
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

Ok, so I've gotten some parts in and I guess I'll post them and the rough mockup on the bike.

Headlight

Tail

Zumzum Juice

And the mock up

I'll be building the subframe this weekend and moving all of those pesky electronics, along with the fugly oil tank.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

OK, so I've got this crazy little idea in my head (thanks Outlaw) that my bike may need a tit little bit of stretch to look right. I want to build a spondon style arm, with a brace and cut outs, but I Don't know if I should. The issue I run into is if it gets stretched I'll be buying another bike in a few months to have a corner carver. Opinions?

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

D'd a little more W today. bye bye old subbie, hello new. I don't have any pictures since I finished it, so tough shit this is all you get...

This user High Fived stuntninja!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #9
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

Alright. Took the bike to Fister's yesterday (aka paint and body guru) to get started on the glass work and gettin her painted. Yes the tail is high, but I like it so STFU. Also, looking at this pic makes me hate the exhaust alot. so it's gone. I'm gonna do something completely different with it since there's nothing on the market worth a shit.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #10
stuntninja
Fucking Newb...Oh wait

Picture bump.

Got lots-o-work to do over the next couple weeks. This is the only pic I'm posting pre-completion, enjoy

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes