Sympul's SV650 build project - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Sympul's SV650 build project

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
sympul
Everything is simple...

CF Addict
sympul's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:51 AM
Flip Offs: 436
Flipped Off 381 Times in 55 Posts
sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Sympul's SV650 build project

Greetings all in CustomFighter-land.

I have my first riding season almost under my belt on the SV. And with the cold weather approaching sooner then it does for our neighbors in the South, I've started to plan a couple of mods for the winter.

Yes, I know about the Winter Build-off, but my skills and my projects are no where near what it would take to play with those guys. (I'm not being modest, I really am that bad.)

So, this is what I have planned:

- new front signal lights
- new rear signal lights
- new plate holder
- bar end mirrors (my wife stole my stock ones for her scooter.)

and if I'm feeling Adventurous...

- chopped stock can
- relocate key ignition
- new headlight
- new gage (or modify the stock one.)

... but those are a ways down the road as yet.

I've been lurking in a bunch of threads and have a bunch of ideas based off of others hard work. (plus, I stole pics too!!) I'll try and give credit for the ideas to the people who came up with them first, but if I forget, or can't remember the person's name then it's not meant deliberately.

Stay tuned to this station for more updates, a lot of swearing and stupid questions, and a couple of pictures of an untalented man, with no garage and only a pockets worth of tools trying to make his way in the Fighter-World.

and for no reason at all, here's a picture of me as a zombie!

Sympul

fighter THIS bitches!!!

Check out my SV650 when it was stock! HERE!

Check out my SV (and other assorted items) Project Thread! HERE! (because 'stock' is never good enough)

Check out my 'quick flip' project HERE! (07 SV650 ABS)
sympul is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived sympul!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
sympul
Everything is simple...

CF Addict
sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!sympul is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Default Re: Sympul's SV650 build project

FIRST PROJECT:

New front signal lights.

Now, to be honest, I'm totally stealing the idea from Qwiksand's 1999 sv650 build thread. And continued here too. BUT, he did it on a gen1 SV, and I'm doing it on a gen2... so that makes it totally different. (right?)

Anyway, here's some pics.

This is the office / garage that I have to work with.

As you can see, I'm more of a computer guy, then a 'garage' guy. But it's what I have to work with. And I just noticed, the laptop in the pic is showing Qwiksand's build thread. (Linked above.)

and here's the concept. (thanks Qwidsand!!)

here's a close up of the parts.

I got the lights at Princess Auto, they were about $10 each. Six LED's in each light, sealed from water and slime (I'm just guessing about the slime though) and only one wire to connect.

I still have to mount the light to the plate, and then mount the plate to the radiator guards, and then wire the whole thing. But that's for tomorrow. Now I have to eat some nachos and watch the Cleveland Show.

Sympul!

fighter THIS bitches!!!

Check out my SV (and other assorted items) Project Thread! HERE! (because 'stock' is never good enough)

Last edited by sympul; 08-29-2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: added a link
This user High Fived sympul!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
CBod

Fighter
CBod's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 7 Times in 3 Posts
CBod is making some friendsCBod is making some friendsCBod is making some friendsCBod is making some friends

how about some pics of the bike as it sits now. i just picked up a 2000 sv650 myself
CBod is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2010, 10:18 PM   #4
n0regret5
Commander Cool
n0regret5's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:51 PM
Flip Offs: 488
Flipped Off 214 Times in 150 Posts
n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!n0regret5 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

hadn't seen quicksands' build, those indicators are a freakin cool idea!

n0regret5 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-29-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
sympul
Everything is simple...

CF Addict

As requested, here's my bike as she stands now.

More pictures when there's progress.

Sympul

fighter THIS bitches!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-30-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
polecat
Never Enough
CF Addict
polecat's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 3 Times in 3 Posts
polecat is a glorious beacon of lightpolecat is a glorious beacon of lightpolecat is a glorious beacon of lightpolecat is a glorious beacon of lightpolecat is a glorious beacon of lightpolecat is a glorious beacon of lightpolecat is a glorious beacon of lightpolecat is a glorious beacon of lightpolecat is a glorious beacon of lightpolecat is a glorious beacon of lightpolecat is a glorious beacon of light

looking good man. your sv is in way better shape than mine that's for sure.
polecat is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
ASM
Sparky
Senior Fighterer
ASM's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:51 PM
Flip Offs: 3
Flipped Off 5 Times in 5 Posts
ASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to allASM is a name known to all

That muffler is crying to be shortened up.... reminds me of the potato launcher i made when i was a kid lol.
Clean SV thou, nice place to start. What part of ontario are you in??
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #8
sympul
Everything is simple...

CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by polecat View Post
looking good man. your sv is in way better shape than mine that's for sure.
Thx Polecat! I still wish I paid for mine what you paid for yours.

ASM:
Ottawa Ontario.

Yea, the muff is pretty fugly. The PO has punched out all the baffles so it rumbles like a beast. I'd like to shorten it up though to make the space between the rear wheel and the tail a bit more dramatic. Maybe this Winter when I'm home and pestering the wife and she threatens to leave me again if I don't stop bugging her.

Girls, they're so touchy.

Sympul

fighter THIS bitches!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
sympul
Everything is simple...

CF Addict

More PICTURES! ... and the progress that follows them.

So, I went and got a couple of bolts and mounted up some plates to the rad guards.

the first thing I learned was that I can't drill a fucking hole straight, or measure worth a fuck. I'll have to learn this quick, or I'll be going through parts like a fat kid. (because they break shit.)

So, I just took a round file and 'massaged' the holes (ha!) till they were loose enough for my shaft. (hahahahaha!!)

Because the plate is offset, (because the light is a little large for the space I have available) I had to use one of the main mounting bolts, and another bolt to anchor the light. The second bolt stuck out a little at the end, so I chopped it off like Lorena Bobbit with a Dremel tool.

Here's the crime scene photos:

So now the light is on the plate, and the plate is on the rad guards.
Here's how it looks on the bike:

and from the front

and the rear

and from the Driver's POV

I'm going to leave it connected and ride for the rest of the week like this to see if there's any issues. This weekend I'll tear into the wiring and connect them up to the blinkers, see how they perform and then exile the stock ones.

yay!!

Sympul

fighter THIS bitches!!!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-30-2010, 10:34 PM   #10
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:51 PM
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Dude, that is an awesome idea for front signals. I just may have to steal that idea for my Sabre!
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Fight Everything!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes