Beginning of project: Daytona 675 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Beginning of project: Daytona 675

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 06-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 10:47 AM
Flip Offs: 301
Flipped Off 143 Times in 38 Posts
DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Beginning of project: Daytona 675

Every project has to start somewhere. And the Daytona is now underway. I really had it in mind to finish Kwak Attack first, but since downloading the TuneECU program on my laptop...I can't keep my grubby little paws off the Daytona.

I deleted the secondary air injection, exhaust canister, o2 sensor and servo motor for the exhaust valve. The valve is still there(just kept 100% open), until I get a new collector and exhaust. Gonna be a low mount of some sort......

Just have to say...with the exhaust valve mod, She sounds much better with a slightly more menacing growl.

SEE! CRAP!!!

Now I don't wannna put the fairings back on it.

Not even gonna make a to-do list right now, cause I know its gonna be long.

First thing to do is tidy up the wiring and tuck some fuses and relays underneath the tank.

That's all for now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsroadeater View Post
dont want no skanky slagbag hangin offa yer short arm mate

Project: Daytona 675

Operation: Kwak Attack

1991 Tidecraft B.O.A.T. build
DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived DecepticonDon!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-03-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!DecepticonDon is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Beginning of project: Daytona 675

DW today with a homebrew fender eliminator.
before: Yeah the tag is upside down. Notice the top....er bottom. the one corner is broken off and the other cracked. I almost lost the tag while riding. I pulled up to a stop sign and something told me to check the back of the bike. The one corner had broken and was hanging on by the other damaged corner. YIKES!!! the quick fix: The holes in the bottom of the tag were good, so upside down she went. Been like that for about a year now
Time for a change

profile shot

Man this bike is easy to take apart

The triumph tool kit. That's all you get folks. 5mm allen wrench and a flat/phillips screwdriver.

profile after

My buddy's dog lookin sad

Quote:

DecepticonDon is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

No high fives? Damn ya'll are a tough crowd.

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
fslflint
fighter transplant in NC
fslflint's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 92
Flipped Off 225 Times in 69 Posts
fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!fslflint is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

there, I high 5'd yah!!

good work on the tail tidy. what are your plans for the front?

Quote:
Gavin, I know you are in heaven. Please don't modify it too much!
RIP brother

Quote:
Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking.

--Ferdinand Foch-- at the Battle of the Marne
fslflint is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived fslflint!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecepticonDon View Post

looking good man
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived CK 187!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by fslflint View Post
there, I high 5'd yah!!

good work on the tail tidy. what are your plans for the front?
I was considering modding the stock cowl, so I could keep the look of the headlights. similar to this, but not sure.

Probably going to use these for lights. Was going to use them on Kwak, but not anymore. They're fog lights from a Bombardier DS650 Baja X

I will eventually replace the lights with something more suited for night driving, keeping the shroud.

And that Z1000 exhaust in the pic is getting chopped up. Gonna remove the underseat exhaust and go with a lowboy made from one of the Z1000 cans. like this, but shorter

Wasn't sure about whether I want to polished or powdercoated accents(triples,rims, rearsets) Since Kwak is gonna be ratbike, I'm leaning towards polishing for the Daytona. That and it'll be something I can do vs. having to PAY someone to powdercoat.

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-05-2010, 01:04 AM   #7
alabaster
The Big Homie
CF Addict
alabaster's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
alabaster is a name known to allalabaster is a name known to allalabaster is a name known to allalabaster is a name known to allalabaster is a name known to allalabaster is a name known to allalabaster is a name known to allalabaster is a name known to allalabaster is a name known to allalabaster is a name known to allalabaster is a name known to all

Fuck that light-upper fairing tho for real.

I want that rear subframe. Hawt sex fa sho.

My $.02
alabaster is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived alabaster!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #8
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

DW today.... wiring.......YAY!

moved some relays and fusebox underneath the tank. Still have to rewrap and tidy the wiring harness.

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #9
DecepticonDon
Elbow Grease is Cheap

Got the wiring done
Some pics for ya

Look at the rats nest!!

All tidied up

Before.......

After....

Quote:

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 07-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
WoodK61000
Clutch it up already!
Senior Fighterer
WoodK61000's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:47 AM
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 27 Times in 7 Posts
WoodK61000 is making some friendsWoodK61000 is making some friendsWoodK61000 is making some friendsWoodK61000 is making some friendsWoodK61000 is making some friends

Damn dat bitch got some big titties hanging off her front! Whats up man!

I dub thee: "Herschel Walker Cuyler Them Dawgs Is Hell Don't They"

"I have reinvalutated the saturation and I have convaluted that you ain't wild! Ya mild" Early Cuyler

Look me up on facebook. Blair Hughes
http://www.atlantaimportcollisioncenter.com
Bike-less at the moment. First time ive been without a bike, dirtbike, or quad since I was 4 years old. Sadness.
WoodK61000 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived WoodK61000!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes