Spooky: Phoebe's 1999 Buell M2 Cyclone - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Spooky: Phoebe's 1999 Buell M2 Cyclone

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Phoebe
Swamp Witch

Phoebe's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:34 AM
Flip Offs: 86
Flipped Off 17 Times in 15 Posts
Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Spooky: Phoebe's 1999 Buell M2 Cyclone

So here's my new bike as of 10/21/2010. It's a 1999 Buell M2 Cyclone with about 15,000 miles on it. I paid $2000 for it. It came with a clean title and all of its paperwork, including receipts and documentation of everything that's ever been done to it. All mods, repairs and maintenance were professionally done. From what I can tell, I'm owner #3. The only mods that have been done to it so far are a Mikuni HSR42 carb, Forcewinder intake, and D&D racing muffler (which makes it sound like you're opening the gates to hell when you rev it!). It is otherwise completely stock, right down to the lollipop mirrors that like to unscrew while you're riding it. It also came with the stock HSR40 carb, and that's going to go on my Blast once I rebuild it. The bike has been well taken care of, and hasn't been dropped or crashed.

Mechanically, the bike is nearly perfect. The only thing that needs to be fixed on it right now is a leaking fork seal on the compression side (right). Obviously, both seals will be replaced. Cosmetically, the bike is in good shape, however some of the fasteners and the aluminum are oxidized or rusty. The bike was pretty dirty too. It was covered with road grime, insect droppings, dust, dirt, sand and pollen. The previous owner lives on a gravel road in the woods, so that explains that. It got a thorough Phoebe-level cleaning today (see above). You can see some of the cosmetic issues below. These were taken before I washed it:

Rusty collector and some of the paint is coming off of the muffler.

All of the aluminum is oxidized and many of the fasteners are either oxidized or rusty. Not a big deal, and like I said, this is just cosmetic. These pieces of hardware will either be cleaned up and painted, or replaced when possible.

Anyway, the bike is obviously named Spooky, and I was inspired to name it that because of its orange and black paint scheme and of course the fact that I bought it near Halloween The theme of the bike is to keep it orange and black, and basically anything that is silver or bare aluminum will be painted black. I want to get some carbon bits for it to replace some of the black plastic pieces, and probably a little chrome here and there on the motor to make it stand out. It's going to get tidied up, prettified, modded lightly and upgraded when possible. I want it to be clean and minimalistic, much like my Blast. My goal is to keep this bike on the road as much as possible, since it will be my daily rider.

Please keep in mind that this is a long term project. I plan on hanging onto this bike indefinitely, so I will be working on it when time and money allow, and I'm in no rush.

That's about it for now!

Last edited by Phoebe; 10-23-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: grammar oops
Phoebe is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
McBlacken
The Black Arm-y
CF Addict
McBlacken's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:34 AM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 15 Times in 11 Posts
McBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant future
Default Re: Spooky: Phoebe's 1999 Buell M2 Cyclone

Sounds exciting I am looking forward to seeing it, none of the vids are working.

McBlacken is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived McBlacken!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
Phoebe
Swamp Witch

Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Phoebe is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBlacken View Post
Sounds exciting I am looking forward to seeing it, none of the vids are working.
The stupid tags from flickr were incorrect. I just fixed them.
These people High Fived Phoebe!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #4
MadMadame
Konichiwa Bitches
MadMadame's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 122
Flipped Off 105 Times in 40 Posts
MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!MadMadame is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

Woohoo!

RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09

MadMadame is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived MadMadame!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
endo
The Soft Serve Enigma
endo's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:34 AM
Flip Offs: 73
Flipped Off 96 Times in 82 Posts
endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!endo is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 2007 Streetfighter Buildoff - Most Complete Theme 

SWEET, it's found a good home!

Project Redefyned 7/11

If I have to explain, you won't understand.
RIP Michele "MadMadame" Monroe, 30Apr80-24Mar12
RIP Gavin "Greencheezeeta" Butts, 5Oct83-8Sep09
endo is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived endo!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #6
cage
Gear Head
cage's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 255
Flipped Off 105 Times in 39 Posts
cage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympuscage sits atop olympus

Awesome.

Keep the fight alive
cage is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived cage!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
McBlacken
The Black Arm-y
CF Addict
McBlacken's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 12:34 AM
Flip Offs: 168
Flipped Off 15 Times in 11 Posts
McBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant futureMcBlacken has a brilliant future

Sweet bike Phoebe, I think it fits you.

McBlacken is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived McBlacken!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
Phoebe
Swamp Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
SWEET, it's found a good home!
Indeed it has. The previous owner said to me "I'm so glad you're not going to pull the motor out of it and put it in a chopper frame!" I told him I would never do such a thing, and it's definitely going to a good home. She will be very well taken care of. You all know how I roll
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
Phoebe
Swamp Witch

Dammit, I just noticed I lost all the stuff I wrote above the photos Gonna go back and edit now.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 10-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

its a fookin beaooty Phoebe! Nice one gal!

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ROBBO!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes