'79 XR500 - Page 20 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > '79 XR500

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #191
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus
Default Re: '79 XR500

dont mean to hi jack but... you gotter thread up for zee b12 yet?

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived gsf1200R!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2011, 04:26 PM   #192
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:55 AM
Flip Offs: 190
Flipped Off 111 Times in 48 Posts
RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 
Thumbs up Re: '79 XR500

If I posted all the stuff I'm always up to, I wouldn't have much time to do work.

Just off the top of my head, bikes I've had a hand in through the past year or so.

CBR600F3
GPz600R
R6
YZF100R ThunderAce
GSXR600
CB360T
CB1100F
KZ550
KZ650
KZ440
XT500
XR500
RT180K
2 XL75's
750 Shadow
750 Virago
700 Magna
Ninja 650R
Katana 600 ('98)
CB550
GL1100
CR125
CL100 w/ CB125 engine
ZX9
CBR600 F1 "Hurricane"
XR250R and an L model
XR650L
V-Strom 1000
TS185
DT250 Enduro

I think thats about it. Every single bike either took fab work or parts. Or a combo of both.

I'm sure people that know me well on CF can vouch for 75% of those bikes, and I can post pics of the other 25% (or all of them).

I live motorcycles. Honestly, it's all I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweihammer View Post
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
RatFighter is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #193
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

RatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympusRatFighter sits atop olympus
Fighter of the Month 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsf1200R View Post
dont mean to hi jack but... you gotter thread up for zee b12 yet?

Very soon. I been thinking since the buy back of my bike is a done deal it wouldn't really be jumping the gun to start it off with the 1st incarnation and a small build sheet of it. Then post up pics once I get it home and start the work from there.

Quote:
Looking at this Large Hadron Collider of a vehicle, I am starting to think the little bastard may have been on to something...
This user High Fived RatFighter!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #194
gsf1200R
ShamanFighter
gsf1200R's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 06:55 AM
Flip Offs: 485
Flipped Off 802 Times in 365 Posts
gsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympusgsf1200R sits atop olympus

i live motorcycles, Bass Guitar, Electric Guitar and Writing. i do motorcycles 60 hours a week 40 of those is working in a shop and the rest is taking rivets out of exhausts on my magna, spray bombing. the rest of my time is spent either sleepin at home depot (18 hours a week) at the smoke shack(7 hours a week) and playing open mic nites on tuesdays. needless to say im pretty busy its hard to keep track what personality i am sometimes. i feel like im living 5 different lives.

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America.
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.
gsf1200R is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived gsf1200R!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #195
ROBBO
MAJOR FOOKIN' CATASTROPHY
ROBBO's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 643
Flipped Off 1,366 Times in 753 Posts
ROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too muchROBBO plays with their repper too much
Fighter of the Month Default Medal Fighter of the Month Fighter of the Month Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post
If I posted all the stuff I'm always up to, I wouldn't have much time to do work.

Just off the top of my head, bikes I've had a hand in through the past year or so.

CBR600F3
GPz600R
R6
YZF100R ThunderAce
GSXR600
CB360T
CB1100F
KZ550
KZ650
KZ440
XT500
XR500
RT180K
2 XL75's
750 Shadow
750 Virago
700 Magna
Ninja 650R
Katana 600 ('98)
CB550
GL1100
CR125
CL100 w/ CB125 engine
ZX9
CBR600 F1 "Hurricane"
XR250R and an L model
XR650L
V-Strom 1000
TS185
DT250 Enduro
KZ 1000 MUST BE COMIN YER WAY SOON BEN

I think thats about it. Every single bike either took fab work or parts. Or a combo of both.

I'm sure people that know me well on CF can vouch for 75% of those bikes, and I can post pics of the other 25% (or all of them).

Yas fer sure! I woud vouch fer this bloke as a man of his word all day evry day!

...ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL...
ROBBO' 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post

Fucking reaper better fear me.
ROBBO is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived ROBBO!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #196
sweeper
VVItapdatassVV
Fighterer
sweeper's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:55 AM
Flip Offs: 1
Flipped Off 8 Times in 1 Post
sweeper is a good noobiesweeper is a good noobiesweeper is a good noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatFighter View Post

CBR600F3
GPz600R
R6
YZF100R ThunderAce
GSXR600
CB360T
CB1100F
KZ550
KZ650
KZ440
XT500
XR500
RT180K
2 XL75's
750 Shadow
750 Virago
700 Magna
Ninja 650R
Katana 600 ('98)
CB550
GL1100
CR125
CL100 w/ CB125 engine
ZX9
CBR600 F1 "Hurricane"
XR250R and an L model
XR650L
V-Strom 1000
TS185
DT250 Enduro

Geezus, and I thought I was a bike whore!
Mine in the last year:
79 IT175
78DT125
74DT250
74DT100
75DT100
81XL80
08 Lifan 200
89CBR600
89FZR600
89ZX-6
89FZR1000
82 Seca 750
81 XS400
78 GS850
Hawg-Ty mini-bike
Moto-4 quad
and I think I'm missing a couple.......
Yeah, your list is twice as long!

I'm agonna have to show this to my wife! Maybe she'll get off my ass about havin' too many toys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopie View Post
I want to move to some forgotten place, and just live life until the sun is blocked out by the bombs...
Nekkid Fizzer
Leader Bike
sweeper is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived sweeper!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #197
Fight Everything
Rollin hard in Wiscompton

CF Pimp
Fight Everything's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 55
Flipped Off 45 Times in 35 Posts
Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!Fight Everything is an amazingly helpful member with a good attitude!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

Pssst....Ben....you forgot one......
Fight Everything is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Fight Everything!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #198
Shmitterton
Cant leave shit alone!
CF Addict
Shmitterton's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 04:55 AM
Flip Offs: 64
Flipped Off 20 Times in 12 Posts
Shmitterton is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Shmitterton is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Shmitterton is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Shmitterton is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Shmitterton is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Shmitterton is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Shmitterton is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Shmitterton is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Shmitterton is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Shmitterton is a wicked helpful, well liked member!Shmitterton is a wicked helpful, well liked member!
Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

God I wanna tard out the 400R.... Keep ya head up bro. That thing is bonkers, F what others think!
Shmitterton is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived Shmitterton!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #199
RatFighter
UnicycleMode

Fighter of the Month 
Thumbs up Re: '79 XR500

I found ONE place on the entire planet that still has some counter balancer chains on the shelf. Gonna get working on acquiring one of those.

I've really had to sit down and figure the financial situation. It's down to making decisions that benefit the long run... as much as it hurts to say, the SM prep is put on hold yet again... maybe until I get another bike that would cater to such a setup much better.

It struck me like lightning yesterday, I have THE platform for this:

I have a CBR or a GSXR shock, whatever works best, prolink swinger for a 250R, and a fresh fork set w/ big brake setup for a CB360 (direct bolt on). Then the only real purchase is a pair of shorter shocks and a small battery to power some desert racer style fog lights.

I'm pretty much checked out on working on the XR. With the current needs I'm beginning to think this is the last time this engine gets rebuilt. I'm tempted to bore the thing out to a barely reliable 550+cc's. A piston/ring/wrist pin kit is under $200 and the balancer chain is $80. So I figure with the machine work I'll end up just at or below $600 overall for everything finished before the ice racing kicks off. Probably be able to knock out the whole break in period on the lake.

Since the decisions have been made, I'm going to put the poor bike through one more session. Going to head to Dyracuse MX park and throw down through the deep sand on some aggressive knobbies as an end of the season blowout. Just changed the oil on the XR and should be able to get a few hours of abuse out of it before I have to tear it back down again. All that work through the summer can't fall to nothing! Gotta have a little fun before it's back to the grind. Hence the desire to call the wrenching quits for the rest of the season and abuse the bike one last time.

Stay tuned, when the XR goes street tracker the XL75 is going to be built side by side with the exact same styling. I'm gonna have a pair of street trackers! The biggest, and the smallest.

-Ratty

Quote:
These people High Fived RatFighter!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 08-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #200
CanerMx
Noobie
Flip Offs: 0
Flipped Off 0 Times in 0 Posts
CanerMx is a NOOB

Great to see that type of passion for riding
CanerMx is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CanerMx!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes