98 gsxr 750 meets 08 gsxr 1000 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 98 gsxr 750 meets 08 gsxr 1000

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:25 AM
Flip Offs: 44
Flipped Off 19 Times in 15 Posts
piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 
Default 98 gsxr 750 meets 08 gsxr 1000

my current ride is a 98 gsxr 750 fully faired. it has some mild mods. yoshimura carbon fiber trs. K&N, timing retard eliminator. power commander. mild port and pollish. mild skim on the head. -1 tooth in the front + 2 in the rear. and some other minor things but basically just like every other bike around.

i had the bike for sale for a bit because i wanted to upgrade to a 1000cc bike and something newer. after being for sale for probably 6 months and me still riding it all i really got were people trying to trade me beat up dirt bikes, lawnmowers, and other junk, i found an 08 gsxr 1000 without a frame, fairings, and a few other things. so the hunt was on for an 07/08 frame. after a few months of over priced junk i decided to just build what i wanted. out came the tools and then there were parts all over the floor.

next up was getting back to a rolling chassis. the 98 750 and 08 1000 use the same head bearings and as that is the only contact point between the frame and forks i assumed it would slot right in. turns out i was right. cant use the steering lock, steering stops, or the steering damper as it mounts differently but im not too worried about any of that. the stops are going to be cut and rewelded in a better location. the steering lock is going to be left as is. and the steering damper is probably going to be replaced with a side mount unless i can find a way to mount the stock 08 damper.
and before anyone says anything. yes i know my shed is a disaster. and no my frame and forks are not bent. the rear is on a pretty tall stand with no motor in it so it makes the forks look like they are straight up and down

08 1000cc motor waiting to go in

level one racing exhaust with titanium header

plans as of now are to cut the upper rear motor mounts off the frame and replace them with a bolt on steel mount, cut the front mounts down and use bolt on transition plates. got a set of levers for 40 bucks from a friend(pazzo, avs, or crg, cant remember) shorty black on blacks. got an 02 gsxr 1000 rear wheel as the 08 will not work with the srad swing arm. still deciding between the stock srad rear shock. the 08 1000 rear shock, and an 03 750 rear shock. the ride height would be lower with the 03 and then lower again with the 08 but i can swap the top mount to make up for that and shim if need be. still need to find some tires, sprockets, and a chain. fab up some pair block off plates, remove the set valve and patch the hole left. any input would be much apretiated. not really sure when ill be able to work on her next. full time job, daughter, no money, and lots of snow in an un heated tin shed with no doors.
piester is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
929_adam
5 years in BOP 4 class D
929_adam's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 500
Flipped Off 165 Times in 131 Posts
929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!929_adam is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 
Default Re: 98 gsxr 750 meets 08 gsxr 1000

SOunds like a great project! Keep us posted.

Cant you swap in the 08 swinger as well?

Gavin Wayne Butts - Greencheezeeta - 10/5/83 - 9/8/09 RIP My Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpls|cafe|racer
"Knowledge is knowing that you know nothing." That's a motto to live by. There's always someone out there better, more knowledgable, faster, etc. and you can always learn and improve...
customfighters.com streetfighter forum

FOH CYCLE FAB
929_adam is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
piester
Bitches love Fighters

piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!piester is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Fighter of the Month 

i had thought about that but not without a good amount of cutting and modifying. the 01/02 and 03/04 swinger fit the srad but the 07/08 wont fit in the 01/02 or the 03/04. plus id rather keep the srad swinger in there. its an inch or 2 shorter i believe. still havnt decided on the bars yet. im probably going to keep my clipons for a while as i like that riding position and have a few sets that will fit the fork tubes. and i have a single headlamp im probably going to use for now. not sure on the tail either. im probably going to keep it a 2 seater as the lady likes to go for rides with me. i have an idea for a naked subframe but im not sure. that would let me unbolt the passenger seat section for just a solo seater. too many choices. i also have this pesky t3/t4 turbo sitting around, never been used. just need a bov and wg. possibly an intercooler too. not sure about oil lines yet either. hm. i also have a friend who said he would make me a set of upper and lower clamps to space the forks for a 180 or 190 front tire. but that would probably be just silly. still need to find someone to weld the bottom of the 08 tank to my tank so i can use the 08 fuel pump.

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus

nice bub i'm subscribing to this!

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ultimate fighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
Lt Numb Nuts
GURU
CF Lover
Lt Numb Nuts's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 8
Flipped Off 9 Times in 6 Posts
Lt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of lightLt Numb Nuts is a glorious beacon of light

^^ Me as well!
Lt Numb Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Lt Numb Nuts!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
badfish816
Bazinga!
CF Pimp
badfish816's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:25 AM
Flip Offs: 347
Flipped Off 301 Times in 61 Posts
badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!badfish816 is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!

i am really excited about this build. git er did.

and dont let side show bob hear you say it is silly. thems fightin words.
badfish816 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived badfish816!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
whitey818
The Glistening Turd
CF Pimp
whitey818's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 7
Flipped Off 26 Times in 12 Posts
whitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud ofwhitey818 has much to be proud of

Love seeing engine swaps, definately watching this build.

"Some men aren't looking for anything logical. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." Alfred Pennyworth
whitey818 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived whitey818!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
piester
Bitches love Fighters

Fighter of the Month 

small update started getting the motor slotted in today. still have to figure out why the airbox wont even come close to fitting. but ill get to that tomorrow or something. anyways, heres a pic
These people High Fived piester!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #9
ultimate fighter
Remi's Dad
ultimate fighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 1,427
Flipped Off 875 Times in 399 Posts
ultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympusultimate fighter sits atop olympus

hmmmmmmmmmmm

UF's 2017 winter buildoff MOE POWA
talk about my junk
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh View Post
CB is cool as fuck , proper old skool kick your cunt in for looking at it funny
ultimate fighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 02-06-2011, 06:25 PM   #10
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Fookit I wanna muck rite on in there with ya mate ! Nice as fook !

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes