TS185 Build - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > TS185 Build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
black93lx

Senior Fighterer
black93lx's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 11:57 PM
Flip Offs: 2
Flipped Off 1 Time in 1 Post
black93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friends
Default TS185 Build

Ok decided to move this over to the project section. And since I got rid of the r6 its time to do some work so i can have something to ride when it warms up.

Pulled my 1st bike I ever had outta the shed . I took it apart when the magneto went out and the clutch was worn. Replaced the clutch and never got around to doin the magneto. Now I need to see if I can find the parts I took off years ago. Carbs still seems clean from the last time I did them. Engine still turns over, so thats good. Now time to hunt down the missing parts. I will need some new fork seals noticed they were leaking.

1975 Suzuki TS185. I got it from the original owner about 15years ago now. Still have the original title never been titled to anyone else.

But the rear fender was busted from the wind slamming a gate closed on it many a years ago.

So what else to do with a busted fender then bust out the sawzall.

I like how it came out. Need to figure out the color I want to go with. My just do the fenders in black or maybe go back with a silver like it came with. Not sure so toss out your opinions on that. Also took off the 2stroke oil container cover and puttied up some rough spots along with the fender.

And we are back to black on the fenders. Not sure what I want to do with the tank or the oil cover yet.

Did bedliner on the fenders and paint on the cover and will be on the tank too.

Tank is also painted black but that may change. Its almost to much black. I want to get a trail tech x2 light I think for it. Just ordered up a manual for it so I can get it put back together.

Have new fork seals
Manuals on its way
Gasket sets on its way

And I will prob order some new rings for it too cuz it was smoking back in the day.
black93lx is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived black93lx!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
sepang
ไบรอัน
CF Lover
sepang's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 4
Flipped Off 7 Times in 5 Posts
sepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond reputesepang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TS185 Build

brings back memories,TS100 was my first bike.
sepang is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived sepang!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 01-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
black93lx

Senior Fighterer
black93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friendsblack93lx is making some friends

Also goin run protaper bars and a single bar mount miiror on the left. Saw a ad on ebay for tappered roller bearings that are suppose to fit with no work. But cost bout $50 so not sure

Was browsing around ebay. and saw this tail, I think it would look good. Made out of aluminum and i think it was 140 shipped. Not to bad. Though I may just make one outta steel since I have a 10ft sheet of 16ga in the garage

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
black93lx

Senior Fighterer

ok. got the manuel, fork seals, rings, gasket set. just need to order stem bearings and get a headlight. but i got some inspiration now. figured out what i want to do for a seat. brat style

These people High Fived black93lx!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
black93lx

Senior Fighterer

well made some progress today. wired up the air compressor i just got. got the carb for the 4 wheeler cleaned and ready to go back on. and started on a seat pan for the bike.

This user High Fived black93lx!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
sweeper
VVItapdatassVV
Fighterer
sweeper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:57 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 8 Times in 1 Post
sweeper is a good noobiesweeper is a good noobiesweeper is a good noobie

Noice!

I'm in the process of building a Yammi DT250 along similar lines, keep up with the updates!
sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
black93lx

Senior Fighterer

well. got some foam for the seat. picked up a gallon of resin, ran out. was goin to lay down the mat tonite but the wife wasn't feeling good. and since our room is directly over the garage. didn't want to stink up the house when she wasn't' feeling good. but will do it tomorrow for sure. and was reading the manual and saw that the forks just take straight 30wt motor oil. so goin pick up some at walmart tonite when we go shopping.
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #8
balline36m3

CF Pimp
balline36m3's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 929
Flipped Off 504 Times in 71 Posts
balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!balline36m3 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

I'm very interested in this build. I also learned to ride on a ts 185
balline36m3 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #9
sweeper
VVItapdatassVV
Fighterer
sweeper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 09:57 PM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 8 Times in 1 Post
sweeper is a good noobiesweeper is a good noobiesweeper is a good noobie

When you do your forks, you might want to try 40w and 50w oil in them, it changes the damping and will help out tuning the suspension for the street.

And some adjustable damper shocks out back, seen 'em for pretty cheap on fleabay.

What are you planning on for the front tire and wheel setup? Leave that big ol' chopper size stocker on there or get a smaller wheel laced up?
sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
black93lx

Senior Fighterer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
When you do your forks, you might want to try 40w and 50w oil in them, it changes the damping and will help out tuning the suspension for the street.

And some adjustable damper shocks out back, seen 'em for pretty cheap on fleabay.

What are you planning on for the front tire and wheel setup? Leave that big ol' chopper size stocker on there or get a smaller wheel laced up?

yeah i was thinking of trying 40 but maybe 50w might be better. I weigh in at 260. But the stock rear shocks are adjustable and last I rode it they were still in good shape, so I'll cross that bridge later. I'm leaving the stock 19in wheel up front. 18in out back. but that 19in wheel limits my tire choices. But I'm leaning towards the bridgestone trail wing tires. While I'd prefer a more aggressive tread pattern for looks, this thing is goin be doing 95% street.

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes