Uglier Betty - 96 Katana Build Up - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Uglier Betty - 96 Katana Build Up

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
venturesomerite
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)

CF Addict
venturesomerite's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:39 PM
Flip Offs: 6
Flipped Off 4 Times in 3 Posts
venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Talking Uglier Betty - 96 Katana Build Up

I decided to make a thread for my build -

Recap -

Build plan:

haha, there isn't one. I work best organically and am just gonna go with the flow. Currently just searching around to see what I like and try and form some sort of direction. More importantly I am trying to do a little research as to what swing arms, and forks I can swap with relative ease. Probably Gonna leave the motor alone for now though. One thing I definately want to do is totally redo the brakes, but that will be dictated by the wheels, forks and swing arms I decide to do, if any, like I said, no plan. LOL.

Here's the bike when I bought it:

This is after some mods (better, but just not what I am looking for)

This it's current state:

~~~Brian

*** Sorry, had all my pics hosted on photobucket and they turned out to be a greedy cunt. Working on getting them all hosted elsewhere, and slowly fixing 5 billion pictures.

Uglier Better - 1996 Suzuki Katana 600 that wants to be a Gixxer

Coffee Pot - 1983 Yamaha Virago 920 - A cafe build on the super duper cheap.
venturesomerite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2010, 01:02 AM   #2
venturesomerite

CF Addict
venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!venturesomerite is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Uglier Betty - 96 Katana Build Up

Made some progess... Really about all I can do until I figure out what they hell I want to do.

This is me playing around, trying to decide what to do with the sub frame, and whether to keep the battery where it is, as well as whether to use the stock tank and seat. Still undecided.

And yes, that chain is just as bad as it looks. Worse, perhaps.

~~~Brian

*** Sorry, had all my pics hosted on photobucket and they turned out to be a greedy cunt. Working on getting them all hosted elsewhere, and slowly fixing 5 billion pictures.

venturesomerite is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived venturesomerite!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2010, 01:05 AM   #3
Scrapyard
Build It Ride It Live It
Scrapyard's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 07:39 PM
Flipped Off 20 Times in 14 Posts
Scrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud ofScrapyard has much to be proud of
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Fighter of the Month 

Love the name, LOL. Good luck with the build dude. There's a lot of potential in those bikes.
Scrapyard is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2010, 01:08 AM   #4
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

i dont think ugly betty is all that ugly...nice Kan-o-Tuna... sweet bike indeed
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
Mack
est.1979
CF Lover
Mack's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
Mack is a good noobieMack is a good noobieMack is a good noobie

ohh...I think she would look pretty with a 1127!

1989 GSXR 750...Slingys be the best YES!
Turbo LSX Trans Am...The GRUDGE
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
venturesomerite

CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
ohh...I think she would look pretty with a 1127!
Ironically, I've been looking for an oil boiler 11, or b12, but having no luck finding one at a price I'm ok with. I'd prefer a b12, more low end grunt, and a power band that is more my style, mid range, I don't redline 6th all that often, so it's not a biggie if I don't have that top end of a GSXR.

~~~Brian

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #7
Gixerman
?????????????

Gixerman's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 41
Flipped Off 55 Times in 45 Posts
Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Gixerman is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Made a good start on that, don't get many of thoose fightered over in the uk here but i've seen Quite a few good ones done on this very site, so looking forward to seeing what ya come up with
Gixerman is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Gixerman!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2010, 04:13 AM   #8
chris_72
Will touch your privates
Noobie
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
chris_72 is a NOOB

I'm building a Katana too, I just stripped mine. I will start adding pics once some real wotk is done... Keep plugging away. Turn that thing into something awesome!
chris_72 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #9
Kaos
SHOWUSYATITS

Kaos's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:09 AM
Flip Offs: 71
Flipped Off 59 Times in 47 Posts
Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Kaos is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Ya sorry man I didn't see your build thread. I remember you from the Intro threads though.
Keep at it dude. YOU CAN DO IT!
Made any progress on deciding what you want to do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybuilt
...i have siad it before do what you realy want and do it today above all have your share of fun causc you will damn shure have your share of the other.
CUSTOM FIGHTERS FOR LIFE!
Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 04-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #10
venturesomerite

CF Addict

I actually have been super busy with my 2 jobs and school, so no progress yet. I stripped a little more, but have not bought any parts, nor made an major decisions yet.

I'm now leaning towards a multi phase build. It's super nice out and I want to ride, so I think I may put it mostly back together, then be able to ride it, and mod it as I go. If I just had time.........!

My largest motivator to do this is that I have it blown apart in my basement (workshop) so I can't do alot of the work I need to, and I need my work benches and table saw back (it's now acting as a work bench too)

~~~Brian

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes