1983 gs1100 street drag bike - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Go Back   Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes

Member Project Bikes Project progress threads of members streetfighters.

CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > 1983 gs1100 street drag bike

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
whiteknucler6
complete asshole
CF Lover
whiteknucler6's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 03:49 AM
Flip Offs: 56
Flipped Off 27 Times in 6 Posts
whiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to all
Default 1983 gs1100 street drag bike

basically i traded a dirtbike for this thing, it runs great but is seriously lacking in the rubber and brake department. So the plans are usd front end, rigid rear with 190 or 200 tire, low stance and a buncg of motor work eventually. here are some pictures

these are how the big girl sat stock, these old bikes are fast for as heavy as they are. let the tear down begin

my build

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=43097

A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy
whiteknucler6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived whiteknucler6!

Advertisement
These advertisements only appear for guests, register now for free to remove these ads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
whiteknucler6
complete asshole
CF Lover
whiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to allwhiteknucler6 is a name known to all
Default Re: 1983 gs1100 street drag bike

ok so here i started stripping off probably nearly 100lbs worth of shit, the saving will be even more once i swap the front end and rear.

my build

A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy
whiteknucler6 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
This user High Fived whiteknucler6!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
whiteknucler6
complete asshole
CF Lover

here i chopped the subframe down, it is all going to be changed anyway, and through the cbr race tail up there. it actually looks pretty good for what it is and flows well with the tank, but i think something smaller is in order

here is the cbr929 front end, its off a wrecked bike i had laying around, i just need to order the bearings and maybe machine a spacer

my build

These people High Fived whiteknucler6!

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
whiteknucler6
complete asshole
CF Lover

so i just placed my order at www.allballsracing.com so my bearing for the front end should be here by the weekend

my build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
dunebuggyq
piss on it
CF Addict
dunebuggyq's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 207
Flipped Off 56 Times in 8 Posts
dunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant future

good start man love those older gs bikes
dunebuggyq is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
whiteknucler6
complete asshole
CF Lover

i was pleasantly surprised as to how well it moved out fully loaded, i cant wait to see what it does all lightened up!

my build

Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #7
dunebuggyq
piss on it
CF Addict
dunebuggyq's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Flip Offs: 207
Flipped Off 56 Times in 8 Posts
dunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant futuredunebuggyq has a brilliant future

heres a buddies gs drag bike
dunebuggyq is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived dunebuggyq!
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #8
whiteknucler6
complete asshole
CF Lover

that bike is awesome. I am going to change the tank on mine and i am pretty much dead set on doing a rigid back half, so i am going to get going on that part of the project in a couple of weeks. This weekend though i will be doing the front end swap and cleaning up the frame
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
whiteknucler6
complete asshole
CF Lover

what tail should i do? i am kinda thinking cafe but i am open to suggestions. I am also looking at a nice early gs tank that will look much better
Old Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum Post 03-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #10
CK 187
CAPTAIN AWESOMEŽ

CK 187's Avatar on CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
I support CustomFighters.com Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Local Time: 05:49 AM
Flip Offs: 631
Flipped Off 470 Times in 171 Posts
CK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too muchCK 187 plays with their repper too much
Default Medal Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity Supporter of the Streetfighter Build for Charity 

rigid rear sounds cool. are you stretching it too?
CK 187 is offline   Reply With Quote on our streetfighter motorcycle forum
These people High Fived CK 187!

Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum > Streetfighter Motorcycle Discussion > Member Project Bikes